A 50-year-old Butts County man was found dead Wednesday from what authorities say may be hypothermia after being exposed to hours of frigid weather.
With people heeding the warning to stay indoors, Gov. Nathan Deal is pleased with the state’s response to the ice storm so far Wednesday.
President Obama declares 45 counties in emergency, as state and federal officials prepare for ice that could lead to hundreds of thousands of power outages and other problems.
J. Mack Robinson’s business ventures included car sales, insurance, banking and fashion industries, died late Friday night. He was 90.
A fire ignited 5,600 tons of stored rubber at a warehouse in Savannah on Saturday, spreading thick black smoke for miles but causing no injuries, an official said.
Gov. Nathan Deal announced a severe weather task force less than a week after a winter storm stranded thousands of motorists on interstates around Atlanta.
Gov. Nathan Deal’s detractors say Atlanta’s storm woes are a sign of poor leadership; Congressman Johnson named ranking member.
Georgia state representative Allen Peake introduced a bill on Tuesday that would legalize a non-psychoactive strain of marijuana strictly limited to patients with severe seizure disorders.
City and state leaders admitted missteps on Thursday in their handling of a rare ice storm that swept across the U.S. South, killing at least 14 people, snarling traffic and setting off a barrage of criticism from Atlanta residents.
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal held a press conference Wednesday to update conditions and respond to critics over snow response.
Gov. Nathan Deal has signed a state of emergency declaration related to the winter storm for the entire state of Georgia.
Michaels, the biggest arts and crafts retailer, said on Saturday that it is working with federal law enforcement officials to investigate a possible data breach on its systems that process payment cards.
Philips Arena was ranked one of the top five venues in the country, according to Pollstar Magazine.
A fast-moving Arctic cold front forecast to dump up to a foot of snow on the East Coast of the United States on Tuesday shut down state and federal governments, closed schools and snarled air travel in its path. The cooler temperatures will dip all the way down into the southern states.
Gov. Nathan Deal says he will work on a way to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Capitol Hill, while announcing an expansion to justice reforms to give rehabilitated people a chance at jobs.
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Coca-Cola gives Albany State $50,000 scholarships grant 1 comment
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Restaurant coming to Covington sharing name with 'Vampire Diaries' eatery 1 comment
- Post office reports record loss of $15.9B for year 12 comments
- Arizona governor vetoes bill widely criticized as anti-gay
- Ben & Jerry's announces four new "core" flavors
- Harold Ramis, 'Ghostbusters' actor, 'Groundhog Day' director dies
- John Kerry calls climate change 'weapon of mass destruction'
- GM recalling nearly 800,000 older compact cars
- Longtime NBC news anchor Tom Brokaw diagnosed with cancer
- Shirley Temple Black, beloved childhood star and former ambassador, dies at age 85
- RadioShack to close about 500 stores
- 45 arrested, 16 juveniles rescued in Super Bowl prostitution bust
- Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in NY apartment
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment