American Zach Johnson claimed the second major victory of his career when he beat Marc Leishman and Louis Oosthuizen in a four-hole playoff at the British Open on Monday.
Former Parkview star Jeff Francoeur is not playing every day, but he's having fun. He sure helped the last-place Philadelphia Phillies enjoy some fun this weekend.
Until an uncharacteristic miscue on pit road cost him precious track position late in Sunday's 5-Hour ENERGY 301 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Kevin Harvick appeared a likely candidate for Victory Lane
New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman says quarterback Tom Brady is a "little ticked off" as he awaits the Deflategate ruling of his four-game suspension
The Gwinnett Daily Post won 14 awards, including four first-place finishes, in the Division II category in voting conducted by the Georgia Sports Writers Association for its best of 2014
Jordan Spieth, keeping his Grand Slam hopes alive, shot a 6-under 66 to move within a shot of the lead in the 144th Open Championship as the weather finally calmed on Sunday.
The Syracuse Chiefs got a clutch two-run homer from Chris Nelson in the bottom of the fifth and came from behind to beat the Gwinnett Braves 5-3 Sunday afternoon
Starter Shelby Miller loses fifth straight decision
Shelby Miller hasn’t got a victory since losing a no-hit bid with two outs in the ninth inning at Miami on May 17.
Brad Keselowski finishes second, Kevin Harvick third
The race ended under yellow because of a spinning car on the final lap, slowing Kyle Busch and everyone behind him to 45 mph as they headed to the checkered flag.
The Atlanta Braves announced Friday that they have extended the contracts of manager Fredi Gonzalez and his staff through the 2016 season.
Eury Perez delivered a big hit in the eighth inning and powered the Gwinnett Braves past the Chicago Cubs on Friday night
The Gwinnett Braves squandered a 5-0 lead Friday night in a loss to the Syracuse Chiefs
Johnson is 10-under with five holes left in second round
After an early-morning deluge caused play to be suspended for more than three hours, it was inevitable the second would have to be carried over into Saturday.
Joey Logano finishes second
Carl Edwards, who dramatically improved his average starting position of 14.9 at New Hampshire, didn’t believe he had won the pole Friday until he got reassurance from crew chief Darian Grubb.
Gwinnett gives up two unearned runs on three costly errors to drop road-trip opener
- G-Braves sign first baseman Lennerton
- Jenkins allows two hits over eight innings in G-Braves shutout
- Short-handed G-Braves beat Charlotte again
- Freeman bypasses Gwinnett to rejoin Braves
- Gwinnett Braves lose two players, still defeat Charlotte
- G-Braves shutout in Rochester
- Errors cost G-Braves in Rochester
- Cunninham home run lifts Gwinnett Braves past Rochester
- Texeira leads G-Braves to win over Rochester
- Syracuse finishes series with win over the Gwinnett Braves
- HAMMOCK: Things don't look good again for Georgia Force 1 comment
- Time running out for Force in search for new owner
- Force season ends on Jacksonville field goal
- Getting to Know ... James Clark
- Playoff hopes teeter with Force loss 1 comment
- Pittsburgh overpowers Force 58-41
- Rookies help Force hold on for much-needed win 1 comment
- Force face critical test against Orlando
- Rough outing for Force in trip to Utah
- Continuity, new QB remain challenges as Force visit Utah
- Gladiators sign Todd Fiddler and Ian Barteaux for 2015-16
- Gwinnett Daily Post wins 14 Georgia Sports Writers Association awards
- Patterson returning to Gladiators for 2015-16 season
- Gladiators make Sarig, Buzzeo first signings of 2015-16
- Gladiators turn in season-ending roster
- Gladiators get rights to eight players in completion of late-season trades
- Proposed arena renovations wouldn't displace Gladiators
- Gladiators release home game schedule for 2015-16 season
- Gladiators' King named ECHL equipment manager of year
- Gladiators' painful season at least offers learning opportunities
- A change in the number
- G-Braves take down Mud Hens, Turner in Game 1
- HOOPING OVERSEAS: Army Parties and Missle Text Messages
- G-BRAVES BLOG: Rehab with less hoopla
- G-BRAVES BLOG: On rain delays and pitching and Julio Teheran
- G-BRAVES BLOG: Uniform on, Cox enjoys time managing Future Stars
- HOOPING OVERSEAS: Taking the leap
- 'Behind the Scenes' ... with the Gwinnett Gladiators' equipment manager
- Gwinnett Gladiators kick off hockey season
- 'Behind the Scenes' ... with WNBA champ Maya Moore