October 4, 2012
Staff Photo: John Bohn An apple rests on a teacher's desk in a one-room school house that dates back to 1875. The school house was formerly located in the Walnut Grove community in Lawrenceville and was donated by the Hamilton Davis family to Gwinnett Historical Society in 1986. The building is now a part of the Elisha Winn House. The Elisha Winn House celebrates a 200th anniversary this year. A fair will be held this weekend at the home's historical site in Dacula.
Stories this photo appears in:
Saturday kicks off the first day of the 34th annual Elisha Winn Fair at the Dacula property.