First responders paid tribute to Gwinnett's health care workers, a local high school was named No. 1 in the state and one of the best in the nation and local businesses made plans to reopen amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
These are the top stories from the past week.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Protesters gather outside Ferguson Police Department on anniversary of Michael Brown's death
- Illinois' breakout star in a hazy economic landscape: recreational marijuana
- Houses explode in Baltimore, trapping people inside
- Assaulting a worker who's enforcing masks is now a felony under a new Illinois law
- McDonald's is suing its ousted CEO for lying about sexual relationships with employees
- Gwinnett schools Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks: District will restore in-person instruction option — gradually
- Gainesville teen arrested for shooting at business on Satellite Boulevard in Suwanee area
- Family of teen murdered in Suwanee adding $8,000 to reward for information
- About 260 Gwinnett teachers not at work because of positive COVID-19 test or contact with infected individual
- Lawrenceville trying out new sidewalk dining on downtown square
- Police file murder charge against man who claimed girlfriend committed suicide on I-985
- Georgia reaches 200,000 COVID-19 case mark; county hot spots remain
- History professor who has accurately predicted every election since 1984 says Trump will lose
- Barrow County Schools will now only offer virtual learning after 90 staff members are forced to quarantine
- Police investigating fatal accident on Buford Drive
- WANTED IN GWINNETT: Week of Aug. 3
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week -- Aug. 3
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for Aug. 9, 2020
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for Aug. 2, 2020
- ON THE MARKET: This $3.995 million Duluth home boasts 22,000 square feet, a lake view and 12 — yes, 12 — bathrooms
- ON THE MARKET: Enjoy 6 private acres and panoramic lake views from this $1.119 million Suwanee home
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Aug. 3-9
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: July 27-Aug. 2
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett educators, parents march on GCPS offices to demand equity
Find a local business
This is not a scientific poll – results reflect only the opinions of those voting.