CAIRO (AP) -- Israel and the Hamas militant group reached a cease-fire agreement Wednesday to end eight days of the fiercest fighting in nearly four years, promising to halt attacks on each other and ease an Israeli blockade constricting the Gaza Strip.. The deal was brokered by the new
As the Afghan war began its 12th year on Sunday, fears loom that the country will again fracture along ethnic lines once international combat forces leave by the end of 2014.
Al-Qaida's branch in North Africa on Tuesday called for attacks on U.S. diplomats and an escalation of protests against an anti-Islam video that was produced in the United States and triggered a wave of demonstrations and riots in the Middle East and beyond.
CAIRO -- Al-Qaida's most active branch in the Middle East called for more attacks on U.S. embassies Saturday to "set the fires blazing," seeking to co-opt outrage over an anti-Muslim film even as the wave of protests that swept 20 countries this week eased.. Senior Muslim
CAIRO -- Angry protests over an anti-Islam film spread across the Muslim world Friday, with demonstrators scaling the walls of U.S. embassies in Tunisia and Sudan, torching part of a German embassy and clashing with police in violence that left at least four dead. Amid the turmoil, Islamic militants
The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi by protesters angry over a film that ridiculed Islam's Prophet Muhammad.
Coldplay, Rihanna and Jay-Z rocked the Olympic Stadium on Sunday night to give the biggest-ever Paralympic Games a rousing send-off, wrapping up an unforgettable summer of sports in Britain.
Authorities in Nigeria say they arrested a man at an international airport who was bringing in roasted chicken with unusual stuffing: $150,000 worth of cocaine.
A press watchdog says it has received some 3,600 complaints over The Sun's decision to publish nude photos of Britain's Prince Harry.
Celebrity gossip website TMZ on Tuesday posted photos of the 27-year-old royal cavorting nude with an unidentified woman in a VIP suite in Las Vegas.
Playing Olympic host is a high-stakes bet for any country, but Brazil seems to have more riding on the games than most.
Like the Olympic torch passing from one runner to another, the London games' closing ceremony was an all-ages affair designed to show the flame of British creativity leaping from one age group to the next.
A new report says the world's appetite for beer hit a new high last year, with China leading the way.
In the age of social media, NBC now has millions of television critics who make their opinions known about every aspect of Olympics coverage instantly.
The queen and James Bond gave the London Olympics a royal entrance like no other Friday in an opening ceremony that rolled to the rock of the Beatles, the Stones and The Who.
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in mountain canyon
- VIDEO: Airline's Christmas surprise goes viral
- Ex-Napster COO struck by cop car, killed during bike ride
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to Mandela
- Gas prices edge higher in recent weeks
- Bitter cold, ice slam East Coast; South still freezing
- Cyber experts uncover 2 million stolen passwords to Web accounts
- Woman shoots, kills fellow Alabama fan after football loss to Auburn
- Delta bumps 50 passengers to accommodate Florida Gators team
- Amazon testing delivery with drones
- Public invited to comment on Gwinnett County budget
- Open meeting to be held about Partnership Gwinnett
- Gwinnett SPLOST road allocations begin
- Gwinnett's Kerry Armstrong to lead Atlanta regional board
- Improper testing procedures lead to Winder police chief's resignation
- Chuck Efstration wins Gwinnett House seat
- Winder councilman retains seat
- Keith Roche wins battle between neighbors in Lawrenceville
- 2013 Election Results: Runoffs
- Commissioner John Heard to seek second term
- Georgia National Guard to grand identity cards to same-sex spouses
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $297 million
- Thanksgiving holiday travel results in 15 traffic-related deaths
- 'Fast and Furious' production in Atlanta delayed after Paul Walker's death
- Tree from Georgia International Horse Park serves at Christmas tree at Governor's Mansion
- Congressmen hold field hearing on Obamacare in Gainesville
- Homeless man steals alligator from aquarium in Ga.
- Global lights come to Turner Field
- Snow Mountain ready for winter tubing
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday