Gwinnett County Public Schools is leaning toward having students back in the classroom when the 2020-2021 school year begins Aug. 5, and a candidate for a seat on the Gwinnett Board of Commissioners and a former candidate for Congress are calling on county leaders to remove a confederate memorial that has stood on the Lawrenceville Square for nearly 30 years.
These are the top stories from the past week.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Gwinnett County to host fourth semi-annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day July 18
- New Hampshire Gov. Sununu says masks won't be required when students return in the fall
- An all-Black football team at a Georgia high school receives its championship rings -- 50 years later
- BBC and Guardian blame the pandemic for 250 job cuts
- Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt announces he has tested positive for coronavirus
- Congressional candidate Brooke Siskin arrested in Gwinnett on contempt charge for failing to surrender guns
- COVID-19 numbers show alarming jumps in Georgia
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms reissues stay-at-home order as COVID-19 cases soar
- There have been 1,330 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Gwinnett County over the last six days
- Gwinnett Clerk of Courts temporarily closing main office after employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Gwinnett's COVID-19 case total jumped nearly 22% in eight days
- Krispy Kreme opening new Snellville location next week
- Amazon leases space for 'last mile' delivery station in Buford
- Rapid rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations worries Georgia health care leaders
- Calls to remove Confederate marker in Lawrenceville coming from Republicans, Democrats — and head of Gwinnett's historical preservation board
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- ON THE MARKET: This $1.6 million home in Suwanee features a 'walkout pool oasis'
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week -- July 13
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: July 6-12
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for July 12, 2020
- WANTED IN GWINNETT: Week of July 7
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week -- July 3
- PHOTOS: Lilburn high school students use Internet to reach communities in need of face masks
- PHOTOS: 'End the Confederacy' Protest Rally at Gwinnett County Historic Courthouse
- PHOTOS: Auburn alum Brad Lester training Alabama star Najee Harris in Gwinnett