A record number of gamers, cosplayers, comic book readers and pop culture fans are expected to pour into downtown Atlanta this Labor Day weekend for the 28th consecutive year of Dragon Con.
The Georgia Department of Education is accepting applications for the 2015 Georgia Family-Friendly Partnership School Awards.
Watch as this Atlanta police officer shoots a man after witnessing him stab another cop near Georgia State University.
Mike Price, executive manager of Elesys North America, Inc., is the new chair of the Gwinnett Tech Foundation Board of Trustees.
A staff member of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has returned to the United States from West Africa by charter flight after the employee had low-risk contact with a health worker who tested positive for Ebola.
Common Core, which critics have said “comes straight from Obama’s desk,” while supporters boast that it will raise standards, was easily the most discussed issue at the Buford Fine Arts Center. State Board of Education member Mike Royal hosted the discussion as he represents the seventh district that includes Gwinnett and south Forsyth County.
Four Ohio college students were killed late Monday in a fiery plane crash near a Cleveland-area airport, investigators and college officials said on Tuesday.
A 13-year-old Georgia boy who was shot and killed by an older teenager while he slept may have been the victim of mistaken identity, police said on Monday.
Two American aid workers discharged from an Atlanta hospital after being treated for Ebola pose no health risk to the public, an Emory University Hospital doctor said.
The July rate was up half a percentage point from 7.5 percent in June.
Georgia’s average composite score on the most recent ACT results is 20.8, while the national average is 21.0. Georgia’s ACT rank has improved from 37th in 2011 to 30th this year.
Garth Brooks announced two additional performances on his World Tour at Philips Arena, bringing the total up to seven shows in Atlanta.
Kenny Rogers’ Buckhead home hit the market and is listed at $4.8 million
Tracy Morgan has spent most of the last two decades on NBC airwaves, but it was his lawyer who took his place on the "Today" Show on Monday morning.
- Metro unemployment rate hits 8 percent
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments
- Mom's Facebook post gets son expelled | VIDEO
- Joan Rivers hospitalized, stops breathing during surgery | VIDEO
- CDC: Worker possibly exposed to Ebola | VIDEO
- 'Breaking Bad,' 'Modern Family' earn top Emmy Awards in night of repeats and upsets
- Review: Emmy Awards wisely erred on the side of comedy
- Emmy fashion: Red, White and safe all over
- Billy Crystal pays tribute to Robin Williams at Emmys: 'The brilliance was astounding' | VIDEO
- Apple recalls iPhone 5s for battery woes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- Pop's ladies lead MTV VMAs with raunchy moves and tears | PHOTOS
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment