Fall is traditionally a time for annual Oktoberfest celebrations around the world. With the COVID-19 pandemic still underway and recommendations for social distancing and avoiding large crowds still in place, however, here are some German foods and beverages that you can eat and drink (One drink for kids and people who don't like alcohol and six German beers for adults who prefer that) for an Oktoberfest celebration at home.
I'm a Crawford Long baby who grew up in Marietta and eventually wandered to the University of Southern Mississippi for college. Earned a BA in journalism (double minor in political science and history). Previously worked in Florida and Clayton County.
As featured on
Each fall, I set aside a weekend afternoon to cook this dish. The red wine in it helps to te…
Most dishes are either raw, like salad, or cooked, like a cake, but you can find dishes that…
- As Los Angeles County's hospitalizations nearly double in 2 weeks, restaurants get creative to survive new restrictions
- This is how astronauts celebrate Thanksgiving and other holidays in space
- Minneapolis mayor and police chief announce new policy for no-knock warrants
- Louisiana nurse dies while rescuing paraplegic patient from a house fire
- South Korean leader of online sexual blackmail ring sentenced to 40 years
- Gwinnett County Public Schools teachers will get additional $700 in December after a 'tough year'
- GCPS realigns schools in north Gwinnett to create new Seckinger cluster
- Gwinnett County Public Schools looking at staggering start of 2021-2022 school year
- Federal labor officials say Gwinnett Dunkin' that denied paid sick leave to employee who had COVID-19 has agreed to pay back wages
- Judge halts move by Trump-backed attorney to block election results in Georgia
- Police identify suspect, victims in fatal triple shooting in unincorporated Lawrenceville
- Georgia set for second election recount, unlikely to probe mail-in signatures
- Georgia high school teacher, coach arrested for sexual assault of a student
- Fire destroys 1930's home in Buford, results in death of a cat
- Gwinnett school board appoints new Jenkins Elementary School principal
- Least obedient dog breeds
- Wanted In Gwinnett — Week of Nov. 23
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week — Nov. 23
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for Nov. 22
- ON THE MARKET: This Duluth area mansion is being sold by a 3-time Super Bowl champion
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Top Gwinnett County stories from Nov. 16-22
- Most popular baby names in the 21st century
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week — Nov. 16
- PHOTOS: Buford City Schools distributes 9,500 meals during holiday break
Find a local business
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.