BTC China, one of the country's leading digital currency exchanges, has installed China's first bitcoin ATM and launched an online app allowing individuals to buy and sell bitcoins using mobile phones, skirting local banking regulations seen as increasingly hostile to so-called crypto-currencies.
Almost 300 people were missing after a ferry capsized off South Korea on Wednesday, despite frantic rescue efforts involving coastguard vessels, fishing boats and helicopters, in what could be the country's biggest maritime disaster in over 20 years.
Aircraft and ships ploughed through dire weather on Thursday in search of objects floating in remote seas off Australia that Malaysia's government called a "credible lead" in the trans-continental hunt for a jetliner missing for nearly two weeks.
Russia's Winter Olympics got underway on Friday with a grandiose opening ceremony watched by President Vladimir Putin, who will be keen to calm fears of militant attacks and move on from a row over gay rights that has marred the buildup to the Games.
Mikhail Kalashnikov, the Russian designer of the AK-47 assault rifle which has killed more people than any other firearm in the world, died on Monday aged 94, officials said.
President Barack Obama shook hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at a memorial for Nelson Mandela on Tuesday, a rare gesture between the leaders of the ideologically opposed nations that reflected the anti-apartheid hero's spirit of reconciliation.
Nelson Mandela guided South Africa from the shackles of apartheid to multi-racial democracy, as an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world.
Rescue workers struggled to reach ravaged towns and villages in the central Philippines on Monday as they tried to deliver aid to survivors of a powerful typhoon that killed an estimated 10,000 people and displaced more than 600,000.
Fleetwood Mac bass guitarist John McVie has been diagnosed with cancer and the rock group has canceled the Australian and New Zealand leg of its world tour so that he can undergo treatment.
A roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan killed 18 people, including at least five women, who were travelling to a wedding party by minibus.
A jubilant Pope Francis celebrated reaching 10 million followers on messaging site Twitter on Sunday, a milestone in the Vatican's drive to spread the gospel through social media.
Hassan Rouhani took office as Iran’s president on Saturday promising “constructive interaction with the world” after eight years under Mahmoud Ahmadinejad marked by diplomatic confrontation and damaging sanctions.
A corner of west London will see culinary and scientific history made on Monday when scientists cook and serve up the world’s first lab-grown beef burger.
Toyota Motor Corp. raised its operating profit forecast for the financial year ending March 2014 on Friday as the weaker yen makes exports more profitable and on the back of strong sales in its biggest market, the United States.
Prince William and Kate have named their new-born baby boy George Alexander Louis, William's office said on Wednesday.
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Auburn University cancels classes after threatening message
- Paul Walker's brothers to fill in for late actor in 'Fast & Furious 7'
- Boston marks anniversary of marathon bombing with somber ceremonies | Photos
- Florida woman survives bear mauling
- Google tells users emails are scanned for ads
- 'Pink Moon' turns 'blood moon' red tonight in full lunar eclipse
- Three killed in shootings at Jewish centers in Kansas
- Ten killed, many of them students, after truck slams bus in California
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe during Las Vegas speech (WITH VIDEO)
- Chattahoochee cleanup event sets record
- School superintendent candidates discuss testing, standards at GOP forum
- New flashing yellow signal coming to Hoschton
- Commissioners set Gwinnett SPLOST list
- Teachers get voice in state health plan process
- Open house to be held on proposed Lilburn-Norcross trail
- Residents can register to vote online
- Mall owner, others discuss Gwinnett Place's future
- New developments in three city of Snellville 'follies'
- Gwinnett property values on the rise five years after crash
- Georgia unemployment rate drops to 7 percent
- Ga. school evacuated after pranksters release pepper spray
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Hannity endorses Kingston in Senate race
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Longtime traffic reporter "Captain" Herb Emory dies
- Deal: State will explore medical marijuana
- American flag catches fire during Atlanta Braves' opening day ceremony
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Mickey Rooney, America's boy next door, dies at age 93
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Ethics case verdict could impact governor's race