Former Alaska Gov. and vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin backs GOP candidate Karen Handel in the U.S. Senate race.
Georgia shines in report on Common Core implementation. Georgia is a leader among several states in implementation of the Common Core, according to a recent report by the Southern Regional Education Board. The report, which tracks progress in 15 states, benchmarked five areas of implementation, identifying “leading states” and “strong states” in each.
A Conyers man has been arrested after he allegedly choked his daughter’s kitten in retaliation for her striking him while he was arguing with her mother.
After a trying summer of 2013, Albany native Paula Deen has rebounded big with a new consolidation of her businesses under Paula Deen Ventures and plans for a $20 million restaurant and retail center at Dollywood.
Legislators approved a gun bill and a constitutional amendment that could cap the state income tax, but marijuana and autism provisions don’t pass in final day of legislative session.
Georgia lawmakers have passed a measure allowing a monument to be erected on the state Capitol grounds to honor late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., nearly a half century after the Georgia-born Nobel Peace Prize winner's assassination.
Three months after he was acquitted on charges related to incorrect per diem statements, Sen. Don Balfour will be reimbursed for the fees he paid attorneys defending his case.
Howard “Bo” Callaway in 1964 was the first Republican to win a seat in Congress representing Georgia since Reconstruction and in 1966 was the first Republican to run for Georgia governor since 1876.
The commercial bus with 54 passengers aboard veered off a snowy Interstate 95 about 30 miles south of Washington and flipped onto its side, Virginia State Police said in a statement.
Police evacuated a Greyhound bus station in downtown Atlanta early on Monday after a hand grenade fell out of a box being shipped to North Carolina, but it was later found to contain no explosives.
Votes on child welfare reform, medical marijuana and other issues could come this week
A shortened session at the Georgia General Assembly is expected to end next week, but big decisions on health issues, gun bills and the state budget remain.
Congressman Hank Johnson receives an endorsement from President Barack Obama in his quest for a fifth term in the district that includes portions of Gwinnett; Libertarian Party of Georgia announces candidates for U.S. Senate and governor.
General Assembly, Georgia legislature, estate tax, tax policy, B.J. Pak, Charlie Bethel, Nathan Deal, Georgia politics, Georgia taxes, Gwinnett politics, Gwinnett taxes
A three-judge panel of the Georgia Court of Appeals hears oral arguments in three cases, including one Gwinnett one, during a trip to the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center in Lawrenceville.
Drivers Services Commissioner Rob Mikell is named to the State Employee Benefit Plan Council.
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Coca-Cola gives Albany State $50,000 scholarships grant 1 comment
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Auburn University cancels classes after threatening message
- Paul Walker's brothers to fill in for late actor in 'Fast & Furious 7'
- Boston marks anniversary of marathon bombing with somber ceremonies | Photos
- Florida woman survives bear mauling
- Google tells users emails are scanned for ads
- 'Pink Moon' turns 'blood moon' red tonight in full lunar eclipse
- Three killed in shootings at Jewish centers in Kansas
- Ten killed, many of them students, after truck slams bus in California
- Hillary Clinton dodges shoe during Las Vegas speech (WITH VIDEO)
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment