Gwinnett Police officer Antwan Toney, 30, was killed in the line of duty while responding to a suspicious persons call on Saturday near Shiloh Middle School near Snellville.
Antwan Toney was 30-years-old and just six days shy of his 3-year anniversary with the department.
- From Staff Reports
The South Gwinnett High School football team will honor late Gwinnett County Police Department officer Antwan Toney with a helmet decal for th…
The body of Gwinnett County Police Department Officer Antwan Toney was flown to his final resting place on Thursday.
Several thousand law enforcement officers and citizens from across Gwinnett, the state of Georgia and throughout the country gathered in Lawrenceville Wednesday morning to honor fallen Gwinnett County Police Department Officer Antwan Toney.
Thousands of people lined the procession route to pay tribute to fallen Gwinnett County Police Officer Antwan Toney on Wednesday.
Funeral services for Gwinnett County Police Department Officer Antwan Toney, held at 12Stone Church in Lawrenceville.
Ross, who has known Toney for more than a decade, was one hundreds who turned out Tuesday afternoon to pay their respects to the fallen Gwinnett County Police Department officer, who was killed Saturday after being shot when attempting to investigate a suspicious vehicle near Snellville’s Shiloh Middle School.
The funeral takes place at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Family and friends remember slain Gwinnett County Police Department Officer Antwan Toney as “a light that shined without ever attempting to dim another’s.”
Gov. Nathan Deal ordered flags at the state Capitol and in Gwinnett County to be flown at half-staff in honor of Gwinnett County police Officer Antwan Toney Monday afternoon.
The funeral for 30-year-old Gwinnett County Police officer Antwan Toney, who was gunned down in Snellville on Saturday, will be held on Wednesday at 12 Stone Church in Lawrenceville.
Gwinnett police said SWAT teams are serving a warrant on a location that they believe is associated with Tafahree Maynard, who has been accused of allegedly fatally shooting Officer Antwan Toney.
Following the death of Antwan Toney, five Gwinnett Police Department officers were killed in the line of duty.
Though a man is still on the loose, one person has been arrested and charged in connection with the Saturday afternoon shooting death of a Gwinnett County Police Department officer.
Isabel is a crime and health reporter for the Gwinnett Daily Post. She graduated from Emory University in 2016 with a B.A. in international studies. She is originally from the Boston area.
As featured on
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Enter by August 19th for a chance to win a road trip to Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Contest Rules: Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. • Void where prohibited and restricted by law. • One entry per household per day. • Employees of the Southern Community Newspapers, Inc., their depend…
- A test excavation for a potential mass grave from the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre will begin next week
- Police are looking for two White people who painted over a Black Lives Matter mural
- A statue of Frederick Douglass was toppled over the Fourth of July weekend, the anniversary of his famous speech
- Target pulls Washington Redskins merchandise from its online stores
- Pentagon drafting ban on displaying Confederate flag at bases
Find a local business
- Gwinnett surpasses 8,000 COVID-19 cases
- Dog tests positive for coronavirus in Georgia
- Freddie Freeman among four Atlanta Braves who test positive for coronavirus
- COVID-19 lawsuit protections draw praise, concerns in Georgia
- U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler offers glimpse of what could be coming in COVID-19 response
- Ed Henry fired from Fox News over sexual misconduct allegation
- Gwinnett police investigating possible murder-suicide in Grayson
- COVID-19 cases hit record highs in Georgia
- U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams calls face masks an 'instrument of freedom' during visit to Gwinnett County
- 27-year Marine veteran from Dacula gets 'Military Makeover' after tours in Iraq and Afghanistan
- ON THE MARKET: Former Atlanta Braves catcher Brian McCann is selling this 92-acre property in Greensboro. Take a look inside with these photos
- Gwinnett Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets of the Week -- June 29
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for July 5, 2020
- MUGS: 10 felony bookings in Gwinnett County Jail
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Top Gwinnett County stories from June 22-28
- ON THE MARKET: Lavish Buford estate with carriage home hits market for $1,050,000
- ON THE MARKET: 'Stunning pool' highlights this $1,099,800 Braselton home in Chateau Elan
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: June 23 — July 5
- PHOTOS: After 107 years, Confederate monument in Conyers is taken down
- Weekly Gwinnett County restaurant health inspections for June 28, 2020