The Roadsters and Rescues Car Show was held Saturday on Clayton St. in downtown Lawrenceville.
Car and motorcycle enthusiasts enjoyed approximately 80 cars and motorcycles that competed for awards in various categories. The event was presented by the City of Lawrenceville and sponsored by Consolidated Pipe & Supply and Camp Gladiator.Proceeds from the event benefitted the Gwinnett Humane Society.
The event featured not only cars and motorcycles, but also pet adoptions, cornhole at the Lawrenceville Lawn from Peach State Cornhole, live music from the Jake Bartley Band and food trucks.
Event T-shirts are available for purchase online. Visit www.downtownlawrencevillga.com for more information.
Award winners were:
• Best in Show and People’s Choice Award Winner: Barry Schumaker and his 1962 Studebaker
• Best In Show Motorcycle Award Winner: Todd Gleaton
• Mayor’s Choice Award Winner: Norman Malone and his 1956 Thunderbird.
• Best Interior Award Winner: James Newton and his 1971 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible
• Best Classic Award Winner: Lonnie Ross and his 1967 Ford Mustang
• Best Antique Award Winner: Paul Ooly and his 1937 Ford Roadster
• Chopper’s Choice Award Winner: Charles Warbington and his 1957 Chevrolet
• Best Engine Award Winner: Theresa Leach and her 1966 Mustang.
• Gwinnett Humane Society Pet’s Choice Award Winner: Jimmy Walker and his 1969 Camaro
• Best Paint Award Winner: Denise Wood and her 2008 Mustang
- After the Texas missing tiger saga, owning a big cat as a house pet might become illegal in the US
- Good morning! It's Monday, May 17, 2021.
- Thousands evacuated as powerful Cyclone Tauktae threatens Indian region grappling with Covid
- Taiwan was a Covid success story. Now it's fighting its biggest outbreak
- China's space agency just gave the Communist Party a big 100th birthday gift: a rover on Mars
- Gwinnett police announce additional arrests in murder of woman killed in Dacula
- Lawrenceville looking to end curb-side recycling; considering alternatives for residents
- Gov. Brian Kemp signs bill barring Gwinnett tax commissioner from charging cities fees to supplement salary
- Quadruple shooting leaves one dead at Buford area apartment complex
- Gov. Brian Kemp issues executive order following Colonial Pipeline shutdown
- ‘Exceptional as they come’ — Snell twins leave their mark on Buford High School
- Lawrenceville's college corridor roadway is now open
- Man, woman found dead in vehicle in driveway of Gwinnett home, police say
- Community rallying to help family of teens in ICU after boat explosion at Margaritaville on Lake Lanier
- LETTERS: Gwinnett County school board needs to listen to public input
- PHOTOS: 2021 Valedictorians and Salutatorians in Gwinnett County
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- ON THE MARKET: Unique indoor/outdoor pool, private owner's suite viewing deck make this Duluth area home stand out
- ON THE MARKET: Resort-style pool is the focus of this Duluth estate — and the treehouse isn't bad either
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for May 16, 2021
- 5 things to do this weekend — May 14-16
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week — May 10
- PHOTOS: A look at Andretti Indoor Karting and Games' new Buford location
- Most popular dog breeds that don't shed
- ON THE MARKET: Rockdale County "barndominium" features barn living on 53+ acres of land
Find a local business
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.