The state Board of Regents has approved a proposal to raise tuition and fees for students at Georgia's public colleges and universities.
ATLANTA (AP) — State lawmakers spent the legislative session focusing on a fraction of the students in Georgia — those at a handful of charter schools created by a now-defunct commission.
ATLANTA (AP) — The Justice Department is investigating claims of discrimination against students with disabilities in Georgia public school systems after a nonprofit group filed a complaint targeting the state's complex education funding formula, the group said Thursday.
Lawmakers have passed a bill that would revoke bonuses for Georgia teachers who cheat on standardized tests.
A Georgia legislative committee on Monday voted to approve a bill that would bar illegal immigrants from state colleges, universities and technical schools.
Georgia voters will get a chance in November to decide whether to change the state Constitution to allow the state to create charter schools.
The Georgia House has passed a constitutional amendment that would allow the state to create charter schools.
ATLANTA -- House Republicans on Wednesday scrambled to win enough votes to pass a constitutional amendment that would allow them to create charter schools.
President Barack Obama on Thursday will free 10 states from the strict and sweeping requirements of the No Child Left Behind law.
House lawmakers rejected Wednesday a proposed amendment to the state constitution giving the General Assembly the power to create new charter schools.
Atlanta Public Schools has agreed to repay more than $363,000 in federal money the district won by teachers and administrators who cheated on tests, state officials said Friday.
Conrad Fink, who taught generations of young journalists at the University of Georgia after a career as a foreign correspondent and executive for The Associated Press, died Saturday in Athens, Ga., at age 80.
Georgia ranks 7th in the nation for overall education quality, according to an Education Week report released Thursday.
Plan was approved on Tuesday.
Georgia is among a handful of states leading the nation in adding charter schools.
- Construction continues on $30 million GGC health and science building
- GOOD NEWS FROM SCHOOLS: Culinary Arts teacher at Maxwell High honored by state
- School superintendent candidates discuss testing, standards at GOP forum
- BOE approves Investing in Educational Excellence extension
- Gwinnett School Board members discuss positive influence of Common Core
- Interim president named at Gwinnett Tech
- Former Gwinnett principal resigns again from North Atlanta High
- At Georgia Gwinnett College, Rob Woodall discusses recent legislation
- Two Brookwood High students accused of cheating scheme
- Gwinnett BOE approves tentative $1.86B fiscal 2015 budget
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment