September 29, 2011
Staff Photo: Jason Braverman The parlor and sitting room at the Elisha Winn House is decorated to represent the Thomas family ownership period from about 1850-1880. The first court sessions and the first voting for Gwinnett County were held in this room in early 1819. The court hearings were eventually moved to the barn. The sofa was donated by Alice Winn Peeples Strickland, the great-great granddaughter of Elisha Winn.
Stories this photo appears in:
DACULA -- Built on a quiet site in 1812, the Elisha Winn House withstands the test of time on busy Dacula Road.. Historically significant to the founding of Gwinnett County, the house and property are preserved by the Gwinnett Historical Society and the funds raised by the annual Elisha Winn