Top Sports stories
Dacula Falcons vs. Central Gwinnett basketball
Archer took a lead in the third quarter and withstood a late push from Brookwood to defeat the Broncos 53-48. The loss was Brookwood’s first of the season.
Norcross grad scores 11 in win over Hawks
Jeremy Lamb was traded on the eve of opening night a year ago and spent part of his rookie season demoted to the NBA Development League.
Norcross stayed undefeated in Region 7-AAAAAA play, but barely, as it beat Mountain View 59-54 in overtime on Tuesday.
A roundup of last weekend’s high school swimming and diving meets, including the annual Clody Invitational
Grayson had 12 wrestlers place, including four tournament champions to win the Hoya Invitational at Harrison on Saturday.
The Wolves are back in the state championship and will take on Washington County on Friday at 5:30 p.m. in the Georgia Dome.
Shortstop hit over .300 as a sophomore for the Panthers
With three games to play this season, the Atlanta Falcons are trying to find out if their 2013 draft class will be part of the solution moving into the offseason.
Senior school’s first all-american honoree
Purchases can be made during school hours at both high schools
Bobby Cox, Tony La Russa and Joe Torre were elected by the Expansion Era committee on Monday. All were unanimous selections by the 16-member committee.
Buford, Norcross, North Gwinnett advance to state championship games.
Annual SEC-ACC showdown planned for typical Dec. 31 slot
Yellow Jackets, in a bowl for the 17th consecutive season, accept bid to Music City Bowl
UGA's New Year's Day opponent will be Nebraska
The Packers, who were 0-4-1 since Rodgers sustained a broken collarbone, rallied from a 21-10 halftime deficit to beat the Atlanta Falcons 22-21 at Lambeau Field.
Jon Gruden told ESPN that he will remain with the network as an analyst through at least the 2014 season.
The BCS committee announced Sunday night that the No. 1 Seminoles (13-0) -- the last remaining unbeaten program in the FBS -- will face No. 2 Auburn (12-1) in the final BCS National Championship game on Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif., before college football moves to a four-team playoff in 2014.
The complete 2013-14 college football bowl schedule.
Connor Cook threw for a career-high 304 yards and three touchdowns as the Spartans halted the Buckeyes' BCS-high 24-game winning streak in the Big Ten title game at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
A look at Saturday’s Gwinnett prep action
Mason’s big day prompts Heisman talk, and other notes from Saturday’s SEC Championship Game
Auburn didn’t need a late miracle this time. A record performance from Tre Mason was enough to cap a stunning worst-to-first run to the Southeastern Conference title in Gus Malzahn’s first year as coach.
Gwinnett trio relish roles in Auburn’s SEC championship
- PREP ROUNDUP: Norcross girls edge Mountain View in OT
- Young combines intellectual, physical approaches as North defensive leader
- SWIM/DIVE ROUNDUP: Wesleyan swims to sweep of West Forsyth
- 'Prep Rally' to feature state semifinal football
- Four Dacula Elementary students to compete at Atlanta Falcons game in NFL Punt, Pass and Kick event
- Parkview junior Deas commits to Auburn baseball program
- Lanier's Courseys sign with GCSU softball
- Old Suwanee Christian takes second in Florida basketball tourney
- Norcross, North Gwinnett to sell state title football tickets at school
- THE BLITZ: Who do you pick — North or Norcross?
- Lamb now making noise with Thunder
- Youth movement in full bloom in Atlanta
- Gladiators' Laliberte, Lefebvre move on
- Former Atlanta Braves manager Bobby Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Packers rally to beat Falcons without Rodgers
- Jon Gruden staying put at ESPN
- Korver sets 3 record in Hawks win
- Gladiators sign former NHLer Laliberte
- Gladiators battle each other in preparation for opposition
- Nobis receives lifetime achievement honor
- GGC's Enang named NAIA All-American
- Report: Texas' Mack Brown to step down; Brown responds
- Three Gwinnett grads named to AP All-SEC Team
- Buford's Davis named ACC Rookie of the Week for Georgia Tech
- Chick-fil-A Bowl to feature Duke-Texas A&M matchup
- Georgia Tech to face Ole Miss in bowl
- Bulldogs headed back to Jacksonville for bowl game
- Auburn and Florida State to play in final BCS title game
- College football bowl schedule
- Michigan State beats No. 2 Ohio State, shakes up BCS
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: You Know You're a Bulldog When
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: Best Dressed Dawg
- A VIEW FROM THE COUCH: Student-athletes are back and so am I! 3 comments
- BUCK'S BYTES: Internet, TV gave soccer path to victory 1 comment
- WILL'S WORLD: Friday's matchups will reveal plenty
- WILL'S WORLD: Don't forget about Parkview 2 comments
- WILL'S WORLD: Boyd and the Milton saga
- WILL'S WORLD: Football tab time
- THE BLITZ: Questions and some answers for the season
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Final thoughts and retrospective
- TALKIN' FOOTBALL: State semifinals
- HIGHLIGHTS: Dacula vs. Colquitt County Football
- TALKIN' FOOTBALL: State quarterfinals