Success doesn't happen overnight, and plenty of celebrities had other jobs and dreams before making it big.
Here, we look at 10 stars who pursued a career in healthcare as they helped out those in need with their medical knowledge and skills.
Surgeries and more!Updated
- Bang Showbiz
Everyone on the big screen had to start somewhere, with plenty of Hollywood actors having other jobs before becoming blockbuster stars.
As featured on
Hollywood screen legend Sidney Poitier died on Friday, January 7, 2022, at the age of 94.
The COVID-19 pandemic slowed down the production of many series and delayed the premiere of …
- The worst fires in New York City history have something in common: Immigrant victims
- Djokovic loses visa appeal, won't play in Australian Open
- Hostages safely rescued after nearly 11-hour ordeal at a Texas synagogue, officials say. The suspect is dead
- NYPD make arrest in connection to the death of an Asian woman who was pushed in front of a train
- 2,000 flights canceled for Sunday as winter storm hits East Coast
- Snow, sleet, rain and freezing temperatures in the forecast for Gwinnett County Sunday
- Winter weather advisory issued for Gwinnett as snow, ice anticipated on Sunday
- Duluth police arrest employee at Shell gas station where illegal gambling allegedly took place
- CEO of MARTA, Atlanta transportation service, dies by suicide
- Man beaten and kicked by Gwinnett police officers on Sugarloaf Parkway reaches settlement with county
- Gwinnett police investigating fatal double shooting at shopping center near Norcross
- State officials say they have an 'all-hands-on-deck response' as Georgia prepares for winter storm
- Academy Sports+Outdoors reopening after CFP National Championship game to sell UGA merchandise
- Gwinnett deputies arrest man wanted on murder, criminal street gang charges
- GBI investigating shooting in Snellville that left one dead, another injured
- Counties with highest COVID-19 infection rates in Georgia
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week —Jan. 10
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for Jan. 9, 2022
- ON THE MARKET: Pool area, backyard highlight this Suwanee area home, located on the Chattahoochee River
- GET OUT THERE: 5 things to do this weekend in Gwinnett County —Jan. 14-16
- PHOTOS: Barrow County Animal Control Adoptable Pets of the Week — Jan. 10
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Top Gwinnett County stories from Jan. 3-9
- PHOTOS: UGA fans flock to stores immediately after title game to buy national championship gear
- PHOTOS: CFP National Championship, Georgia vs. Alabama Pre-Game Scenes
- PHOTOS: UGA National Championship Parade in Athens
Find a local business
January is the beginning of a new year and the perfect time to start the year celebrating National Blood Donor Month.
Due to increased seasonal illnesses during the winter months and inclement weather conditions, donations of blood and platelets decline, and demand increases. The American Red Ross encourages everyone can donate to continue their donations or for those who have never donated, to make an appointment. Blood donation is safer than ever before and saves lives. Millions of people including cancer patients, organ recipients, and victims of accidents rely on blood donations from people like you and me.
To find the closest location to donate blood, go to www.redcross.org/give-blood.html
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.