Nelson Mandela guided South Africa from the shackles of apartheid to multi-racial democracy, as an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world.
Rescue workers struggled to reach ravaged towns and villages in the central Philippines on Monday as they tried to deliver aid to survivors of a powerful typhoon that killed an estimated 10,000 people and displaced more than 600,000.
Fleetwood Mac bass guitarist John McVie has been diagnosed with cancer and the rock group has canceled the Australian and New Zealand leg of its world tour so that he can undergo treatment.
A roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan killed 18 people, including at least five women, who were travelling to a wedding party by minibus.
A jubilant Pope Francis celebrated reaching 10 million followers on messaging site Twitter on Sunday, a milestone in the Vatican's drive to spread the gospel through social media.
Hassan Rouhani took office as Iran’s president on Saturday promising “constructive interaction with the world” after eight years under Mahmoud Ahmadinejad marked by diplomatic confrontation and damaging sanctions.
A corner of west London will see culinary and scientific history made on Monday when scientists cook and serve up the world’s first lab-grown beef burger.
Toyota Motor Corp. raised its operating profit forecast for the financial year ending March 2014 on Friday as the weaker yen makes exports more profitable and on the back of strong sales in its biggest market, the United States.
Prince William and Kate have named their new-born baby boy George Alexander Louis, William's office said on Wednesday.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate kept the world guessing about the name of their first child as they left hospital to start family life with the future king.
Prince William and his wife Kate left hospital on Tuesday and gave the world its first glimpse of their baby boy, who becomes third in line to the British throne.
The world could get its the first glimpse of Britain's new prince on Tuesday, with Prince William and his wife, Kate, expected to leave a London hospital with their baby son.
Prince William's wife Kate gave birth on Monday to a boy, who becomes third in line to the British throne, ending weeks of feverish speculation about the royal baby.
Prince William's wife Kate was in labor at a London hospital on Monday after weeks of feverish anticipation over the birth of their first child, who will be third in line to the British throne.
Steam is rising from a destroyed building that houses a reactor at Japan's crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, the operator of the plant, Tokyo Electric Power Co., said on Thursday.
- Cyber experts uncover 2 million stolen passwords to Web accounts
- Woman shoots, kills fellow Alabama fan after football loss to Auburn
- Delta bumps 50 passengers to accommodate Florida Gators team
- Amazon testing delivery with drones
- 'Cyber Monday' sales set to hit record
- Holiday weekend sales dip on discounts; e-commerce jumps
- New York train derails; 4 dead, 63 injured
- 'Fast and Furious' actor Paul Walker dies in car crash
- Massachusetts mall Santa charged with groping coworker
- New York deli shop owner, son charged in theft of $1M lottery ticket
- Gwinnett SPLOST road allocations begin
- Gwinnett's Kerry Armstrong to lead Atlanta regional board
- Improper testing procedures lead to Winder police chief's resignation
- Chuck Efstration wins Gwinnett House seat
- Winder councilman retains seat
- Keith Roche wins battle between neighbors in Lawrenceville
- 2013 Election Results: Runoffs
- Commissioner John Heard to seek second term
- City of Buford employees get 3 percent raise
- VIDEO: 'Behind the Scenes' ... at the Recycling Bank of Gwinnett
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $297 million
- Thanksgiving holiday travel results in 15 traffic-related deaths
- 'Fast and Furious' production in Atlanta delayed after Paul Walker's death
- Tree from Georgia International Horse Park serves at Christmas tree at Governor's Mansion
- Congressmen hold field hearing on Obamacare in Gainesville
- Homeless man steals alligator from aquarium in Ga.
- Global lights come to Turner Field
- Snow Mountain ready for winter tubing
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Braves release images of development around Cobb County stadium