Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal held a press conference Wednesday to update conditions and respond to critics over snow response.
Gov. Nathan Deal says he will work on a way to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Capitol Hill, while announcing an expansion to justice reforms to give rehabilitated people a chance at jobs.
Duluth Sen. David Shafer will play a key role in the upcoming session of the General Assembly, as president pro tempore of the Senate.
Rep. Rob Woodall presides over proceedings
About 200 people turned out Monday for a Gainesville field hearing of the House Committee on Government Reform and Oversight, conducted by U.S. Rep.. The hearing was the second of four planned across the country to hear from constituents about the impacts of the Affordable Care Act.
Balfour, once the chairman fo the powerful Rules Committee, was indicted this week by a Fulton County grand jury with 16 counts of making a false certificate, one count of theft by taking and one count of false statement and writing.
Qualifying has closed for the special election for State House Districts 100 and 104.
Office of Gov. Nathan Deal announced Monday that $88.5-million bump in collections marked a 6.7 percent increase compared to July 2012
Gwinnett congressman, who is a doctor, introduces his own plan for health care reform, which is a fraction the length of the so-called Obamacare plan.
Michelle Nunn, the daughter of former U.S. Sen. Sam Nunn, announces she will be a Democratic candidate in the race to replace retiring U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss in 2014.
Former Rep. Bob Barr announced Friday that he will seek the Republican nomination for the 11th Congressional District seat held by U.S. Rep. Phil Gingrey.
Congressman Phil Gingrey enters the GOP race to replace U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss.
U.S. Rep. Tom Graves, R-Ranger, announced this morning he will not seek the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Moultrie, when Chambliss' term expires in 2014.
SAVANNAH — Traveling across Georgia to tout his candidacy for the U.S. Senate, Republican Rep. Paul Broun said Friday that he sees $100 billion in automatic budget cuts as Washington's only realistic option for trimming spending.
Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss will not run for a third term next year, avoiding a likely fight with the tea party for the Republican nomination, a congressional aide said Friday.
Get to know the state legislators that represent you in Gwinnett County.
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Senate candidate to attend Gwinnett GOP open house
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Georgia GOP ramps up online campaign
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Woodall: Lawsuit defends Congress' 'rightful authority'
- Hice tops Collins for spot on November ballot
- P.K. Martin wins runoff over Beaudreau
- Advance voting turnout just over 1 percent
- Hice, Collins tout conservative credentials ahead of runoff
- Gwinnett a key battleground in Kingston-Perdue Senate runoff
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Former police chief to discuss Islam at Tea Party meeting
- Leadership style, conservative records at issue in state senate race
- Judge throws out Chamber open records lawsuit
- Duluth City Council discusses Scott Hudgens Park access
- Property tax bills in the mail
- As it celebrates 75 years, Sugar Hill looks forward | PHOTOS
- Chamber launching business-centric radio show
- Three years later, HomeSafe Georgia continues to help | VIDEO
- Commissioners approve $147K for environmental services
- County leaders discuss redevelopment, plans for future
- State asks for dismissal of gay marriage suit led by Snellville couple
- Mayor: Developing city center top priority for Peachtree Corners
- Parents sue Georgia school after teen found dead in gym mat
- Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar for $8.5 billion
- Georgia man killed in Florida beach plane crash on wedding anniversary
- Perdue tops Kingston, to face Michelle Nunn for U.S. Senate seat
- Ga. man dies after collapsing during argument with teen
- GCPS matches, exceeds state averages in EOCT results
- Gas prices fall as U.S. declared world’s largest oil producer
- Police seek life insurance records in Georgia toddler's death in hot car
- Georgia man charged with murder of son in hot car to remain jailed
- Gregg Allman film director, two others indicted after on-set crash