Coldplay, Rihanna and Jay-Z rocked the Olympic Stadium on Sunday night to give the biggest-ever Paralympic Games a rousing send-off, wrapping up an unforgettable summer of sports in Britain.
Authorities in Nigeria say they arrested a man at an international airport who was bringing in roasted chicken with unusual stuffing: $150,000 worth of cocaine.
A press watchdog says it has received some 3,600 complaints over The Sun's decision to publish nude photos of Britain's Prince Harry.
Celebrity gossip website TMZ on Tuesday posted photos of the 27-year-old royal cavorting nude with an unidentified woman in a VIP suite in Las Vegas.
Playing Olympic host is a high-stakes bet for any country, but Brazil seems to have more riding on the games than most.
Like the Olympic torch passing from one runner to another, the London games' closing ceremony was an all-ages affair designed to show the flame of British creativity leaping from one age group to the next.
A new report says the world's appetite for beer hit a new high last year, with China leading the way.
In the age of social media, NBC now has millions of television critics who make their opinions known about every aspect of Olympics coverage instantly.
The queen and James Bond gave the London Olympics a royal entrance like no other Friday in an opening ceremony that rolled to the rock of the Beatles, the Stones and The Who.
MOSCOW -- Russia's foreign minister said Friday that Moscow isn't discussing Syria's future without President Bashar Assad as Washington has claimed, in the latest volley in a contentious back-and-forth on how to end the bloody conflict.. Sergey Lavrov denied Thursday's statement by U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland
Canada court says suicide laws unconstitutional. VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- A British Columbia Supreme Court has ruled that Canadian laws banning doctor-assisted suicide are unconstitutional.. B.C. Supreme Court Justice Lynn Smith declared the laws invalid, but also suspended her ruling for one year to give Canada's federal Parliament time
JIUQUAN, China -- China will send its first woman and two other astronauts into space Saturday to work on a temporary space station for about a week, in a key step toward becoming only the third nation to set up a permanent base in orbit.. Liu Yang, a 34-year
LONDON -- A Channel Islands auction house says it's selling a vial that allegedly contains blood residue from Ronald Reagan -- a move denounced Tuesday by the late U.S. president's family and his foundation.. The vial being auctioned online was used by the laboratory that tested Reagan's blood when he
DUBLIN (AP) -- A Delta Air Lines flight bound for the United States made an emergency landing Monday in Dublin because a passenger left a cell phone plugged into a socket in one of the aircraft's restrooms, police and aviation authorities said.. Dublin Airport officials later cleared the Boeing 767-300
It may lack wizards and witches, but J.K. Rowling and her publisher are hoping her first novel for adults, "The Casual Vacancy," will have the magic touch.
- Monster tornado devastates Oklahoma
- IRS chief declines to ID employees 1 comment
- The supervised after-prom party: Now with cars, iPads 1 comment
- CBO: Obama budget cuts deficit $1.1T over decade
- Canadian astronaut wrestles with gravity after spaceflight
- Tornadoes tear through Texas towns, killing six
- US tax chief ousted in scandal 2 comments
- Barbara Walters announces retirement 5 comments
- Seth Meyers to be new 'Late Night' host succeeding Fallon 1 comment
- Salaries of public college presidents rise, median tops $400K 5 comments
- Officials expect delays due to work on I-985
- High court rules in favor of bank in Suwanee foreclosure case
- Out to Lunch ... with Colin Rhoden
- Officials promote new alcohol consumption law in effect 2 comments
- Peachtree Corners buys land to avoid apartments
- Commission to consider code of conduct after scandals 7 comments
- Diverging-diamond conversion scheduled for early June 2 comments
- Library board OKs summer reading money, talks '14 budget 2 comments
- Strategic planning sessions begin for commissioners 7 comments
- Gwinnett fire chief Myers to retire 19 comments
- As thunder rumbles, Obama gives keynote address in Atlanta 5 comments
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Court battle looms over Bibles in Georgia state park cabins 6 comments
- Little Richard's boyhood home in Ga. spared from demolition 1 comment
- Missouri man killed crossing I-75 in Clayton
- Ga. number two for identity theft 2 comments
- Newnan man found guilty of killing infant son
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Two dead in apparent racing incident near Conyers
- Bama coach Saban putting $10.95M Ga. home up for auction