Cape Day is an annual tradition held in October that encourages the community to honor and celebrate the superhero patients battling illnesses and injuries at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.The ideas is to wear a cape in honor of those patients.
The day has also become a tradition at Buford City Schools, one that the district looks forward to celebrating each year.
"Teaching our students to engage with our community, enriches their educational experience by learning empathy and community service," Buford City Schools Superintendent Robert Downs said. "Our partnership with CHOA over the last several years has provided our school district with support in each of our schools in various ways. From their Strong 4 Life program to the athletic trainers they provide our teams, we appreciate all they do to support our students and enjoy being able to give back to them with our support of Cape Day.”
As featured on
- National Dog Show 2020: Here's what to know and how to watch
- Eastside Medical Center becomes home to G.R.E.A.T. Little Minds book exchange
- A Christmas miracle — Aurora Theatre's holiday tradition 'Christmas Canteen' moves to outdoor venue
- Ghislaine Maxwell is woken up in her cell every 15 minutes by flashlight to see if 'she is breathing,' her lawyer says
- City of Johns Creek collecting for Toys for Tots
- Gwinnett County Public Schools teachers will get additional $700 in December after a 'tough year'
- Gwinnett County Public Schools looking at staggering start of 2021-2022 school year
- GCPS realigns schools in north Gwinnett to create new Seckinger cluster
- Federal labor officials say Gwinnett Dunkin' that denied paid sick leave to employee who had COVID-19 has agreed to pay back wages
- Judge halts move by Trump-backed attorney to block election results in Georgia
- Gwinnett County Public Schools sets winter COVID-19 rules: 150 fans per game, no fans at swim/dive
- Georgia high school teacher, coach arrested for sexual assault of a student
- Police identify suspect, victims in fatal triple shooting in unincorporated Lawrenceville
- Georgia set for second election recount, unlikely to probe mail-in signatures
- Fire destroys 1930's home in Buford, results in death of a cat
- Least obedient dog breeds
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week — Nov. 23
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for Nov. 22
- ON THE MARKET: This Duluth area mansion is being sold by a 3-time Super Bowl champion
- Wanted In Gwinnett — Week of Nov. 23
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Top Gwinnett County stories from Nov. 16-22
- PHOTOS: Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week — Nov. 16
- Most popular baby names in the 21st century
- Gwinnett County High School Basketball Previews
Find a local business
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.