A blaze raced through a crowded nightclub in southern Brazil early Sunday, setting off a stampede that killed at least 245 people attending a university party.
Secretary of State faces questions from Congress about deadly attack that killed four in Benghazi.
AIN AMENAS, Algeria -- The bloody three-day hostage standoff at a natural gas plant in the Sahara took a dramatic turn Friday as Algeria's state news service reported that nearly 100 of the 132 foreign workers kidnapped by Islamic militants had been freed.. That number of hostages at the
Pope Benedict XVI marked Christmas Eve with Mass in St. Peter's Basilica and a pressing question: Will people find room in their hectic, technology-driven lives for children, the poor and God?
The royal couple quickly issued a statement expressing their condolences over the death of Jacintha Saldanha, the 46-year-old mother of two duped by the Australian DJs.
More than 2,000 people are gathering at Pearl Harbor on Friday to mark the 71st anniversary of the Japanese attack that killed thousands of people and launched the United States into World War II.
Palace officials say Prince William and his wife are expecting their first child.
CAIRO (AP) -- Israel and the Hamas militant group reached a cease-fire agreement Wednesday to end eight days of the fiercest fighting in nearly four years, promising to halt attacks on each other and ease an Israeli blockade constricting the Gaza Strip.. The deal was brokered by the new
As the Afghan war began its 12th year on Sunday, fears loom that the country will again fracture along ethnic lines once international combat forces leave by the end of 2014.
Al-Qaida's branch in North Africa on Tuesday called for attacks on U.S. diplomats and an escalation of protests against an anti-Islam video that was produced in the United States and triggered a wave of demonstrations and riots in the Middle East and beyond.
CAIRO -- Al-Qaida's most active branch in the Middle East called for more attacks on U.S. embassies Saturday to "set the fires blazing," seeking to co-opt outrage over an anti-Muslim film even as the wave of protests that swept 20 countries this week eased.. Senior Muslim
CAIRO -- Angry protests over an anti-Islam film spread across the Muslim world Friday, with demonstrators scaling the walls of U.S. embassies in Tunisia and Sudan, torching part of a German embassy and clashing with police in violence that left at least four dead. Amid the turmoil, Islamic militants
The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi by protesters angry over a film that ridiculed Islam's Prophet Muhammad.
Coldplay, Rihanna and Jay-Z rocked the Olympic Stadium on Sunday night to give the biggest-ever Paralympic Games a rousing send-off, wrapping up an unforgettable summer of sports in Britain.
Authorities in Nigeria say they arrested a man at an international airport who was bringing in roasted chicken with unusual stuffing: $150,000 worth of cocaine.
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Auburn University cancels classes after threatening message
- Paul Walker's brothers to fill in for late actor in 'Fast & Furious 7'
- Boston marks anniversary of marathon bombing with somber ceremonies | Photos
- Florida woman survives bear mauling
- Google tells users emails are scanned for ads
- 'Pink Moon' turns 'blood moon' red tonight in full lunar eclipse
- Three killed in shootings at Jewish centers in Kansas
- Ten killed, many of them students, after truck slams bus in California
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe during Las Vegas speech (WITH VIDEO)
- Chattahoochee cleanup event sets record
- School superintendent candidates discuss testing, standards at GOP forum
- New flashing yellow signal coming to Hoschton
- Commissioners set Gwinnett SPLOST list
- Teachers get voice in state health plan process
- Open house to be held on proposed Lilburn-Norcross trail
- Residents can register to vote online
- Mall owner, others discuss Gwinnett Place's future
- New developments in three city of Snellville 'follies'
- Gwinnett property values on the rise five years after crash
- Georgia unemployment rate drops to 7 percent
- Ga. school evacuated after pranksters release pepper spray
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Hannity endorses Kingston in Senate race
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Longtime traffic reporter "Captain" Herb Emory dies
- Deal: State will explore medical marijuana
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Mickey Rooney, America's boy next door, dies at age 93
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Ethics case verdict could impact governor's race