Top Sports stories
After falling to Harrison 2-1 (4-1 on penalty kicks) back on April 13, Parkview's girls soccer team got even with a win by the identical scores in the Class AAAAAA state championship game Saturday.
Facing a three-goal halftime deficit in the Class AA girls soccer championship game, Greater Atlanta Christian knew the task was tall if the Spartans were going to repeat as state champions.
Both Hebron Christian and Paideia showed plenty of resiliency in their Class A (Private) state boys soccer championship match. Unfortunately for the Lions, the Pythons showed their mettle at the more opportune time.
Locals to compete for state titles Monday at courses around the state
A strength going into the season, the Atlanta bullpen is now very much a concern.. Eric O'Flaherty, diagnosed with an ulnar collateral ligament tear on Saturday, is likely headed to Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery two days after the Braves lost fellow left-hander Jonny Venters for the same reason
LAWRENCEVILLE -- Having a prominent Atlanta Brave rehabbing at Coolray Field hasn't paid off in a victory for Gwinnett yet this season.. Brandon Beachy will try to break that streak.. The right-hander, coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery, will start and pitch three innings today as the G
ATLANTA -- Pinch hitter Evan Gattis drilled a long two-run homer with two outs in the eighth inning to lift the Atlanta Braves to a 3-1 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday at Turner Field.. The rookie worked the count to 2-and-2 against reliever Kenley
Luna, Lancaster tally goals in Silverbacks' 2-0 victory.
Spartans going for back-to-back state girls soccer titles.
Hood, McCoy come through for Parkview during playoff run
Parkview girls looking forward to rematch with Harrison
Teams, coaches in Class AAAAAA title game have opposite levels of playoff experience
Seniors post huge seasons for high-scoring Cougars
ATLANTA -- The Gwinnett Braves gave out Brandon Beach bobbleheads earlier this season. Now Coolray Field fans will get to see the right-hander pitch.. Beachy, on schedule to return to the Atlanta rotation in the second half of June, will officially begin his 30-day minor league rehab assignment
Silverbacks Sports Center to host games
Mill Creek graduate Georgia's lone qualifier in home event.
Omar Poveda worked eight strong innings and was backed up by an 11-hit attack as the Gwinnett Braves held off the Pawtucket Red Sox 6-4 on Thursday.
Left-hander had same surgery in 2005 and bounced back
All-star catcher hopes to boost Atlanta's offense for the remainder of the season
Gwinnett back up to six active major leaguers at the moment
Bond Crosby was promoted to head baseball coach from assistant at Meadowcreek a few weeks ago and is also an assistant with the football program.
Central Gwinnett, Berkmar, Grayson have new ADs; Duluth still seeking one
Mill Creek's track and field program took the top honors at the Gwinnett County track and field banquet on Thursday at Collins Hill.
- Sectional format toughens state golf championships
- GAC girls can't overcome 3-0 deficit in state finals
- Late rally lifts Paideia past Hebron boys on PKs
- Berkmar wins boys soccer state title over Collins Hill
- Big saves in regulation, PKs lift Parkview girls to state title
- Gwinnett soccer teams sweep Class AAAAAA titles
- Hamilton Mill honors college-bound junior golfers
- Georgia Dugout Club to host local Elite 80 softball showcase
- Johnson signs with UGA gymnastics
- Hebron boys look for historic win vs. Paideia
- G-Braves look for a lift from Beachy
- Loss of O'Flaherty another blow to Braves
- Braves homer past Dodgers
- Silverbacks close in on first with win over RailHawks
- Beachy to start for G-Braves on Sunday
- G-Braves back up Poveda, win again
- Braves' Venters undergoes second Tommy John surgery 1 comment
- Braves' McCann healthy and hitting 1 comment
- Locals Blackmon, McHugh get called back to majors
- Donovan missing, but Brookwood's Johnson on U.S. roster for upcoming qualifiers
- Columbus State's Lewis, Pullen honored by Peach Belt
- Eck breaks Wofford saves record
- SEC, ESPN announce 20-year TV deal
- GWINNETT GRADS: Gwinnett seniors lead the way for Columbus State baseball
- Atlanta lands spot in college football playoff rotation
- Louisville's Russ Smith skipping NBA to return to school
- Atlanta may host the College Football Playoff
- Nation's top pitching team stops GGC baseball
- Providence grad Shealy takes fifth at NCAA beam finals
- Grizzlies' rally falls short at Southern Poly
- BUCK'S BYTES: Internet, TV gave soccer path to victory 1 comment
- WILL'S WORLD: Friday's matchups will reveal plenty
- WILL'S WORLD: Don't forget about Parkview 2 comments
- WILL'S WORLD: Boyd and the Milton saga
- WILL'S WORLD: Football tab time
- THE BLITZ: Questions and some answers for the season
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Final thoughts and retrospective
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Tower of London
- WILL'S WORLD: GAC, Mill Creek lose QBs already
- LOCAL IN LONDON: Underwater Mixed Martial Arts