French parliament approved a law allowing same-sex couples to marry and to adopt children on Tuesday.
SEOUL -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry warned North Korea on Friday that it would be a "huge mistake" to test launch a medium-range missile and said the United States would never accept the reclusive country as a nuclear power.. Addressing reporters after talks with South Korea's president
Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has died from a stroke at age 87.
TORONTO -- Canada got a taste of international panda diplomacy on Monday with the arrival of two "Very Important Pandas" at the start of a 10-year loan to two Canadian zoos.. Speaking as the two giant pandas arrived in Toronto from China, Chinese Ambassador Zhang Junsai --
By Matt Spetalnick and Suleiman Al-KhalidiReutersAMMAN, Jordan -- U.S. President Barack Obama and Jordan's King Abdullah presented a united front against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Friday as Jordan grapples with a refugee crisis caused by Syria's civil war.. Obama, in Jordan following a visit to Israel and
A dozen car bombs and suicide blasts tore into Shi'ite districts in Baghdad and south of the Iraqi capital on Tuesday, killing more than 50 people on the 10th anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion that ousted Saddam Hussein.
VATICAN CITY -- Pope Francis celebrates his inaugural Mass on Tuesday among political and religious leaders from around the world and amid a wave of hope for a renewal of the scandal-plagued Roman Catholic Church.. Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to cram St. Peter's Square and and
OSLO, Norway -- Hunters have slaughtered 3,500 reindeer on a British island near Antarctica in a step to get rid of animals that were brought from Norway a century ago and are an increasing threat to native wildlife.. The reindeer on South Georgia were corralled into pens and slaughtered by
SEATTLE -- Doctors opened a medical review Sunday on a U.S. soldier charged with killing 16 civilians, most of them women and children, near his Army post in Afghanistan in an effort to determine his state of mind at the time of the killings and ability to stand trial.. The
Dow Jones & Co. said it found no sign of impropriety at its China operations, after the Wall Street Journal reported that a whistleblower had accused Journal employees of bribing Chinese officials for information.. The U.S. Department of Justice had asked Dow Jones to investigate the matter, as part of a
ALMATY -- A Russian Soyuz capsule made a "bull's eye" landing in the steppes of Kazakhstan on Saturday, delivering a Russian-American trio from the International Space Station, a day after its originally scheduled touchdown was delayed by foul weather.. NASA's Kevin Ford and Russian cosmonauts Oleg Novitskiy and Evgeny
Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina was elected in a surprise choice to be the new leader of the troubled Roman Catholic Church on Wednesday, and said he would take the name Francis I.
VATICAN CITY -- Thick black smoke billowed into the night sky from the Sistine Chapel's chimney on Tuesday, signalling an inconclusive first vote in the conclave to elect a new pope at a time of strife and scandal for the Roman Catholic Church.. Thousands of faithful huddled in St. Peter's
KABUL -- It was a harrowing international debut for Chuck Hagel, whose first trip to Afghanistan as U.S. defense secretary went dramatically off-script and challenged the American narrative about the 11-year-old war.. His first full day in Afghanistan began with the sound of suicide bomb attack about
VATICAN CITY -- Roman Catholic Cardinals prayed on Sunday for spiritual guidance ahead of a closed-door conclave to choose a new pope to lead the Church at one of the most difficult periods in its history.. Cardinals will hold a final pre-conclave meeting on Monday to discuss the
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Auburn University cancels classes after threatening message
- Paul Walker's brothers to fill in for late actor in 'Fast & Furious 7'
- Boston marks anniversary of marathon bombing with somber ceremonies | Photos
- Florida woman survives bear mauling
- Google tells users emails are scanned for ads
- 'Pink Moon' turns 'blood moon' red tonight in full lunar eclipse
- Three killed in shootings at Jewish centers in Kansas
- Ten killed, many of them students, after truck slams bus in California
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe during Las Vegas speech (WITH VIDEO)
- Chattahoochee cleanup event sets record
- School superintendent candidates discuss testing, standards at GOP forum
- New flashing yellow signal coming to Hoschton
- Commissioners set Gwinnett SPLOST list
- Teachers get voice in state health plan process
- Open house to be held on proposed Lilburn-Norcross trail
- Residents can register to vote online
- Mall owner, others discuss Gwinnett Place's future
- New developments in three city of Snellville 'follies'
- Gwinnett property values on the rise five years after crash
- Georgia unemployment rate drops to 7 percent
- Ga. school evacuated after pranksters release pepper spray
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Hannity endorses Kingston in Senate race
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Longtime traffic reporter "Captain" Herb Emory dies
- Deal: State will explore medical marijuana
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Mickey Rooney, America's boy next door, dies at age 93
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Ethics case verdict could impact governor's race