A new Georgia law requiring drug testing for some welfare recipients will not be immediately enforced as officials await a court decision on a similar measure in neighboring Florida.
Georgia students improved performance on six out of the eight end-of-course tests this year, which were released on Wednesday, compared to last year, according to data from the Georgia Department of Education.
Three men attempting to cross a busy 12-lane highway were struck and killed by a pickup truck early on Tuesday, shutting down the interstate road for several hours.
The dogs were removed from Marianna Lord, 77, and her son Todd Porterfield’s home Tuesday in rural Flovilla.
Six people from Clayton County were among 71 men and women busted in a nationwide operation targeting commercial child sex trafficking, said FBI officials Monday.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reassigned the director of the bioterror lab behind the potential anthrax exposure of dozens of scientists and staff, sources told Reuters, as the anthrax controversy intensified.
A museum opening in Atlanta on Monday links the U.S. civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s to modern fights for human rights across the world to give visitors new insight on how the struggles are related, organizers said.
As many as 84 scientists and staff in government laboratories in Atlanta may have been exposed to live anthrax bacteria after researchers failed to follow safety procedures, prompting an investigation by federal authorities.
Officials said unemployment has risen from April to May every year for more than a decade, due in part to spring college graduates entering the job market.
In both cases, the executions proceeded shortly after the U.S. Supreme Court denied multiple applications from the inmates seeking 11th-hour reprieves. A third inmate in Florida was due to be executed on Wednesday.
An upgrade to the Ready Georgia app fulfills a recommendation of the governor’s Severe Winter Weather Warning and Preparedness Taskforce, which was created after thousands of people were stranded in the snow during severe weather in January.
Fire ripped through a home in Newark, New Jersey, on Sunday killing six members of a family, officials said.
Georgia will not drug test food stamp recipients under a controversial new law that both federal and state officials concluded was illegal, the governor's office said on Friday.
A driver who told police he had smoked marijuana crashed his car into CNN headquarters in Atlanta early on Friday, causing damage but no injuries, police said.
The Georgia Department of Education released the results on Thursday for the final year the state will administer the CRCTs. Next year, all students from third-grade through eighth-grade will take a new test called Georgia Milestones, which is being billed as one program across all grades from third grade through high school.
- Metro unemployment rate hits 8 percent
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Mom's Facebook post gets son expelled | VIDEO
- Joan Rivers hospitalized, stops breathing during surgery | VIDEO
- CDC: Worker possibly exposed to Ebola | VIDEO
- 'Breaking Bad,' 'Modern Family' earn top Emmy Awards in night of repeats and upsets
- Review: Emmy Awards wisely erred on the side of comedy
- Emmy fashion: Red, White and safe all over
- Billy Crystal pays tribute to Robin Williams at Emmys: 'The brilliance was astounding' | VIDEO
- Apple recalls iPhone 5s for battery woes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- Pop's ladies lead MTV VMAs with raunchy moves and tears | PHOTOS
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment