May 9, 2012
Need something simple to take during the week? Try this pizza. I make it with store bought pizza dough and add toppings. It take less than 30 minutes to make and everyone will be happy. Plus, you can add your favorite toppings, like sauteed onions, crispy bacon or fresh tomatoes — just like you would with a burger.
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef (shoot for 93/7)
- garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, ground basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- 1 tube (11 oz.) refrigerated thin crust pizza crust
- Marinara or pizza sauce (I use my spaghetti sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Let's bake! 1) Brown the meat over medium heat with two shakes each of the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle in a dash of the crushed red pepper flakes. Drain if any fat appears.
2) While browning the meat, heat the oven to 425 degree F. Grease a baking sheet (15x10x1) with cooking spray and unroll the pizza dough onto the sheet. When the oven is preheated, add the pan for 8 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
3) Take the dough out, shake on more onion powder and garlic powder. Sprinkle on basil and oregano. In a thin layer, add the marinara sauce. Top with beef (and additional toppings that you like) and spread the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
4) Bake for an additional 8 minutes or until the edges are brown and the cheese is melted. Take out of the oven, shake more oregano on top and let cool down.
5) Slice up the pie and serve with a side salad.
What do you put on your pizza?