Top Sports stories
Dacula Falcons vs. Central Gwinnett basketball
Archer took a lead in the third quarter and withstood a late push from Brookwood to defeat the Broncos 53-48. The loss was Brookwood’s first of the season.
Norcross grad scores 11 in win over Hawks
Jeremy Lamb was traded on the eve of opening night a year ago and spent part of his rookie season demoted to the NBA Development League.
Norcross stayed undefeated in Region 7-AAAAAA play, but barely, as it beat Mountain View 59-54 in overtime on Tuesday.
A roundup of last weekend’s high school swimming and diving meets, including the annual Clody Invitational
Grayson had 12 wrestlers place, including four tournament champions to win the Hoya Invitational at Harrison on Saturday.
The Wolves are back in the state championship and will take on Washington County on Friday at 5:30 p.m. in the Georgia Dome.
Shortstop hit over .300 as a sophomore for the Panthers
With three games to play this season, the Atlanta Falcons are trying to find out if their 2013 draft class will be part of the solution moving into the offseason.
Senior school’s first all-american honoree
Georgia Tech’s Robert Godhigh wins ACC’s Brian Piccolo Award
Eleven girls players selected for early season all-metro list
Luke Rockhold will face Costa Philippou at UFC Fight Night 35 on Jan. 15 at the Arena at Gwinnett Center.
With a roster nearly half full of rookies, the Gwinnett Gladiators signed former NHL forward David Laliberté on Thursday.
C.J. Leggett, North Gwinnett football program both benefit from the senior RB’s arrival
North, McEachern don’t necessarily expect offensive shootout
The battles were in close quarters and not without some saltiness. The schedule allowed for the Gwinnett Gladiators to spend most of a practice day working one-on-one.
Running back returned from knee injuries for successful senior season
Even as Jimmie Johnson speeds through Champion’s Week and enjoys his coronation in Las Vegas, the focus of those who compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and those who follow it, even peripherally, already has begun to move toward 2014.
Mountain View’s wrestling team improved to 12-2 on Wednesday after a pair of victories.
Kyle Korver tied an NBA record while ensuring the Los Angeles Clippers’ seven-game road trip got off to a bad start.
North Gwinnett grad’s blocking, pass-catching have helped Tigers to Saturday’s SEC Championship Game at the Georgia Dome
The 1998 season was a rough one for Gwinnett’s three remaining football teams in the state high school playoffs
Tall shortstop to continue baseball career with Tigers
DeCou led Grizzlies to national tournament in first season of eligibility
- Young combines intellectual, physical approaches as North defensive leader
- SWIM/DIVE ROUNDUP: Wesleyan swims to sweep of West Forsyth
- 'Prep Rally' to feature state semifinal football
- Four Dacula Elementary students to compete at Atlanta Falcons game in NFL Punt, Pass and Kick event
- Parkview junior Deas commits to Auburn baseball program
- Lanier's Courseys sign with GCSU softball
- Old Suwanee Christian takes second in Florida basketball tourney
- Norcross, North Gwinnett to sell state title football tickets at school
- THE BLITZ: Who do you pick — North or Norcross?
- PREP ROUNDUP: Meadowcreek wins Mustang Duals
- Lamb now making noise with Thunder
- Youth movement in full bloom in Atlanta
- Gladiators' Laliberte, Lefebvre move on
- Former Atlanta Braves manager Bobby Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Packers rally to beat Falcons without Rodgers
- Jon Gruden staying put at ESPN
- Korver sets 3 record in Hawks win
- Gladiators sign former NHLer Laliberte
- Gladiators battle each other in preparation for opposition
- Nobis receives lifetime achievement honor
- GGC's Enang named NAIA All-American
- Report: Texas' Mack Brown to step down; Brown responds
- Three Gwinnett grads named to AP All-SEC Team
- Buford's Davis named ACC Rookie of the Week for Georgia Tech
- Chick-fil-A Bowl to feature Duke-Texas A&M matchup
- Georgia Tech to face Ole Miss in bowl
- Bulldogs headed back to Jacksonville for bowl game
- Auburn and Florida State to play in final BCS title game
- College football bowl schedule
- Michigan State beats No. 2 Ohio State, shakes up BCS
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: You Know You're a Bulldog When
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: Best Dressed Dawg
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: Student-athletes are back and so am I! 3 comments
- BUCK'S BYTES: Internet, TV gave soccer path to victory 1 comment
- WILL'S WORLD: Friday's matchups will reveal plenty
- WILL'S WORLD: Don't forget about Parkview 2 comments
- WILL'S WORLD: Boyd and the Milton saga
- WILL'S WORLD: Football tab time
- THE BLITZ: Questions and some answers for the season
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Final thoughts and retrospective
- TALKIN' FOOTBALL: State semifinals
- HIGHLIGHTS: Dacula vs. Colquitt County Football
- TALKIN' FOOTBALL: State quarterfinals