On Saturday, a dedication ceremony for Nick Blakely Field was held at Rhodes Jordan Park in Lawrenceville, making the newly refurbished field where Blakely’s long association with football began a lasting tribute to his memory.
I'm a Crawford Long baby who grew up in Marietta and eventually wandered to the University of Southern Mississippi for college. Earned a BA in journalism (double minor in political science and history). Previously worked in Florida and Clayton County.
As featured on
On Saturday, the story of Nick Blakely's life came full circle with the dedication of Nick Blakely Field at Rhodes Jordan Park in Lawrenceville, making the newly refurbished field where his long association with football began a lasting tribute to his memory.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- CVS and Target join other major retailers in requiring masks in US stores
- Rise in Georgia's COVID-19 cases called ‘frightening’
- The moon is about 85 million years younger than we thought, new study finds
- Joanna Cole, author of 'The Magic School Bus,' dies age 75
- This pitch-black fish of the deep has a disappearing act scientists just solved
- Congressional candidate Brooke Siskin arrested in Gwinnett on contempt charge for failing to surrender guns
- COVID-19 numbers show alarming jumps in Georgia
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms reissues stay-at-home order as COVID-19 cases soar
- Gwinnett Clerk of Courts temporarily closing main office after employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Gov. Brian Kemp faces decision on Georgia's COVID-19 restrictions
- There have been 1,330 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Gwinnett County over the last six days
- Gwinnett's COVID-19 case total jumped nearly 22% in eight days
- Gwinnett pushing closer to 12,000 COVID-19 cases
- Gov. Brian Kemp renews COVID-19 restrictions in Georgia with no mask mandate
- Amazon leases space for 'last mile' delivery station in Buford
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- ON THE MARKET: This $1.6 million home in Suwanee features a 'walkout pool oasis'
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week -- July 13
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: July 6-12
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for July 12, 2020
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week - July 14
- WANTED IN GWINNETT: Week of July 7
- PHOTOS: Auburn alum Brad Lester training Alabama star Najee Harris in Gwinnett
- PHOTOS: Lilburn high school students use Internet to reach communities in need of face masks
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week -- July 3
Find a local business
Gov. Brian Kemp's latest executive order contains new language requiring that any masking mandates put in place by city or county governments that go beyond the state’s voluntary measures “are suspended.” What kind of mask mandate are you in favor of?