The Mall of Georgia is inviting residents to help it celebrate the 10th anniversary of its “Movies Under The Stars” series this summer.
The free outdoor entertainment series begins May 26 with music by the Mike Veal Band followed by a showing of “The Lego Ninjago Movie” in the mall’s The Village area. Nearly every Saturday until July 28, music will be performed from 5 to 7 p.m. before a recent popular film is shown at 7:15 p.m.
The only exceptions will be June 30 and July 7 to accommodate the mall’s Fourth of July celebration.
“To celebrate the summer, shoppers are invited to bring along chairs and blankets to sit back and relax while enjoying the energizing tunes and family films,” mall officials said in a statement. “A variety of fun games, bounce houses, summer snack concessions and more will be available for all attendees to enjoy.”
The series is presented this year by Gwinnett 200, with Infiniti of Gwinnett, Subaru of Gwinnett and Select Mitsubishi-Gwinnett also serving as sponsors.
Mall of Georgia officials said attendees can enjoy Adirondack chairs, accent lighting, a new fire place area, state-of-the-art synthetic turf in the amphitheater and “The Park” children’s play area. The mall will also be using a new 14-foot LED screen to show the films.
The entertainment schedule includes:
• May 26: Mike Veal Band and “The Lego Ninjago Movie”;
• June 2: The Pak and “Black Panther”;
• June 9: Justin and “Paddington 2”;
• June 16: Dean Taylor and the Better Days and “Justice League”;
• June 23: The Woody’s and “Wonder”;
• July 4: Mall of Georgia’s 16th annual Star Spangled Fourth event,
— 5 p.m.: Kid’s Zone opens with family-friendly activities,
— 5 to 7 p.m.: The Throwback Experience,
— 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.: Mike Veal Band,
— 9:30 p.m.: Singing of the National Anthem by Mike Veal,
— 9:35 p.m.: Gwinnett County’s grandest fireworks display,
— Post-fireworks: “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle”;
• July 14: The Pak and “Star Wars: Episode VIII — The Last Jedi”;
• July 21: Band to be determined and “Coco”; and
• July 28: Hamrick and Haynes and “Cars 3.”