The Washington Nationals used good starting pitching and timely hitting to win the first two games of this three-game series with Atlanta. They employed the same formula to complete a series sweep on Thursday.
WASHINGTON — Shortstop Ian Desmond drove in the winning run with a sacrifice fly to left field with one out in the bottom of the 11th inning off reliever David Aardsma as the Washington Nationals beat the Atlanta Braves 2-1 on Wednesday night.
Late hustle gives Gwinnett Braves an 8-5 win over Indianapolis
It’s hard to blame youngsters like Nick Neidert and Jahmai Jones for bypassing college, taking advantage of their high selections in the MLB Draft
College underclassmen who declare for the NBA draft would be able to return to school if a proposal by the NCAA men’s basketball oversight committee gets adopted.
The NBA Board of Governors unanimously approved the sale of the Atlanta Hawks to an ownership group led by billionaire Tony Ressler on Wednesday
Gwinnett Braves down Indianapolis 6-3
Brookwood graduate Walker Zimmerman, and current defender for FC Dallas, has enjoyed early success in his Major League Soccer career. But he still has bigger dreams on his mind.
North grad Blake Wood settles into role as closer with the IL’s Indianapolis Indians
The Gwinnett lefty was a model of efficiency on the mound while going a career-high nine silky-smooth innings and also helping out the cause offensively.
Fun, instruction the order of the day at Gwinnett Braves’ Youth Baseball Camp
The Braves snapped up right-hander Touki Toussaint, who was Arizona’s 2014 first-round draft choice and rated as the organization’s No. 4 prospect.
ATLANTA — The Atlanta Braves continue to acquire as much pitching as possible.
ATLANTA — Julio Teheran finally flashed the form that earned him a spot in the All-Star Game last year and elevated his reputation as a top-of-the-rotation arm.
LAWRENCEVILLE — Eric Young, Jr. hit a walk-off two-run single in the ninth inning Sunday, lifting the Gwinnett Braves (33-35) to a 6-5 win over the Pawtucket Red Sox (34-36) at Coolray Field. Gwinnett avoided a sweep of the three-game series with their eighth walk-off win this season.
- North Gwinnett's Blake Wood, G-Braves' Manny Banuelos named International League All-Stars
- Gwinnett sweeps Buffalo with 6-2 win
- Gwinnett Braves top Buffalo Bisons in 13 innings
- Foltynewicz stellar in Gwinnett Braves victory
- Gwinnett Braves fall in extras on bases-loaded walk
- G-Braves one-hit Pawtucket in 1-0 win
- G-Braves' win streak snapped after 4-3 loss to Indians
- Hustle propels G-Braves over .500 with 8-5 win over Indianapolis
- G-Braves scratch out third straight victory with 6-3 win over Indianapolis
- North grad Wood relishes closer role in Indianapolis
- HAMMOCK: Things don't look good again for Georgia Force 1 comment
- Time running out for Force in search for new owner
- Force season ends on Jacksonville field goal
- Getting to Know ... James Clark
- Playoff hopes teeter with Force loss 1 comment
- Pittsburgh overpowers Force 58-41
- Rookies help Force hold on for much-needed win 1 comment
- Force face critical test against Orlando
- Rough outing for Force in trip to Utah
- Continuity, new QB remain challenges as Force visit Utah
- Gladiators turn in season-ending roster
- Gladiators get rights to eight players in completion of late-season trades
- Proposed arena renovations wouldn't displace Gladiators
- Gladiators release home game schedule for 2015-16 season
- Gladiators' King named ECHL equipment manager of year
- Gladiators' painful season at least offers learning opportunities
- Hungry Gladiators rally for 3-2 overtime win in home finale
- Greenville takes shootout to spoil Gladiators comeback
- Gwinnett Gladiators' comeback falls short against Greenville
- Gladiators edge out the Road Warriors, 2-1
- A change in the number
- G-Braves take down Mud Hens, Turner in Game 1
- HOOPING OVERSEAS: Army Parties and Missle Text Messages
- G-BRAVES BLOG: Rehab with less hoopla
- G-BRAVES BLOG: On rain delays and pitching and Julio Teheran
- G-BRAVES BLOG: Uniform on, Cox enjoys time managing Future Stars
- HOOPING OVERSEAS: Taking the leap
- 'Behind the Scenes' ... with the Gwinnett Gladiators' equipment manager
- Gwinnett Gladiators kick off hockey season
- 'Behind the Scenes' ... with WNBA champ Maya Moore