Georgia ranks 7th in the nation for overall education quality, according to an Education Week report released Thursday.
Plan was approved on Tuesday.
Georgia is among a handful of states leading the nation in adding charter schools.
Six Flags Over Georgia is partnering with Discovery Education to offer free admission to K-6 students who participate in Read to Succeed, an online program that aims to encourage kids to read outside the classroom.
The University of Georgia has received a $1.23 million grant to help grow its program for teachers wanting to go into early education.
A former Fulton County middle school assistant principal who was convicted of shooting his estranged wife six times has died while serving his prison sentence.
Georgia is being hailed as a national leader in collecting long-term student achievement data and making them accessible to schools and parents.
The DeKalb County school district is keeping its accreditation.
Two Georgia college students have won prestigious Marshall Scholarships, which will pay for their graduate education at a British university.
A Stanford University senior from Atlanta is among 32 American students named Rhodes Scholars for 2012.
High schools have displayed advertisements on football fields for years, but one metro Atlanta school district hopes to slap the logos of major national companies on cafeteria trays, auditorium seat backs and salad bar sneeze guards to bring in money for cash-strapped schools.
Teachers and principals are worrying more about their own report cards these days, and they're being graded on more than test scores.
Georgia is asking for a massive overhaul of how it measures student achievement under the federal No Child Left Behind law, according to documents released Monday.
The University of Georgia's College of Education is launching a new online master's degree in reading education.
University of Georgia president Michael Adams has named J. Griffin Doyle, the university's director of federal relations, as vice president for government relations.
- Phoenix High graduation packs arts center 1 comment
- Several Gwinnett students get military appointments 4 comments
- School lunch menus for week of May 20
- GAB: Kroger donates to local schools
- GOOD NEWS FROM SCHOOLS: National Merit Scholars announced
- Local students share struggles, victories 1 comment
- Valedictorians and salutatorians of area schools; grad schedules 2 comments
- Graduations begin for largest GCPS class ever
- More than 270 graduate from GGC
- School board plans millage rate hike 21 comments
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment