Top Sports stories
Archer’s nationally-ranked wrestling team is what you might call well-traveled, having already faced fellow powerhouses in places like Missouri and Pennsylvania this season. So when it comes to competing in its own backyard, you won’t find much trepidation in the eyes of the Tigers.
Collins Hill captures 16th straight area traditional style title by winning at 7-AAAAAA
A look at Saturday’s prep action
Yellow Jackets lose to N.C. State at buzzer in overtime
Jackets fall at buzzer in overtime
Sindarius Thornwell had 10 points, four assists and three steals and the South Carolina played some terrific defense to beat undermanned Georgia 67-50 on Saturday.
Center Al Horford scored nine of his 23 points in the fourth quarter to send the Atlanta Hawks to their 19th consecutive victory, a 91-85 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday at Philips Arena.
After suffering a 6-4 setback in Saturday’s first game, junior pitcher Sheldon Connor picked up the slack in impressive fashion, tossing six innings without allowing an earned run as the Georgia Gwinnett baseball team secured an opening series victory over visiting Blue Mountain with a 13-3 win at Grizzly Baseball Complex.
Kent Patterson made a whopping 40 saves in the win
The top-ranked Georgia Gwinnett men’s tennis team extended its winning streak out to 24 consecutive matches with another memorable victory on Saturday as the Grizzlies shutout visiting Citadel in 9-0 fashion at GGC Tennis Facility.
The Daily Post’s rankings of the hottest high school basketball teams of the moment
Saturday football is coming to Gwinnett County.
High school basketball standings for Gwinnett teams in Regions 8-AAAAAA and 7-AAAAAA
Mill Creek senior Zane Rimmer will run cross country and track and field for Piedmont
Parkview defeated Buford in a rifle match on Thursday
Senior posted a double-double in Archer’s region victory over Central Gwinnett
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Tiger Woods, making his 2015 PGA Tour debut, struggled from the outset in shooting a 2-over-par 73 Thursday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdal
ATLANTA — The streaking Atlanta Hawks may not have a superstar, but they’re not lacking in all-stars. In fact they have three – more than any other NBA team.
CHANDLER, Ariz. — Quarterback Tom Brady said the New England Patriots are practicing great, knowing the margin for error against the Seattle Seahawks is miniscule.
A large group of retired football coaches, most with ties to Gwinnett and DeKalb, enjoy the fellowship of monthly breakfasts in Lawrenceville
PHOENIX — Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is days away from possibly winning another Super Bowl and being named a head coach for the first time.
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Looking to avenge their 1-0 loss to the Indy Fuel on January 19th, the Gladiators played another tight, tough game against the Fuel, ultimately falling 3-2 in OT on Wednesday night.
ATLANTA — Forward Paul Millsap scored 28 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to help the Atlanta Hawks to their 17th consecutive victory, a 113-102 win over the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday
Jerian Grant finished with 23 points, a career-high 12 assists, six rebounds, three steals and two blocks as the No. 8 Notre Dame rallied from a 10-point second-half deficit to defeat visiting No. 4 Duke 77-73.
The Chattahoochee Tech men’s basketball program has provided the place for Mill Creek grad Zach Landis to rekindle his college basketball career
- Special basketball season for Mill Creek's Madison, Ashley Phillips
- Tough wins help Collins Hill extend area traditional wrestling title streak
- Johnson, Norcross defeat Mill Creek in girls basketball
- Norcross holds onto top 7-AAAAAA boys basketball spot with win over Mill Creek
- Ofodile a big presence as Duluth boys basketball runs past Collins Hill
- PREP ROUNDUP: Iceis Walker becomes first Mountain View player to 1,000 points
- Parkview girls win battle of the big cats against Archer | PHOTOS
- Fans Choice Girls Hoops Player of the Week: GAC's Caeden Price
- Boyd embracing leadership role with rejiggered Spartans
- Getting To Know ... Aimee Walthall
- Gladiators surge past Evansville
- Falcons reportedly will name Quinn coach on Tuesday
- Braves trade Hale, Schlosser for a pair of Rockies catchers
- Struggles on power play lead to Gladiators' loss to Evansville
- Atlanta Hawks use big fourth quarter to top Portland
- New Falcons stadium to feature groundbreaking, circular LED board
- Atlanta Falcons lock in radio deal with 92.9 The Game
- Soaring Hawks land three All-Star spots
- It’s the best of times for Seahawks’ Quinn
- Gladiators lose in OT to Indy
- Connor leads Grizzlies past Blue Mountain in series finale
- Grizzlies dominate Citadel in mens tennis
- More disappointment for Tech, Bolden in OT loss to N.C. State
- Top-ranked GGC women's tennis team kicks off season with win
- Georgia Gwinnett College men's tennis opens with 23rd straight win
- Watlington sets record in Georgia Gwinnett College baseball's opening win | PHOTOS
- Revamped Grizzlies aim for World Series return
- Post-graduate prep football team moving to Sugar Hill
- College Basketball Roundup: No. 8 Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 4 Duke
- HAMMOCK: Mill Creek grad Landis restarts college basketball career at 23
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: You Know You're a Bulldog When
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: Best Dressed Dawg
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: Student-athletes are back and so am I! 3 comments
- BUCK'S BYTES: Internet, TV gave soccer path to victory 1 comment
- WILL'S WORLD: Friday's matchups will reveal plenty
- WILL'S WORLD: Don't forget about Parkview 2 comments
- WILL'S WORLD: Boyd and the Milton saga
- WILL'S WORLD: Football tab time
- THE BLITZ: Questions and some answers for the season
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Final thoughts and retrospective
- Archer wins Class AAAAAA wrestling duals
- Collins Hill's Tyler Henderson
- RAW VIDEO: Norcross head coach Keith Maloof