Rockdale County Public Schools was one of 25 school districts in the state honored for increasing the amount of local food served to students.
Late last month, an asteroid the size of a city block passed within 600,000 miles of Earth. When you couple that with the bus-sized asteroid that exploded over Russia last month, it makes one wonder if the planet is suddenly under attack from near-Earth objects whizzing around our small blue speck in the cosmos.
University expected to name East Campus Village building after former Ga. governor who died in 2004.
Conyers' Pine Street Elementary welcomed Gov. Nathan Deal and his wife Monday to kick off Read Across Georgia month.
For the first time in decades, the United States is making steady gains in the number of high school students earning diplomas, putting it on pace to reach a 90 percent graduation rate by 2020, according to a new analysis released Monday.
A scholarship program designed to help children escape failing public schools and afford private education may be abused to aid children of scholarship donors, according to a complaint to be filed with tax officials obtained by The Associated Press.
At Miami International Airport, two large signs warn drivers of large vehicles not to pass beneath the 8-foot-6 inch concrete overpass. Authorities say two passengers are dead and others have been critically injured after a too-tall charter bus smashed into the overpass, crumpling metal.
Several tea party activists have come out in support of the plan that would allow the state to impanel a new commission authorized to create and regulate independent charter schools.
A report shows that the SAT college-entrance exam scores of Georgia high school seniors jumped seven points, even as the national average score dropped two points.
An audit has found that a $25 million shortfall at Georgia Perimeter College was caused by chronic overspending and an inattention to finances by administrators of the suburban Atlanta school.
Private school teachers, contract bus drivers, cafeteria cooks and other privately employed school workers in Georgia have been cut off from collecting unemployment checks during summer breaks.
Georgia is among the worst states in the country for staffing nurses in schools, but state education leaders are hoping a new law passed this year will improve that standing.
For the fourth year in a row, Georgia students are performing better on state standardized tests.
A historical marker in Barrow County at the site of one of Georgia's first public consolidated schools for black students is set to be dedicated.
More than 550 women graduating from Spelman College this weekend heard from media icon Oprah Winfrey.
- School lunch menus for the week of Jan. 26
- GOOD NEWS FROM SCHOOLS: Peachtree Ridge alum leading Emory team in $1 million competition
- GGC police seeking man who exposed himself to two female students
- Gwinnett County Schools to reward teacher attendance, changes substitute policy
- Gwinnett Tech faculty member honored for life sciences contributions
- Ga.-PCOM to go tobacco-free Feb. 1
- Central Gwinnett's Maryanne Grimes a finalist for Principal of the Year
- School Board hears more complaints about Common Core, College Board
- Gwinnett County Schools announces name for new high school
- Gwinnett County Schools announces new principal for Osborne Middle
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment