On a trip to Atlanta, Obama did not specifically mention the three controversies that engulfed his administration last week and raised questions as to how much of his second-term agenda he will be able to achieve.
The small, boyhood home of rock legend Little Richard has been spared the wrecking ball and will be moved to make way for an interstate highway, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation.
A pedestrian killed trying to cross I-75 early Saturday morning has been identified as a Missouri man, said Clayton County police.
According to data from the Federal Trade Commission's 2012 Consumer Sentinel Network Report, Georgia is second only to Florida in identity theft complaints.
A Clayton County jury took about two hours Thursday to find a Newnan man guilty of killing his baby son in January 2012.
COVINGTON -- The Covington Downtown Development Authority has given its blessing to the initial project assessment for the proposed Mystic Grill restaurant.
CONYERS — Two people were killed early Friday morning in an apparent racing accident that occurred on Interstate 20 westbound near the Salem Road exit.
When Nick Saban wants to get away, he packs up the family and heads to Clayton, Ga., to his 9,600-square-foot, six-bedroom home on Lake Burton.
CONYERS -- A new kind of adrenaline rush is coming to Conyers. In an event reminiscent of the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain, The Great Bull Run will make its Georgia debut this fall.
Chris Clark, the top executive of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, said during an Albany stop Wednesday that ultimately, the online sales tax question facing Congress is about fairness.
A local businesswoman and Paula Deen's ex-husband are leading efforts to recognize the local celebrity chef.
Former major-leaguer Otis Nixon was arrested over the weekend after police found him in possession of crack cocaine.
Fear not, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" fans; your favorite pint-sized pageant princess will return to the airwaves this summer.
Oscar-winning actress Reese Witherspoon was arrested in Atlanta last month for alleged disorderly conduct after her husband, talent agent James Toth, was stopped by police on suspicion of drunken driving.
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Restaurant coming to Covington sharing name with 'Vampire Diaries' eatery 1 comment
- Post office reports record loss of $15.9B for year 11 comments
- BP to pay US billions for Gulf spill 4 comments
- Home Depot sees signs of improving housing market 2 comments
- Coca-Cola halts ties to conservative law drafters 3 comments
- Haverty Furniture 1Q sales rise 5.7 percent 1 comment
- Carmike says 1Q ticket sales, admissions jumped 1 comment
- Average gas price increases 12 cents in Georgia 10 comments
- Georgia’s jobless rate decreases to 9.7 percent in December 2 comments
- IRS chief declines to ID employees 1 comment
- The supervised after-prom party: Now with cars, iPads 1 comment
- CBO: Obama budget cuts deficit $1.1T over decade
- Canadian astronaut wrestles with gravity after spaceflight
- Tornadoes tear through Texas towns, killing six
- US tax chief ousted in scandal 2 comments
- Barbara Walters announces retirement 5 comments
- Seth Meyers to be new 'Late Night' host succeeding Fallon 1 comment
- Salaries of public college presidents rise, median tops $400K 5 comments
- Nineteen shot in New Orleans Mother's Day parade 1 comment
- BUCK'S BYTES: Fink, you've done well 1 comment