Lawmakers have passed a bill that would revoke bonuses for Georgia teachers who cheat on standardized tests.
A Georgia legislative committee on Monday voted to approve a bill that would bar illegal immigrants from state colleges, universities and technical schools.
Georgia voters will get a chance in November to decide whether to change the state Constitution to allow the state to create charter schools.
The Georgia House has passed a constitutional amendment that would allow the state to create charter schools.
ATLANTA -- House Republicans on Wednesday scrambled to win enough votes to pass a constitutional amendment that would allow them to create charter schools.
President Barack Obama on Thursday will free 10 states from the strict and sweeping requirements of the No Child Left Behind law.
House lawmakers rejected Wednesday a proposed amendment to the state constitution giving the General Assembly the power to create new charter schools.
Atlanta Public Schools has agreed to repay more than $363,000 in federal money the district won by teachers and administrators who cheated on tests, state officials said Friday.
Conrad Fink, who taught generations of young journalists at the University of Georgia after a career as a foreign correspondent and executive for The Associated Press, died Saturday in Athens, Ga., at age 80.
Georgia ranks 7th in the nation for overall education quality, according to an Education Week report released Thursday.
Plan was approved on Tuesday.
Georgia is among a handful of states leading the nation in adding charter schools.
Six Flags Over Georgia is partnering with Discovery Education to offer free admission to K-6 students who participate in Read to Succeed, an online program that aims to encourage kids to read outside the classroom.
The University of Georgia has received a $1.23 million grant to help grow its program for teachers wanting to go into early education.
A former Fulton County middle school assistant principal who was convicted of shooting his estranged wife six times has died while serving his prison sentence.
- Gwinnett writing test scores outpace state average
- Norcross' Ivy Prep expands blended education model to DeKalb
- Mason Elementary's Zorn named National Counselor of the Year
- School lunch menus for the week of Dec. 2
- Construction continues at Gwinnett's most expensive high school
- GOOD NEWS FROM SCHOOLS: Captain Planet, SCANA Energy donate learning gardens to GCPS
- Legislators offer incentives to boost EpiPens in schools
- Test-takers rush to finish GED before switch
- GCPS recommends teacher involved in fight to be fired
- CLINE: Making an impact at Moore Middle
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment