Only Wisconsin and North Carolina offer the seal or certificate to graduating high school students who have engaged in courses and extracurricular activities that foster global competencies.
State-level results are expected to be released on Thursday for the Georgia Milestones test in what state education officials have called a single assessment system that’s comprehensive, cohesive and consolidated.
A fan fell from the upper deck at Turner Field during Saturday's Atlanta Braves game against the New York Yankees.
The Governor’s Office of Highway Safety is a week into its Operation Zero Tolerance Labor Day crackdown on drunk driving.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is investigating allegations that white members of a campus fraternity shouted racial slurs at a black female student earlier this month.
The fatal shooting of a student on the campus of Georgia's Savannah State University was under investigation on Friday, with no suspect yet identified a day after the confrontation that resulted in the man's death.
Tropical Storm Erika threatened Haiti and the Dominican Republic with heavy rain and strong winds on Friday as it swirled across the Caribbean and geared up for a run at South Florida, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
The Georgia Department of Transportation is warning drivers to expect traffic delays on I-85 this weekend because of surveying work.
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said on Thursday he will start radiation treatment for cancer on his brain later in the day.
Feeback from parents, families, community members and students will be gathered and reviewed and any changes would be implemented for the 2017-18 school year.
About 40 people will travel over five days as a group to 13 cities and 43 counties, including Gwinnett, to better understand Georgia’s geography, demographics, diversity, economy, history and culture.
The State Road and Tollway Authority is offering local governments and community improvement districts $29 million in transportation infrastructure improvement grants.
The State Bar of Georgia announced this week that its leaders recently appointed 27 Gwinnett County attorneys and judges to serve on the organization’s committees.
The Georgia Department of Transportation announced on Thursday that it finished I-85 repaving work early, but work on Highway 316 continues.
Four Confederate battle flags were found on Thursday at the historic Atlanta church where civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr. once preached, in a chilling reminder of the shooting of nine African-Americans at a South Carolina church in June.
- USA Television, Maxair Media acquire California TV stations
- Georgia gas prices up a nickel in last week
- Metro unemployment rate hits 8 percent
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Multiple people killed, wounded as gunman opens fire at Oregon college
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Woodall says resigning Boehner served nation ‘with distinction’
- House Speaker John Boehner to resign from Congress at end of October
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Martin offers students Georgia Military Scholarship recommendation letters
- Victims' relatives gather 14 years after Sept. 11 attacks on U.S | PHOTOS
- Ten years after Katrina, resilient New Orleans honors its victims | PHOTOS
- Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in live on-air attack
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Martin praises film, television’s impact on Georgia
- Former President Jimmy Carter says cancer has spread to brain
- Civil rights icon Julian Bond dead at age of 75
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment
- Ga. unemployment rises to 7.2 percent
- David Pennington talks about race for governor
- David Perdue campaign stop