The owners of the Yellow River Wildlife Sanctuary are in the mood to party this week as they reached a major milestone.
The center, which is located at the former Yellow River Game Ranch site and provides a home to animals that cannot be released back into the wild, celebrate its one-year anniversary Friday. The sanctuary will offer keeper chats throughout the day, as well as Buy Two, Get One Free feed cups and Yellow River Wildlife Sanctuary swag for visitors, its owners said in an email announcement.
After a couple of years of planning and extensive renovations to the former game ranch property, the sanctuary opened in May 2020.
The Yellow River Wildlife Sanctuary is located at 4525 U.S. Highway 78 in Lilburn.
I'm a Crawford Long baby who grew up in Marietta and eventually wandered to the University of Southern Mississippi for college. Earned a BA in journalism (double minor in political science and history). Previously worked in Florida and Clayton County.
- US law enforcement 'very nervous' about proactive policing as gun violence soars
- It's not just your imagination. Drivers in the pandemic have gotten more reckless
- A tiny dinosaur trapped in amber turned out to be a 'really weird animal' instead
- Minneapolis shooting leaves 5 people wounded
- Hiker from Dublin has been missing for 10 days in Grand Teton National Park
- Motorcycle driver from Duluth killed in accident on Interstate 85 in Suwanee
- Gwinnett school board meeting goes on without disruption, but Critical Race Theory dominates public debate
- Grocery store Lidl opening new store in Duluth next week
- Gwinnett Solicitor Brian Whiteside questions GCPS police's handling of security at May 20 school board meeting
- YARBROUGH: Trying to understand Georgia Republicans not easy
- Gwinnett residents, business owners have until July 1 to register security alarms with the county
- Jacob "Jake" Cardiello
- Another insurance showdown looms in metro Atlanta hospitals
- Suspects in Albany murder captured by U.S. Marshals, Gwinnett County S.W.A.T.
- GCPS officials say security will be increased at this week's school board meeting
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- ON THE MARKET: The pool at this Suwanee home is amazing — and the inside is impressive as well
- WANTED IN GWINNETT: Week of June 14
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week — June 14
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for June 13, 2021
- PHOTOS: Barrow County Animal Control Adoptable Pets of the Week — June 14
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Top Gwinnett County stories from June 7-13
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week - June 15
- Amy Winehouse was in a HIP-HOP group?! 10 artists who were in bands before going solo
- PHOTOS: The Gwinnett Veterans Memorial Museum
Find a local business
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.