Cody Martin, recently sent down by the Atlanta Braves, and two relievers combined for a three-hit shutout Friday night as the Gwinnett Braves defeated the Columbus Clippers
LAWRENCEVILLE — The Gwinnett Braves (22-26) had to settle for a split of Thursday’s doubleheader when the Lehigh Valley IronPigs rallied late in the nightcap to beat them 6-4 in eight innings.
Plagued by rain all series, the Gwinnett Braves were delayed again but not derailed in the first of two seven-inning games against Lehigh Valley on Thursday.
Gwinnett Braves sweep pair from Lehigh Valley IronPigs
In his first two years after leaving the Gwinnett Braves, Dave Brundage never got to spend more than four summer days back in his home outside Buford. The Lehigh Valley manager is getting to double that this season.
The Gwinnett Braves were unable Tuesday to resume their suspended game with Lehigh Valley because of more rain, forcing the teams to try to play the equivalent of back-to-back doubleheaders tonight and Thursday.
Chris Johnson got only one at-bat before the Gwinnett Braves’ game with Lehigh Valley was suspended because of rain on Monday night.
The Gwinnett Braves lost to the Columbus Clippers in the final game before a homestand starts Monday
The Gwinnett Braves defeated the Columbus Clippers 6-1 Saturday night
COLUMBUS, Ohio —The Gwinnett Braves (19-24) beat the Columbus Clippers (24-19) by a 6-1 score Saturday night in game three of the four-game series at Huntington Park.
The Gwinnett Braves never recovered from giving up six runs to the Columbus Clippers in a Friday night loss
TOLEDO, Ohio — Former Gwinnett Braves’ infielder Josh Wilson’s two-out, bloop single in the bottom of the 12th inning scored Xavier Avery from second base to give the Toledo Mud Hens (16-23) a 5-4 win over the G-Braves (17-23) in the finale of the three-game series at Fifth Third Field.
The Gwinnett Braves suffered a disastrous first inning, giving up seven runs to the Toledo Mud Hens, five of which were unearned, and lost 10-5 on Tuesday at Fifth Third Field.
Barrett Kleinknecht and Mycal Jones powered the Gwinnett Braves past the Toledo Mud Hens on Monday
Ryan Weber, promoted from Class AA Mississippi, fared well in a spot start but the Gwinnett Braves faltered down the stretch and were swept by the visiting Louisville Bats
- Tim Hudson beats Braves for first time, wins duel with Foltynewicz
- Hamlin edges Truex for pole at Dover
- Cody Martin deals in Gwinnett Braves shutout win
- Falcons cut ties with Prince Shembo after Gwinnett incident
- National Lacrosse League franchise moving to Arena at Gwinnett Center
- G-Braves can't complete the doubleheader sweep
- Banuelos, G-Braves shut out IronPigs in opener before falling in nightcap
- Uribe: Dodgers-Braves deal done
- G-Braves come back from break to sweep pair from Lehigh Valley
- Former G-Braves manager Brundage sees son graduate from Mill Creek, stays for series
- Gladiators release home game schedule for 2015-16 season
- Gladiators' King named ECHL equipment manager of year
- Gladiators' painful season at least offers learning opportunities
- Hungry Gladiators rally for 3-2 overtime win in home finale
- Greenville takes shootout to spoil Gladiators comeback
- Gwinnett Gladiators' comeback falls short against Greenville
- Gladiators edge out the Road Warriors, 2-1
- Gladiators officially make Brandt head coach
- Orlando's short-handed goal sinks Gladiators
- Quick start propels Greenville to win over Gladiators
- HAMMOCK: Things don't look good again for Georgia Force 1 comment
- Time running out for Force in search for new owner
- Force season ends on Jacksonville field goal
- Getting to Know ... James Clark
- Playoff hopes teeter with Force loss 1 comment
- Pittsburgh overpowers Force 58-41
- Rookies help Force hold on for much-needed win 1 comment
- Force face critical test against Orlando
- Rough outing for Force in trip to Utah
- Continuity, new QB remain challenges as Force visit Utah
- G-Braves take down Mud Hens, Turner in Game 1
- G-BRAVES BLOG: Rehab with less hoopla
- G-BRAVES BLOG: On rain delays and pitching and Julio Teheran
- G-BRAVES BLOG: Uniform on, Cox enjoys time managing Future Stars