The Gwinnett Braves didn’t start any of their previous six seasons by going more than four games without a home run.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. —The Charlotte Knights (7-3) jumped on Gwinnett Braves’ (3-7) starting pitcher Chien-Ming Wang early and came away with a 6-2 win Saturday night in game two of the three-game series at BB&T Ballpark.
LAWRENCEVILLE — When Atlanta Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez talks about Matt Wisler, the word “close” is almost always included.
LAWRENCEVILLE — The Atlanta Braves organization has had a run of bad luck when it comes to pitchers needing Tommy John surgery.
LAWRENCEVILLE — It took most of the Gwinnett Braves’ opening homestand, but Jose Peraza started to show why he is considered Atlanta’s top prospect.
Tuesday night’s game with Gwinnett and Charlotte was strength against strength as the G-Braves pitching sported the third best ERA in the league at 2.14, while Charlotte had the highest team batting average at .296.
G-Braves drop 3-1 decision to Norfolk in 11 innings
Gwinnett Braves third baseman Pedro Ciriaco was the hero again for the second time in four days with a walk-off single on Monday
Newly acquired Gwinnett Braves pitcher Matt Wisler shined in a Sunday victory against the Durham Bulls
It was a night of missed opportunities for the Gwinnett Braves. Facing Durham in the third game of a four-game set, the G-Braves fell 4-1 in front of 5,372 fans on Saturday night at Coolray Field.
Pedro Ciriaco’s 11th-inning drive hung in the air for a pregnant moment before dropping gracefully into shallow right for the game-winning RBI at the stroke of midnight.
Mike Foltynewicz hasn’t always had the best luck on opening days in his career, but the highly regarded righty was sharp in his debut for the Gwinnett Braves on Thursday. He only gave up one run, a solo homer to Joey Butler, in four efficient innings.
The trades that gutted the Atlanta Braves major-league roster brought young talent, and hopefully more victories, to the franchise’s minor-league system
G-Braves take their last on field practice before tomorrow’s season opener
The G-Braves will have more top prospects on their roster than they’ve ever had in Gwinnett. Entering the seventh season on Thursday with a home opener against the Durham Bulls, the G-Braves have the top three, and five of the top 30 Atlanta Braves prospects.
- Blue Jays edge Braves on Donaldson's walk-off
- Gwinnett Braves power outage finally comes to an end
- G-Braves lose fifth straight, fall to Charlotte 6-2
- Atlanta Hawks host the Brooklyn Nets to open the NBA playoffs
- Matt Kenseth claims second pole at Bristol
- Hawks' Sefolosha has surgery, officially out for playoffs
- Braves hang on with Grilli's save to beat Blue Jays
- Five share lead as rain cuts Greater Gwinnett Championship first round short | PHOTOS
- G-Braves' Matt Wisler makes good first impression
- Norcross' Dearica Hamby taken in first round of WNBA Draft
- Gladiators' painful season at least offers learning opportunities
- Hungry Gladiators rally for 3-2 overtime win in home finale
- Greenville takes shootout to spoil Gladiators comeback
- Gwinnett Gladiators' comeback falls short against Greenville
- Gladiators edge out the Road Warriors, 2-1
- Gladiators officially make Brandt head coach
- Orlando's short-handed goal sinks Gladiators
- Quick start propels Greenville to win over Gladiators
- Gladiators rally to beat Orlando in overtime
- Gladiators sign a pair of Mercyhurst Lakers
- HAMMOCK: Things don't look good again for Georgia Force 1 comment
- Time running out for Force in search for new owner
- Force season ends on Jacksonville field goal
- Getting to Know ... James Clark
- Playoff hopes teeter with Force loss 1 comment
- Pittsburgh overpowers Force 58-41
- Rookies help Force hold on for much-needed win 1 comment
- Force face critical test against Orlando
- Rough outing for Force in trip to Utah
- Continuity, new QB remain challenges as Force visit Utah
- G-Braves take down Mud Hens, Turner in Game 1
- G-BRAVES BLOG: Rehab with less hoopla
- G-BRAVES BLOG: On rain delays and pitching and Julio Teheran
- G-BRAVES BLOG: Uniform on, Cox enjoys time managing Future Stars