Top Sports stories
Braves right-hander coming off Tommy John surgery
Georgia native James Williams is the head athletic trainer at Georgia Gwinnett College, which just completed its first full season of athletic competition.. In this installment of "Getting to Know ...", Williams talks to staff writer Christine Troyke about a variety of topics, including working with Auburn's powerful swim and
ATHENS -- Both coach and player just shook their heads.. For the third day the same troubles plagued Emilie Burger as she fell further on the leaderboard at the NCAA Women's Championships on Thursday. Like her first two rounds, the putts ran by the edge of the cup and one
Buford, GAC and Mill Creek grads still alive in NCAA Super Regional play this week
LAWRENCEVILLE -- Former Georgia Tech star Brandon Boggs hit a go-ahead two-run homer in the bottom of the sixth inning and the bullpen made it stand up as the Gwinnett Braves rallied to knock off Toledo 7-5 at Coolray Field.. Boggs, who was a fourth-round pick in
ATHENS -- Low scores were hard to find Thursday afternoon as sunny skies dried out the University of Georgia Golf Course. It took until the final two holes for Annie Park to find any.. The Southern Cal freshman finished birdie-birdie in the last group on the back-to-back
The Braves don't want to rush pitching prospect Alex Wood. But they may not have a choice unless general manager Frank Wren can find a capable left-handed reliever.. With the losses of Eric O'Flaherty and Jonny Venters to Tommy John surgery, Luis Avilan is the only lefty in the
Gol Soccer Academy to offer more opportunities for local players
Central Alabama competing for national title this weekend in Colorado
Sophomore helped Anderson's softball team to best season ever this spring
Collins Hill grad Amanda Winslow has become of the nation's top college runners at Florida State.
The College Football Hall of Fame will open in downtown Atlanta in August 2014.
By the time Emilie Burger hit the course for her second round Wednesday, she knew low scores were possible at her home course.
A look at the stats and trends for the county's high school programs and their typically large haul of team state championships
It didn't take long to forget Tuesday's personal record. A day after a freshman from San Diego State put her team atop the leaderboard at the NCAA Women's Golf Championship, another West Coast team did it's own record setting.
Before his demotion to Class AA last season, it was easy to find Joey Terdoslavich after a game.
Evan Gattis sent Tuesday night's game into extra innings with a two-out pinch-homer in the ninth inning. On Wednesday, Atlanta's improbable rookie slugger made sure that no late-game dramatics would be needed.
Mill Creek dominates All-Region 7-AAAAAA baseball team
A.J. Murray and Mott Hyde slammed back-to-back home runs with two outs in the ninth inning as Georgia Tech rallied to stun No. 7 Florida State 4-3 on Wednesday in the ACC Championship in Durham, N.C.
Club also honors community members for service to the sport
Gwinnett's best in girls lacrosse honored in banquet
Rent checks from Julio Jones, Christopher Owens stolen and re-cashed.
The Falcons will soon have a new home, after NFL owners approved a $200 million loan.
ATLANTA -- Freddie Freeman's two-out single in the 10th inning scored Jason Heyward with the winning run, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Minnesota Twins 5-4 Tuesday.. Heyward doubled to the opposite field against lefty Brian Duensing (0-1), who intentionally walked Justin Upton to set up a force play
For the second time in three years, the Cleveland Cavaliers will have the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft.
- Collins Hill's Pulliam signs letter of intent
- GSA, TYSA team up for new soccer academy
- Parkview's Schmid named academic All-American
- HAMMOCK: Another big state title year for Gwinnett
- Mill Creek dominates All-Region 7-AAAAAA baseball team
- Coaches announce girls lacrosse all-county honors
- First-inning outburst helps Milton end Parkview's title reign
- Locals fare well on Hurricane Junior Golf Tour
- 'Prep Rally' to feature soccer championships
- Mill Creek announces additional baseball signees
- Former Tech star Boggs leads G-Braves to win
- Braves' Gattis reaching folk hero status
- Is the time right to call on Wood?
- Beachy scheduled for Friday rehab start in Gwinnett
- Wesleyan grad Armstrong makes final Dream roster
- HR slugger Gartrell returns to G-Braves
- Hard work has Terdoslavich shining after struggles in 2012 1 comment
- Gattis powers hot Braves to win
- Cops: Man stole, cashed checks written by Falcons players
- Falcons get $200 million loan for new stadium 1 comment
- Southern Cal freshman charges into first
- Georgia golfer will play final amateur round today
- Gwinnett products pushing for Women's College World Series berth
- Getting to Know ... James Williams
- College Football HOF to bring exciting fan experience
- Bad hole sinks Burger's round at NCAA tournament
- Record day puts USC in control at NCAA golf
- Tech stuns FSU with back-to-back homers in 9th
- Despite 'nerves' Burger upbeat at NCAA golf tourney
- Columbus State's Lewis, Pullen honored by Peach Belt
- BUCK'S BYTES: Internet, TV gave soccer path to victory 1 comment
- WILL'S WORLD: Friday's matchups will reveal plenty
- WILL'S WORLD: Don't forget about Parkview 2 comments
- WILL'S WORLD: Boyd and the Milton saga
- WILL'S WORLD: Football tab time
- THE BLITZ: Questions and some answers for the season
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Final thoughts and retrospective
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Tower of London
- WILL'S WORLD: GAC, Mill Creek lose QBs already
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Underwater Mixed Martial Arts
- TALKIN' SPORTS: Soccer Superlatives
- Jose Guifarro's emotional soccer goal
- TALKIN' HOOPS: Season superlatives