The Georgia Department of Education announced a new testing system that replaces the CRCT and EOCT.
Gov. Nathan Deal has forwarded the USDA contention to the state attorney general
It’s unlcear whether the state of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture are headed to a legal showdown over a new state law that requires food stamp recipients under certain circumstances to pass drug screenings to get the federal benefits.
U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
Five Afghan nationals labeled as high-risk were sent to Qatar in exchange for the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss says President Barack Obama should explain why the five prisoners were being held, what was found in their annual reviews by the administration and the risks associated with their release.
The Rotary Club of Gwinnett welcomed Georgia Tech’s president, Bud Peterson, to its meeting on Tuesday. It was Peterson’s second time speaking to the club, the first being in November 2009, shortly after he had become president.
The Health Care Cost Institute expects more insurers will join the pricing data push by UnitedHealthcare, Humana and Aetna
UnitedHealthcare’s parent company, along with Humana and Aetna, are leading an industry initiative to make medical price information available to consumers on the Internet. The independent nonprofit Health Care Cost Institute will create and administer this online portal, expected to be available in January.
The governor will stop an increase in the motor fuel tax scheduled to go into effect July 1.
A Georgia police officer moonlighting as a security guard was shot to death after attempting to arrest an intoxicated customer in the parking lot of a Waffle House restaurant.
The State Road and Tollway Authority on Monday launched the “Pay n Go” Peach Pass, a prepaid Peach Pass option that can be purchased at participating CVS and Walgreens stores in Georgia where gift cards and prepaid cards are sold. Drivers can immediately use the I-85 Express Lanes after purchasing and mounting a Pay n Go Peach Pass.
The U.S. Department of Transportation said on Thursday it had fined Southwest Airlines a total of $300,000 for advertising low airfares for which no seats were available.
Former Secretary of State Karen Handel, the third-place finisher in this month’s U.S. Senate GOP primary, endorsed Jack Kingston in the runoff against David Perdue. Atlanta Tea Party’s Julianne Thompson also gives her support.
Georgia ranks No. 40, while Mississippi is last and Minnesota first in health rankings for seniors
Georgia’s strengths include a low prevalence of obesity among seniors; a high percentage of health screenings; and a high use of hospice care. The report said the state’s weaknesses include a low percentage of quality nursing home beds; a limited availability of home health care workers; and a high percentage of seniors living in poverty.
A Locust Grove man will spend life in prison for killing his cellmate over a Reese’s peanut butter cup in August 2012.
Georgia DNR offers safety precautions for boaters
AAA motor club projects the busiest Memorial Day travel weekend since the Great Recession as 926,610 Georgians are expected to travel by car more than 50 miles this weekend. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources will also be monitoring waterways on the unofficial start of summer.
A former teacher of the year at Social Circle High School was arrested on charges of first degree child cruelty.
The family of a camera assistant who died on the set of "Midnight Rider," a movie based on the memoirs of singer Gregg Allman, sued the filmmakers on Wednesday alleging wrongful death through negligence.
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Coca-Cola gives Albany State $50,000 scholarships grant 1 comment
- Ouch! Ice bucket challenges gone wrong | VIDEO
- Starbucks 'food trucks' coming to college campuses across country
- $15 million pours in from ALS Ice Bucket Challenge | VIDEO
- Wife says Robin Williams was sober, had Parkinson's at death
- Actress Lauren Bacall dies at 89
- Sheriff: Robin Williams hanged himself, found with knife and cuts on arm
- Tracy Morgan's lawyer says '30 Rock' star is 'struggling,' gives Walmart lawsuit update
- Celebrities react to death of Robin Williams
- Actor Robin Williams found dead in apparent suicide | PHOTOS | VIDEO | POLL
- Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar for $8.5 billion
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment