Three people are dead following two drowning incidents Sunday on Lake Lanier near Hall County.
Actor and comedian Tracy Morgan, best known for his roles on "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock," was badly injured when his limo bus overturned in a multi-vehicle crash that killed another comic in New Jersey early on Saturday.
A deputy in Forsyth County was shot in the leg Friday morning, according to reports.
The Georgia Department of Education announced a new testing system that replaces the CRCT and EOCT.
Gov. Nathan Deal has forwarded the USDA contention to the state attorney general
It’s unlcear whether the state of Georgia and the U.S. Department of Agriculture are headed to a legal showdown over a new state law that requires food stamp recipients under certain circumstances to pass drug screenings to get the federal benefits.
U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
Five Afghan nationals labeled as high-risk were sent to Qatar in exchange for the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss says President Barack Obama should explain why the five prisoners were being held, what was found in their annual reviews by the administration and the risks associated with their release.
The Rotary Club of Gwinnett welcomed Georgia Tech’s president, Bud Peterson, to its meeting on Tuesday. It was Peterson’s second time speaking to the club, the first being in November 2009, shortly after he had become president.
The Health Care Cost Institute expects more insurers will join the pricing data push by UnitedHealthcare, Humana and Aetna
UnitedHealthcare’s parent company, along with Humana and Aetna, are leading an industry initiative to make medical price information available to consumers on the Internet. The independent nonprofit Health Care Cost Institute will create and administer this online portal, expected to be available in January.
The governor will stop an increase in the motor fuel tax scheduled to go into effect July 1.
A Georgia police officer moonlighting as a security guard was shot to death after attempting to arrest an intoxicated customer in the parking lot of a Waffle House restaurant.
The State Road and Tollway Authority on Monday launched the “Pay n Go” Peach Pass, a prepaid Peach Pass option that can be purchased at participating CVS and Walgreens stores in Georgia where gift cards and prepaid cards are sold. Drivers can immediately use the I-85 Express Lanes after purchasing and mounting a Pay n Go Peach Pass.
The U.S. Department of Transportation said on Thursday it had fined Southwest Airlines a total of $300,000 for advertising low airfares for which no seats were available.
Former Secretary of State Karen Handel, the third-place finisher in this month’s U.S. Senate GOP primary, endorsed Jack Kingston in the runoff against David Perdue. Atlanta Tea Party’s Julianne Thompson also gives her support.
Georgia ranks No. 40, while Mississippi is last and Minnesota first in health rankings for seniors
Georgia’s strengths include a low prevalence of obesity among seniors; a high percentage of health screenings; and a high use of hospice care. The report said the state’s weaknesses include a low percentage of quality nursing home beds; a limited availability of home health care workers; and a high percentage of seniors living in poverty.
A Locust Grove man will spend life in prison for killing his cellmate over a Reese’s peanut butter cup in August 2012.
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Coca-Cola gives Albany State $50,000 scholarships grant 1 comment
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Target asks its customers to keep their guns out of stores
- Supreme Court rules against Obama in contraception case
- Take the day off, soccer coach urges U.S. fans
- Starbucks prices go up on some drinks, packaged coffee
- New Atlanta museum links human rights struggles of past and present | PHOTOS
- Longtime radio personality Casey Kasem dead at 82
- World's oldest man dies in New York at 111
- Actor Tracy Morgan critical but 'more responsive' after crash; Jonesboro man out on bond
- Report: Apple to make smartwatches; sales begin in October
- Legacy of D-Day veterans rests with 9/11 generation, Obama says | PHOTOS
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment