Lights, camera, questions - Test your film knowledge with Michael Clark
So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Michelle Jameson of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name three non-fictional characters the title characters crossed paths with in “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure.”
A: Napoleon, Socrates, Abraham Lincoln, Billy the Kid, Sigmund Freud, Genghis Khan, Joan of Arc, Beethoven
2. Name three of the four US states in which “Field of Dreams” is set.
A: Iowa, Massachusettes, Minnesota and New York
3. Name the last performer or director to be nominated for multiple Oscars in the same year.
A: Richard Linklater and Alejandro Gonzlez Irritu (2015)
4. The child of what famous TV news broadcaster has a speaking role in “Network”?
A: Walter Cronkite
5. The title character in “Forrest Gump” compares his relationship with Jenny to what two vegatables?
A: Peas and carrots
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. What Bee Gees song was featured in “Despicable Me”?
2. Who is the last person to win a Tony, an Oscar, a SAG and a Golden Globe for playing the same character?
3. What baseball record does the Crash (Kevin Costner) character break in “Bull Durham”?
4. What food does the the title character in “Cool Hand Luke” eat until he passes out?
5. Name two people to act along side of and later to be directed by Ron Howard.
The first person (located in the US) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.