Details for K.D. A.T. 19-01657-2

IN THE JUVENILE COURT OF GWINNETT COUNTY STATE OF GEORGIA In the Interest of: K.D. and A.T. Docket No: 19-01657 - 2 Minor Children 19-01658 - 2 Petitioner: The GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES, acting by and through the Gwinnett County Department of Family and Children's Services NOTICE OF SUMMONS TO: KIMBERLY DERREBERY, NATURAL MOTHER AND SHANE DERREBERRY, FATHER OF THE ABOVE NAMED CHILDREN AND ANY UNKNOWN, UNNAMED PUTATIVE, BIOLOGICAL AND/OR LEGAL FATHER(S) OF SAID CHILDREN. You are hereby notified that a TERMINATION OF PARENTAL RIGHTS PETITION regarding the above-named children has been filed in the court by the above-named Petitioner. NOTICE OF EFFECT OF TERMINATION JUDGMENT PURSUANT TO O.C.G.A. §15-11-284 GEORGIA STATE LAW Georgia law provides that you can permanently lose your rights as a parent. A petition to terminate parental rights has been filed requesting the court to terminate your parental rights to your children. A copy of this petition can be obtained at Gwinnett County Juvenile Court, 115 Stone Mountain Street, Lawrenceville, GA 30046. A court hearing of your case has been scheduled for the 15th day of October, 2019 at 9:00 am, at the Juvenile Court of Gwinnett County, located at 115 Stone Mountain Street, Lawrenceville, GA 30046. If you fail to appear, the court can terminate your rights in your absence. If the court at the trial finds that the facts set out in the petition to terminate parental rights are true and that termination of your rights will serve the best interests of your children, the court can enter a judgment ending your rights to your children. If the judgment terminates your parental rights, you will no longer have any rights to your children. This means that you will not have the right to visit, contact, or have custody of your children or make any decisions affecting your children or your children's earnings or property. Your children will be legally freed to be adopted by someone else. Even if your parental rights are terminated: (1) You will still be responsible for providing financial support (child support payments) for your children's care unless and until your children is/are adopted; and (2) Your children can still inherit from you unless and until your children is/are adopted. This is a very serious matter. You should contact an attorney immediately so that you can be prepared for the court hearing. You have the right to hire an attorney and to have him or her represent you. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, the court will appoint an attorney if the court finds that you are an indigent person. Whether or not you decide to hire an attorney, you have the right to attend the hearing of your case, to call witnesses on your behalf, and to question those witnesses brought against you. Pursuant to O.C.G.A. §15-11-283, you may lose all rights to the children named in the petition brought pursuant to this article and will not be entitled to object to the termination of his rights to such children unless, pursuant to O.C.G.A. §19-7-22 and within thirty (30) days of receipt of this notice, you file; (1) A petition to legitimate such children; and (2) Notice of the filing of the petition to legitimate with the court in which the termination of parental rights proceeding is pending. A court may enter an order terminating all parental rights of a biological father, including any right to object thereafter to such proceedings: (1) Who fails to file a timely petition to legitimate the children named in a petition brought pursuant to this article and notice in accordance with subsection (c) of this Code section; (2) Whose petition to legitimate is subsequently dismissed for failure to prosecute; or (3) Whose petition to legitimate does not result in a court order finding that he is the legal father of the children named in a petition brought pursuant to this article. If you have any questions concerning this notice, you may call the telephone number of the clerk's office which is (770) 619-6300. WITNESS the Presiding Judge of said Court for this court hearing. This the 2nd day of August, 2019. Sheila Williams, Clerk of Court Gwinnett County Juvenile Court