Cape Day is an annual tradition held in October that encourages the community to honor and celebrate the superhero patients battling illnesses and injuries at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.The ideas is to wear a cape in honor of those patients.
The day has also become a tradition at Buford City Schools, one that the district looks forward to celebrating each year.
"Teaching our students to engage with our community, enriches their educational experience by learning empathy and community service," Buford City Schools Superintendent Robert Downs said. "Our partnership with CHOA over the last several years has provided our school district with support in each of our schools in various ways. From their Strong 4 Life program to the athletic trainers they provide our teams, we appreciate all they do to support our students and enjoy being able to give back to them with our support of Cape Day.”
As featured on
- Louisiana nurse dies while rescuing paraplegic patient from a house fire
- South Korean leader of online sexual blackmail ring sentenced to 40 years
- Teacher's decades-old find on a Northern Ireland beach turns out to be the island's first-ever dinosaur discovery
- British-Australian academic freed by Iran in apparent prisoner exchange
- Gwinnett County deputies have arrested suspect in Aug. 2 fatal shooting in unincorporated Lilburn
- Gwinnett County Public Schools teachers will get additional $700 in December after a 'tough year'
- GCPS realigns schools in north Gwinnett to create new Seckinger cluster
- Gwinnett County Public Schools looking at staggering start of 2021-2022 school year
- Federal labor officials say Gwinnett Dunkin' that denied paid sick leave to employee who had COVID-19 has agreed to pay back wages
- Judge halts move by Trump-backed attorney to block election results in Georgia
- Police identify suspect, victims in fatal triple shooting in unincorporated Lawrenceville
- Georgia set for second election recount, unlikely to probe mail-in signatures
- Georgia high school teacher, coach arrested for sexual assault of a student
- Fire destroys 1930's home in Buford, results in death of a cat
- Gwinnett school board appoints new Jenkins Elementary School principal
- Least obedient dog breeds
- Wanted In Gwinnett — Week of Nov. 23
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week — Nov. 23
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for Nov. 22
- ON THE MARKET: This Duluth area mansion is being sold by a 3-time Super Bowl champion
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Top Gwinnett County stories from Nov. 16-22
- Most popular baby names in the 21st century
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week — Nov. 16
- PHOTOS: Buford City Schools distributes 9,500 meals during holiday break
Find a local business
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.