May 31, 2012
Did someone ask for an easy recipe? OK, maybe no one did out loud, but we all want easy go-to meals during the week — and this one has only THREE ingredients. That's right — three. Well, plus buns. This is a great meal to make before you leave for work because it's ready when you get home and you can add any side you and your family would like.
- 2 to 3 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 can or bottle of root beer (12 ounces)
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce (18 ounces)
You probably have that stuff laying around the house, right?
1) Trim the extra fat from the pork loin. Throw it in your crock pot.
2) Cover the meat with root beer. Cook on low for 7 hours.
3) When the meat it cooked, drain the root beer, shred the meat and mix in barbecue sauce.
4) Put on a bun and dinner is served.
How do you make your pulled pork? Smoker, crock pot or you leave it to the professionals?