December 7, 2011
I'm Meghan Kotowski, the resident features writer at the Gwinnett Daily Post. When I'm not out and about covering festivals, concerts and plays, I like to stay home and cook. And now that I have a fancy little food blog, you can join me in my journey through new recipes, perfecting techniques and sampling different cuisines.
Plus, I will give you step-by-step photos while cooking and food tips to help you in a pinch.
But first, here are some deep, dark secrets that you should know about me:
- When I say I love to cook, I mean I LOVE to cook. It always puts me in a great mood, especially if I'm making something that fills the house with roasted garlic and meat.
- If I'm having a bad day, I go to Whole Foods or a farmer's market to cheer myself up. There is something about bright, lush fruits and vegetables that makes me happy inside.
- I dream of attending culinary school.
- I watch the Food Network obsessively.
- There are many days that I bring leftovers for lunch ... and I make my co-workers smell it.
- There are three things that I don't like eating: radishes, horseradish and wasabi. It's just not my thing.
- I am not afraid to try anything once, no matter what it is.
- I adore eating Italian and Indian food, but haven't mastered the technique. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
- I read cookbooks like they're gossip magazines.
- My favorite part of cooking is watching the happiness spread over someone's face while eating my food.
Things may get messy and not everything will turn out perfect, but I promise it will be fun and tasty.
What are some things that you would like to see me cook?