Gov. Nathan Deal says he will work on a way to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Capitol Hill, while announcing an expansion to justice reforms to give rehabilitated people a chance at jobs.
In this week's 'Behind the Scenes' segment, we give you an inside look at the life of an elephant keeper who cares for the elephants at Zoo Atlanta.
A federal jury on Friday convicted two alleged members of a Georgia militia group with conspiring to produce a toxic agent to poison government officials.
People worldwide should honor the memory of Rev. Dr Martin Luther King Jr. by making Monday a "no shots fired" day and ringing church bells in support of non-violence, urged the daughter of the slain U.S. civil rights leader.
Former National Basketball Association player Javaris Crittenton, who was out on bond awaiting trial for his alleged role in the 2011 murder of a mother of four in Georgia, is back behind bars after being indicted on Wednesday on drug charges.
A pair of bald eagles nesting at Berry College in north Georgia are gaining a following on the Internet.
A Florida man held in Clayton County Jail has been indicted in the July alleged theft of pizza, wings and cash.
Father Luke Marion Kot, the last surviving member of the 20 founding monks at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit, died last Thursday in the monastery infirmary. He was 102.
Georgia lawmakers and civil rights leaders are seeking to replace a statue of a controversial senator removed from the state's Capitol grounds last year with one honoring Martin Luther King Jr., a Nobel Peace Prize winner and native of the state.
Legislators convene for the opening of the 2014 session, with Sen. Don Balfour taking to the well to address his recent acquittal.
The stars of TLC's hit country reality series, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" are recovering from a car accident on Monday evening.
A former aerospace executive who slapped a crying toddler on an airplane and used a racial slur against the child, who is black, received an eight-month prison sentence on Monday for an incident his attorney blamed on his alcoholism.
A message from a pawn shop owner on Facebook reunites a LaGrange man with his missing high school ring.
The comedian to host New Year’s Eve comedy show
On Dec. 31, the comedian is performing at The Fox Theatre for his New Year’s Eve Black Comedy Explosion.
Bank of America Charitable Foundation named 2013 Neighborhood Builders award
Open Hand and Covenant House Georgia are this year’s recipients.
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Coca-Cola gives Albany State $50,000 scholarships grant 1 comment
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Restaurant coming to Covington sharing name with 'Vampire Diaries' eatery 1 comment
- Post office reports record loss of $15.9B for year 12 comments
- Arizona governor vetoes bill widely criticized as anti-gay
- Ben & Jerry's announces four new "core" flavors
- Harold Ramis, 'Ghostbusters' actor, 'Groundhog Day' director dies
- John Kerry calls climate change 'weapon of mass destruction'
- GM recalling nearly 800,000 older compact cars
- Longtime NBC news anchor Tom Brokaw diagnosed with cancer
- Shirley Temple Black, beloved childhood star and former ambassador, dies at age 85
- RadioShack to close about 500 stores
- 45 arrested, 16 juveniles rescued in Super Bowl prostitution bust
- Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in NY apartment
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment