Balfour, once the chairman fo the powerful Rules Committee, was indicted this week by a Fulton County grand jury with 16 counts of making a false certificate, one count of theft by taking and one count of false statement and writing.
Wild pigs have descended on a suburban Atlanta neighborhood where they are scaring children, making a general nuisance of themselves, and acting as they if they own the place.
Dougherty County School System officials have confirmed that two arrest warrants were issued Monday morning for Monroe High band director and Morningside Elementary music teacher Jamar Smith.
On what would have been his 83rd birthday, the “father of soul,” Albany native Ray Charles, was honored Monday as the latest inductee into the Postal Service’s Music Icons Forever Stamp Series.
British airline Virgin Atlantic and U.S. carrier Delta Air Lines on Monday said their joint venture on routes between North America and Britain had been approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Former Newton County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Darrell Mathis has been arrested and charged with selling marijuana to an undercover FBI agent while in uniform.
The international show stops by the Fox Theatre Sept. 26-69.
The death of a 30-year-old man from a fall at Turner Field in Atlanta last month during a Braves-Philadelphia Phillies games was ruled a suicide.
The country artist takes stage Sept. 27 as part of the Braves Fan Appreciation Weekend.
Qualifying has closed for the special election for State House Districts 100 and 104.
A teenager abducted from her suburban Atlanta home by armed men who snatched her during a home invasion has been found alive, more than 24 hours after she went missing.
A Levi’s Call alert has been issued for a teenager Clayton County police said was taken from her Ellenwood home during a robbery.
Aaron Alexis was arrested in DeKalb County, in 2009 on a disorderly conduct charge, and was accused of discharging a firearm by authorities in Fort Worth, Texas.
The State Road and Tollway Authority will hold four public information sessions in September and October to provide details on the end of tolls and toll booth demolition at the GA Highway 400 Toll Plaza.
College officials said that a wrestlerwas showing no brain activity, and that family members were waiting for the last relative to arrive to disconnect him from life support.
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Coca-Cola gives Albany State $50,000 scholarships grant 1 comment
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Restaurant coming to Covington sharing name with 'Vampire Diaries' eatery 1 comment
- Post office reports record loss of $15.9B for year 12 comments
- BP to pay US billions for Gulf spill 4 comments
- Home Depot sees signs of improving housing market 2 comments
- Coca-Cola halts ties to conservative law drafters 3 comments
- Haverty Furniture 1Q sales rise 5.7 percent 1 comment
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in mountain canyon
- VIDEO: Airline's Christmas surprise goes viral
- Ex-Napster COO struck by cop car, killed during bike ride
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to Mandela
- Gas prices edge higher in recent weeks
- Bitter cold, ice slam East Coast; South still freezing
- Cyber experts uncover 2 million stolen passwords to Web accounts
- Woman shoots, kills fellow Alabama fan after football loss to Auburn
- Delta bumps 50 passengers to accommodate Florida Gators team
- Amazon testing delivery with drones
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment