Oil giant BP has agreed to pay the largest criminal penalty in U.S. history, totaling billions of dollars, for the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, a person familiar with the deal said Thursday.
The Home Depot Inc. is feeling more optimistic about the recovery of the housing market after customers spent more on sprucing up their homes in the second quarter.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Coca-Cola Co. has terminated its relationship with a conservative group seen by some as an incubator for a string of new state voter ID laws and a marketer of laws like Florida's "Stand Your Ground" self-defense statute.
ATLANTA (AP) — Haverty Furniture Cos. said Thursday that improving customer confidence and newly refurbished stores helped boost its first-quarter sales by 5.7 percent at stores open at least a year.
COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) — Carmike Cinemas Inc. said Thursday that it expects its first-quarter revenue from ticket sales rose more than 30 percent on a healthy rise in attendance.
Crude oil almost $110 a barrel
Rising gas prices threaten the worldwide economic recovery, but that prices are expected to keep rising into spring and summer. Ongoing strains with Iran keep heightening fears of another war in the Middle East, driving oil prices to almost $110 a barrel, and increasing gas prices in the U.S.
State Labor Commissioner Mark Butler announced today that Georgia’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate declined for the third straight month in December.
Southwest Airlines continues to evolve as it prepares for flight services at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
MARIETTA -- The final F-22 Raptor fighter jet is scheduled to roll off the assembly line at a Lockheed Martin plant in Marietta on Tuesday.. Reports say that the jet will be the last of 187 F-22s produced for the U.S. Air Force, completing its operational fleet.. The
MARIETTA -- Cobb County sheriff's officials say a Lithia Springs man is accused of posing as an attorney and even appearing in court on behalf of clients even though they say he doesn't have a license to practice law.. Authorities say that 51-year-old Glover Carl Lewis was arrested
An energy developer will drop its plans to build a coal-fired power plant in Georgia as part of an agreement ending a lawsuit that environmentalists filed targeting one of the company's power plants in Texas, officials said Monday.
The Coca-Cola Co. has made its secret formula the centerpiece of a new exhibit at its corporate museum, ditching the confines of the bank vault where the list of ingredients had been stored since 1925.
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. said on Wednesday that it has closed a five-year, $800 million credit agreement to replace a smaller credit pact that had been scheduled to mature next November.
Company officials say a new $15 million plant is expected to bring 80 to 100 jobs to south Augusta.
The state of Vermont threw its support Monday behind a folk artist whose T-shirt business is being threatened by the nation's second largest chicken restaurant chain because of his use of the phrase "eat more kale."
- AAA gas price projection remains below $3 entering peak summer driving season
- Weekly restaurant health inspections for July 6
- Duluth store eyeing explosive sales as fireworks become legal in Georgia | PHOTOS
- Gas prices falling entering busy holiday weekend
- Weekly restaurant health inspections for June 29
- High-end sportscar maker moving operations from Lawrenceville
- Margaritas Fresh Mex holding ceremonial opening in Auburn
- AAA: Gas prices are stabilizing as summer officially begins
- Chamber, technology group sign Gwinnett promotion agreement
- Gas prices continue to rise as forecast calls for year-end dropoff
- Officials plan to watch funding issues during 2016 legislative session
- House transportation committee chairman expects another short-term funding solution
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Woodall to participate in transportation committee roundtable in Atlanta
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Unterman, four other Gwinnett residents put on state boards
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Woodall speaks out on Highway Trust Fund extension
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Farm Bureau names Woodall a friend to Georgia farmers
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Isakson, Perdue co-sign legal filing against Obama
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Deal creates new state criminal supervision department
- Audience starts lively debate at Johnson forum
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Governor signs Martin’s insurer assistance bill into law
- Board of Regents approves new college campus safety, security guidelines
- Brookwood grad Amy Robach to speak to 5,000 UGA graduates
- Gov. Nathan Deal among officials at Gwinnett Tech groundbreaking
- GaDOE honors dozens of local schools for Advanced Placement results
- Gwinnett Tech among nation’s fastest growing two-year public colleges
- Gov. Nathan Deal offers plans for failing schools, funding
- With initiatives in mind, Richard Woods sworn in as State School Superintendent
- Education issues set to dominate General Assembly
- State School Board releases Common Core revisions, seeks public comment
- In Gwinnett, Gov. Nathan Deal outlines education reform plan | VIDEO