- Flood Warning for Forsyth County, Georgia
- Flood Warning issued October 03 at 10:30PM EDT until October 04 at 9:52PM EDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 10:30 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 9:52 p.m.
...The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Georgia...
Etowah River near Dawsonville affecting Dawson and Forsyth
Broad River near Carlton affecting Elbert...Madison and Oglethorpe
.Recent heavy rainfall has caused significant runoff into streams and
rivers which will cause flooding in some areas.
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Etowah River near Dawsonville .
* From Sunday morning until Sunday evening.
* At 10 PM Saturday the stage was 8.7 feet...and
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by Sunday morning and continue
to rise to near 13.5 feet by early afternoon tomorrow.The river
will fall below flood stage by tomorrow evening.
* At 14 feet...Moderate flooding begins in northwest Forsyth
county. Old Federal Road begins to flood and Nicholson Road is
closed off to residents. Minor flooding continues in south Dawson
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 13.3 feet on Jan 6 2009.