Georgia on Tuesday became the first U.S. state that will begin charging low-income residents $5 per month for cell phone service now provided for free by federal taxpayers.
An Albany man stabs his son-in-law several times because he’s “tired of him beating up his daughter.”
The parents of a Georgia teenager found dead in a rolled-up wrestling mat in his high school gymnasium said they suspected foul play and asked authorities on Thursday to reopen an investigation that had determined his death was accidental.
U.S. Representative Sanford Bishop of Georgia is undergoing treatment for throat cancer and expects to have surgery.
A Georgia Tech university fraternity member has apologized for the "lack of judgment" he showed in writing an email with offensive language, including the term "rapebait," about how to pick up women at campus parties.
A Georgia university is investigating a campus fraternity after one of its members was linked online to an email with instructions on attracting "rapebait" to parties.
Georgia’s average of $3.23 dropped 3 cents in the past week.
It is taking proposals for its $3 million Dare to Forget the Box! prizes, which will support organizations in their efforts to solve community problems with fresh ideas.
A Sumter County woman faces several charges after apparently shooting her son-in-law Wednesday afternoon while the victim was attending his mother’s funeral services.
Fans of the first twin giant panda cubs born in Atlanta will be able to pick their names from a list that includes monikers with Chinese meanings such as "blue sky and clear water," and "something indescribably beautiful and magnificent," zoo officials said on Thursday.
Tropical Storm Karen formed in the southeast Gulf of Mexico on Thursday and could become a hurricane before hitting the U.S. coast between Louisiana and the Florida Panhandle, forecasters at the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
Kohl’s Department Stores announced it anticipates hiring more than 50,000 associates nationwide this holiday season to support seasonal business in stores and growth on Kohls.com.
A small plane headed for Jackson from Florida crashed outside Thomaston Monday afternoon, authorities said.
The United Way of Greater Atlanta is hosting its annual Kick Off Breakfast to prepare for the new fundraising season.
The ban is lifted Oct. 1 for several countries in Georgia, including Gwinnett.
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Coca-Cola gives Albany State $50,000 scholarships grant 1 comment
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Restaurant coming to Covington sharing name with 'Vampire Diaries' eatery 1 comment
- Post office reports record loss of $15.9B for year 12 comments
- BP to pay US billions for Gulf spill 4 comments
- Home Depot sees signs of improving housing market 2 comments
- Coca-Cola halts ties to conservative law drafters 3 comments
- Haverty Furniture 1Q sales rise 5.7 percent 1 comment
- Baby seat with iPad holder stirs controversy
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in mountain canyon
- VIDEO: Airline's Christmas surprise goes viral
- Ex-Napster COO struck by cop car, killed during bike ride
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to Mandela
- Gas prices edge higher in recent weeks
- Bitter cold, ice slam East Coast; South still freezing
- Cyber experts uncover 2 million stolen passwords to Web accounts
- Woman shoots, kills fellow Alabama fan after football loss to Auburn
- Delta bumps 50 passengers to accommodate Florida Gators team
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment