VATICAN CITY -- Roman Catholic cardinals will enter a conclave to elect a successor to Pope Benedict on Tuesday, the Vatican said on Friday, with no clear favourite emerging so far to take charge of the troubled church.. Benedict's surprise abdication last month has brought most of the world's cardinals
CARACAS, March 7 (Reuters) - Venezuela's late leader, Hugo Chavez, will be embalmed and laid to rest at a military museum in the capital Caracas, acting President Nicolas Maduro said on Thursday.. Chavez's state funeral was scheduled for Friday, but Maduro said his body would remain lying in state for a
UNITED NATIONS -- In response to North Korea's third nuclear test, the U.N. Security Council voted on Thursday to tighten financial restrictions on Pyongyang and crack down on its attempts to ship and receive banned cargo in breach of U.N. sanctions.. The U.S.-drafted resolution, approved unanimously by the 15
By Simon Gardner and Andrew Cawthorne. Reuters. CARACAS -- Weeping and shouting, a sea of Hugo Chavez's supporters paraded his coffin through the streets of Caracas on Wednesday in an emotional outpouring that could help his deputy win an election and keep his self-styled socialist revolution alive.. Hundreds of
Venezuela President Hugo Chavez has died after a battle with cancer, the country's VP said in a televised speech.
SYDNEY -- An Australian mining services company has fired up to 15 workers who performed an underground version of the Harlem Shake and posted it online, in a second incident of the Internet dance craze sparking safety concerns.. The workers were part of an overnight crew working at the Agnew
STOCKHOLM -- IKEA stopped selling all minced meat products from its main supplier, two days after taking its trademark meatballs from from the same Swedish supplier off menus over concerns they contained horsemeat.. The world's No. 1 furniture retailer, known also for restaurants at its huge out-of-town stores
NEW ORLEANS -- BP Plc.'s investigation of its disastrous 2010 Gulf of Mexico blowout did not address the effect of cost overruns on the well, a BP executive said Thursday, in the final day of testimony this week in the massive civil trial over the spill.. Plaintiffs contend that
Swedish furniture giant IKEA said on Monday it has stopped selling meatballs from a specific batch which has tested positive for traces of horsemeat by Czech authorities.
Pope Benedict XVI bestowed his final Sunday blessing of his pontificate on a cheering crowd in St. Peter's Square, explaining that his waning years and energy made him better suited to the life of private prayer he soon will spend in a secluded monastery than as leader of the Roman Catholic Church.
LONDON/NEW YORK -- Britain suffered its first ever sovereign ratings downgrade from a major agencyFriday when Moody's stripped the country of its coveted top-notch AAA rating, dealing a major blow to finance minister George Osborne.. Moody's said weak prospects for British economic growth, which have thrown the government's
A meteor streaked through the sky and exploded Friday over Russia's Ural Mountains with the power of an atomic bomb, its sonic blasts shattering countless windows and injuring more than 750 people.
South African "Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius, a double amputee who became one of the biggest names in world athletics, was charged on Thursday with shooting dead his girlfriend at his home in Pretoria.
A blaze raced through a crowded nightclub in southern Brazil early Sunday, setting off a stampede that killed at least 245 people attending a university party.
Secretary of State faces questions from Congress about deadly attack that killed four in Benghazi.
- Auburn University cancels classes after threatening message
- Paul Walker's brothers to fill in for late actor in 'Fast & Furious 7'
- Boston marks anniversary of marathon bombing with somber ceremonies | Photos
- Florida woman survives bear mauling
- Google tells users emails are scanned for ads
- 'Pink Moon' turns 'blood moon' red tonight in full lunar eclipse
- Three killed in shootings at Jewish centers in Kansas
- Ten killed, many of them students, after truck slams bus in California
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe during Las Vegas speech (WITH VIDEO)
- Google to sell Glass to public next week
- Teachers get voice in state health plan process
- Open house to be held on proposed Lilburn-Norcross trail
- Residents can register to vote online
- Mall owner, others discuss Gwinnett Place's future
- New developments in three city of Snellville 'follies'
- Gwinnett property values on the rise five years after crash
- Dacula sets new credit card policy
- Lingerie business owner pleads guilty to bribery attempts
- Gwinnett’s Lillian Webb talks about political life at Chamber event
- Donations to help provide meals, transportation to Gwinnett seniors
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Longtime traffic reporter "Captain" Herb Emory dies
- Deal: State will explore medical marijuana
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Mickey Rooney, America's boy next door, dies at age 93
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Ethics case verdict could impact governor's race
- Paula Deen's popular Savannah restaurant shuts its doors
- Atlanta Archbishop apologizes for lavish living, may sell mansion
- State School Superintendent: Republican candidates