Georgia Labor Commissioner Mark Butler announced a 7.3 percent unemployment rate for January, continuing a seven-month drop in the rate.
Georgia moves up in Census rankings of imports and exports in 2013, Gov. Nathan Deal announced Monday.
J. Mack Robinson’s business ventures included car sales, insurance, banking and fashion industries, died late Friday night. He was 90.
Officials announced the state’s most recent fiscal year saw a 10 percent increase in job growth.
After $300 million in collections over two decades, the toll will end along Ga. 400.
Metro Atlanta’s unemployment rate increased by seven-tenths of a percentage point between May and June, which officials attribute to a loss in education jobs over the summer and new graduates entering the workforce.
The Coca-Cola Foundation on Friday presented Albany State University President Everette Freeman with a $50,000 check to be split among four ASU students as First Generation Scholarships.
COVINGTON -- The Covington Downtown Development Authority has given its blessing to the initial project assessment for the proposed Mystic Grill restaurant.
The Mystic Grill, the fictional cafe where characters in "The Vampire Diaries" gather, will soon be a real restaurant.
The struggling U.S. Postal Service is reporting a record annual loss of $15.9 billion.
Oil giant BP has agreed to pay the largest criminal penalty in U.S. history, totaling billions of dollars, for the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, a person familiar with the deal said Thursday.
The Home Depot Inc. is feeling more optimistic about the recovery of the housing market after customers spent more on sprucing up their homes in the second quarter.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Coca-Cola Co. has terminated its relationship with a conservative group seen by some as an incubator for a string of new state voter ID laws and a marketer of laws like Florida's "Stand Your Ground" self-defense statute.
ATLANTA (AP) — Haverty Furniture Cos. said Thursday that improving customer confidence and newly refurbished stores helped boost its first-quarter sales by 5.7 percent at stores open at least a year.
COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) — Carmike Cinemas Inc. said Thursday that it expects its first-quarter revenue from ticket sales rose more than 30 percent on a healthy rise in attendance.
- Suwanee leaders discuss future growth
- Former Atlanta Falcon starts line of soul food products
- Owner of Jen's Hallmark retiring after 21 years, closing Lawrenceville store
- Former pro football players to open 20 Denny's restaurants in Atlanta area, including Gwinnett
- Winners of Partnership Gwinnett’s annual Movers and Makers Awards announced
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Avon Protection Systems closes Lawrenceville facility
- Ollie's Bargain Outlet to hold grand opening with NASCAR's Kevin Harvick
- ALDI hiring for new Loganville location
- Daily Post to control own circulation services
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Beaudreau says Balfour's attorney's fees should come from campaign
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Senate candidates to debate in Gainesville this weekend
- GRTA director Jannine Miller resigns
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Dacula Day to be held Tuesday at Capitol
- Gov. Deal extends state of emergency through Sunday, urges continued caution
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Storm response makes waves in governor’s race
- Gov. Deal discusses state response to snow
- Gov. Deal to work on Capitol honor for Martin Luther King
- Sen. David Shafer addresses Gwinnett Chamber to preview legislative session
- Congressmen hold field hearing on Obamacare in Gainesville
- DeKalb watchdog Nancy Jester mounts school superintendent campaign
- 4 GCPS schools named Schools of Excellence
- $9.9M of state education grant could be in jeopardy
- GGC to ship textbooks to Tanzania
- Coca-Cola gives Albany State $50,000 scholarships grant 1 comment
- Initiative prepares students for 'global marketplace'
- Book tells of life at UGA through student newspaper
- Ga. students miss ACT exam when proctor is a no-show
- Former UGA president to lead business school 1 comment
- Rockdale schools honored for serving local food 2 comments