Top Sports stories
The Panthers’ senior quarterback combined to score four TDs in a win over Mountain View
Central Gwinnett Nigel Adams named defensive player of the week.
Excitement building for Discovery High School’s first-ever football game
Georgia Sports Writers Association high school football rankings for the week of Aug. 31
NEW YORK — Roger Federer glided to victory on another hot, steamy day at the U.S. Open, the envy of a clutch of men’s players made to work overtime on Tuesday at the season’s final grand slam.
ATLANTA — Rookie Justin Nicolino pitched seven scoreless innings, his fourth consecutive quality start, and the Miami Marlins notched a 7-1 win over the Atlanta Braves on Tuesday at Turner field.
DURHAM, N.C. — After taking a two-run lead in the top of the fourth inning, the Gwinnett Braves allowed six runs over the final five innings in a 6-3 loss to the Durham Bulls on Tuesday night at Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The G-Braves (72-65) were swept in the two-game series, the first leg of their final regular-season road trip of 2015.
Recap of Tuesday’s prep action.
Five key questions for the Georgia Tech football team entering Thursday's season opener against Alcorn State
Greyson Lambert has been chosen as Georgia’s starting quarterback for the season opener later this week, according to an announcement Monday by Bulldogs head coach Mark Richt
Archer beats Peachtree Ridge 26-10
ATLANTA — Rookie Luis Severino made his fifth consecutive solid start, pitching six scoreless innings as the New York Yankees defeated the Atlanta Braves 3-1 on Saturday at Turner Field.
Quarterback Ryan Tannehill completed 15 of 19 passes for 115 yards and a touchdown to lead the host Dolphins to a victory.
ATLANTA — As homecomings go, it doesn’t get much better than this.
LAWRENCEVILLE — After dropping a game in the standings to Norfolk the night before, the Gwinnett Braves picked it back up on Saturday night.
A fan fell from the upper deck at Turner Field during Saturday's Atlanta Braves game against the New York Yankees.
All-In Futbol Club, a second-year soccer program based out of Sugar Hill’s Gary Pirkle Park, was chosen from all of Nike’s Southeastern clubs for a unique honor last week
ATHENS — With only one week left before the the table is set for ninth-ranked Georgia’s season-opening pregame meal, head coach Mark Richt still wasn’t positive which quarterback would take the first snap for the Bulldogs on Sept. 5.
EDISON, N.J. — PGA Championship winner Jason Day and Bae Sang-moon of South Korea fired matching scores of seven-under 63 in a Saturday shootout to share the third-round lead at The Barclays.
There’s a pretty good chance that Buford’s David Curry, a freshman at Georgia Tech, has earned some time on the field.
The Atlanta Falcons announced Saturday that they have agreed to terms with wide receiver Julio Jones on a five-year contract extension.
Martin Toribio played the role of facilitator on Friday evening as he contributed to both goals to lead the 13th-ranked Georgia Gwinnett men’s soccer team to a 2-1 victory over LSU Alexandria
The debut of Chris Kouns as Georgia Gwinnett College women's soccer coach went well Friday night
The New York Yankees' previously sluggish offense got a big-time boost from an unexpected source Friday night.
A pair of big innings early on spelled the difference in this International League South Division showdown as Norfolk ran away with a 10-2 win over Gwinnett Friday night
- Excitement builds as Discovery football debut approaches
- Sheltons form impressive coaching tandem for GAC volleyball | PHOTOS
- Georgia Sports Writers Association High School Football Poll
- DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Central Gwinnett's Nigel Adams
- OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Parkview's Jack Chambers
- Duluth softball tops Mountain View
- Norcross' Maloof wins Atlanta Falcons award
- POST PATTERNS: Archer's Bearden worth the wait
- FANS CHOICE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Candidate Profiles
- FANS CHOICE FALL ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Candidate Profiles
- Marlins crush Braves 7-1
- G-Braves lose series finale at Durham
- Falcons reach injury settlement with Konz
- Durham Bulls edge Gwinnett Braves in series opener
- Shelby Miller's tough luck continues in Braves loss to Marlins
- Atlanta Braves trade Jonny Gomes to Royals for young shortstop, cash
- Georgia Swarm sign two players, announce assistant coach
- Falcons cut defensive back Mincy
- U.S. Open's leading men cheering for Serena Slam when play begins Monday
- Former Georgia Bulldog Harman records two hole-in-ones in one PGA Tour round
- Five key questions for Georgia Tech entering Thursday's season opener
- UGA football names Virginia transfer Greyson Lambert starter at quarterback
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets' top NFL Draft-eligible prospects
- Georgia Bulldogs' top NFL Draft-eligible prospects
- Buford’s Curry near top of Tech depth chart
- Toribio leads GGC men's soccer to another win
- Chris Kouns' debut as Georgia Gwinnett College coach a success
- Georgia State and Army football announce home-and-home
- Tech still sorting out receiver situation
- FSU running back Cook, accused of punching woman, found not guilty
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: You Know You're a Bulldog When
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: Best Dressed Dawg
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: Student-athletes are back and so am I! 3 comments
- BUCK'S BYTES: Internet, TV gave soccer path to victory 1 comment
- WILL'S WORLD: Friday's matchups will reveal plenty
- WILL'S WORLD: Don't forget about Parkview 2 comments
- WILL'S WORLD: Boyd and the Milton saga
- WILL'S WORLD: Football tab time
- THE BLITZ: Questions and some answers for the season
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Final thoughts and retrospective
- Archer wins Class AAAAAA wrestling duals
- Collins Hill's Tyler Henderson
- RAW VIDEO: Norcross head coach Keith Maloof