Jump to content
Great idea. I was always curious to know how much of our tax money Charles Bannister wasted on his little junket to China before he was forced to resign for lying to a Grand Jury. Wouldn't it be wonderful to know how our money is really being spent?
Ridiculous! People will just create "anonymous" Facebook accounts to use when commenting.
Here are some priorities for the Planning Commissioners:
1) Ethics, accountability to the taxpayers and transparency. Make it a requirement that rezoning requests cannot be done under the shield of an "LLC" name. Require that every person who stands to gain financially from the rezoning, be listed on the application.
2) End the practice of "district courtesy". Commissioners should vote on the basis of their own opinion of a rezoning, not just because the commissioner for that district is in favor of it. That commissioner might be acting in his/her own best interest. How many commissioners voted along with Kevin Kenerly on rezonings that were based on bribes from people like David Jenkins? Commissioners need to do their jobs, do their own research and make their own decisions, not just blindly follow the herd.
3) Ease the adverse effects of too much development on our schools, traffic and infrastructure. Require traffic studies be done by developers and require that planning commissioners really look at the impacts to schools, roads and emergency services that are already severely overburdened. Require impact fees from developers whose projects add children to schools that are already over capacity and add more traffic to already over-loaded streets.
What an idiot!! So sorry to hear that jackasses like this are still running loose in the world. I hope this lady was not seriously hurt and that she trusts that most of us white people are horrified and saddened that this type of thing still happens.
Statistics from 1993 show that while blacks constitute 12 percent of the American population, they represented 58 percent of the persons arrested for murder, 41 percent arrested for rape, 62 percent arrested for robbery and 40 percent arrested for aggravated assault. Blacks are also disproportionately more likely to be victims of black criminals. In that same year, 94% of black murder victims were killed by another black person. (84% of white murder victims were killed by another white person.)
Males are more likely to commit murder or other violent crimes than females. In 1993, 91% of the people arrested for murder were males and the majority of those arrested were between the ages of 15 and 34. So, the facts show us that young, black males are not only committing a high percentage of violent crimes, they are also eight times more likely to die of a homicide than a white male, most of which, will die by the hands of a fellow black male. Where is the outrage from the black community about this inconvenient truth? Why is the black community not marching and protesting about this? The fact that they are not is hypcritical and shameful. Whites and/or the government cannot change the fact that 1 in 4 black babies is born to a teenage mother and that two thirds of all black children (male and female) are born outside of marriage and will never live under the same roof as their father. Black americans need to look to themselves to take stock of how they came to be in this situation. Taking away guns will not stop the violence. Locking up one hispanic man will not stop the violence. Pouring more money into the 50-year-long "War Against Poverty" will not stop the violence.
Restoring a respect for the sanctity of marriage, restoring a respect for men as integral and needed partners in raising children and establishing stable homes, restoring respect between black males in the black community and turning away from things that cheapen the value of black males and females like gangster rap, the "thug life" and the glorification of drugs, money and violence as symbols of male success would go a long way to stopping the young black male embrace of violence and death.
If you read the deposition that Paula Deen gave in this case, you would know that 1) Paula Deen does not work at or own the restaurant that is being sued, her brother owns it and manages it. Paula Deen does put money into that restaurant as a way to provide her brother with a way to make a living for himself. The allegations of discrimination and harrassment were due to her brother's behavior towards his employees, not Paula Deen's behavior. Granted, she was made aware of allegations towards her brother and she should have investigated it and she should not have tolerated him behaving that way. I think she was in denial about her brother's actions and she chose not to deal with it, and now she is paying the price for that.
2) In her deposition, she was asked questions about her brother's behavior and it was quite obvious that she was not wanting to say anything bad about him. The picture I get is that she was not happy about being deposed, she was trying not to give the other side any information that they could use against her brother in the lawsuit and that he depends on her for his living. For whatever reason, she was trying to protect him.
3) The questions asked of her in the deposition about her own behavior, she answered truthfully and now she is paying for it. I am not that much younger than Paula Deen and I grew up during integration in the south too. Small children were consistently and carefully taught by the their parents to hate blacks. I was lucky, my parents taught us the opposite, that God made all of us and we were all brothers and sisters, but most children in the south were not so lucky. That said, people grow up, they become better educated about the world and they can adjust their attitudes accordingly. I think Paula probably did change, but her brother didn't. It's too bad she is now paying the price of defending him.
These women should never be allowed to own any animals ever again. They should also never be allowed to regain custody of the 19-year-old. How hard is it to pick up droppings and flush them? How hard is it to throw a diaper or other garbage in the trash? And why, for heaven's sake, would you allow any animal to die a slow, painful death right in front of your eyes? This is laziness, cruelty and total disregard for the life of another human being. Both of these women should sentenced to some real jail time. It's obvious that this is a way of life for them and they did not learn from the first arrest.
Of course, the irony is that the increased congestion on I-85 WAS CREATED by the implementation of the HOT Lanes. Of course, the fact that public tax dollars paid for the construction of the HOT lane even though feedback from taxpayers was overwhelmingly against it as a horrible use of their money, is even more ironic.
Look for more projects like these to be shoved down our throats in the name of "public-private partnerships" so that we will not only be enriching the government coffers, but also the bank accounts of private companies.
Brian was a truly honorable and hard-working legislator. A good neighbor who listened to his constituents and actually tried to make his part of the county a better place. Glad to hear he is on to bigger and better things because he is a person who can truly make a difference. Thank you Brian. You will be missed.
His predecessor would have contacted a high-priced consulting firm to "study" the problem, create a project plan, draft an environmental impact study and then send it out for a bidding process. A crony would be picked as the project contractor, and by that time, there would now be 1,000 chickens to round up, creating a need for cost overrides. PETA would picket the jobsite calling for a "chicken sanctuary" to be created so that the hapless birds could live out their lives in government-funded luxury. The commissioner, apprised of the fact that all of the birds could not be rounded up within the budget allowed, would then run for governor based on a "chicken in every backyard" platform.
Last login: Friday, September 6, 2013