Enrollment in U.S. preschools stalled over the past year as states recovering from the recent recession struggle to fund early education for the nation's youngest students.
Boeing Co. said it was confident that a piece of aircraft, found wedged between two buildings in lower Manhattan recently, came from one of two airplanes that struck the Twin Towers on September 11, 2001.
Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been moved to a prison at Fort Devens, Massachusetts, from the hospital where he had been held since his arrest a week ago.
George W. Bush basked in warm praise from President Barack Obama and three fellow former U.S. presidents on Thursday as Bush's library was dedicated in a ceremony that emphasized his resolute response to terrorism while skirting controversies such as his decision to invade Iraq.
Rhode Island was set to become the 10th U.S. state to extend marriage rights to same-sex couples after the state Senate approved a gay marriage bill on Wednesday, in a major victory for gay rights activists.. The state House had approved a similar measure in January, but the bill
The United States will put into circulation a newly designed $100 bill in October that aims to thwart counterfeiters with advanced security features, the Federal Reserve said on Wednesday.
U.S. lawmakers grilled top security officials about the handling of the Boston Marathon bombing investigation.
A top Obama administration official said on Tuesday that an immigration bill starting to move through Congress would fix some border control weaknesses that may have contributed to last week's Boston Marathon bombings.
An Associated Press spokesman told Reuters on Tuesday that an AP Twitter message reporting two explosions in the White House was "bogus."
Poisoned by a rival fan in 2010, the iconic oaks are being cut this morning, university officials say.
A decision to charge the Boston Marathon bombing suspect in a civilian rather than a military court means he will face the same legal process as other federal criminal defendants in U.S. courts.
Hundreds of mourners crowded outside a suburban Boston church on Monday for the first of a series of funerals for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing.
Canadian police have charged two people with an al Qaeda-linked plot to "carry out a terrorist attack" against a passenger train.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration warned on Monday that air travelers should expect "wide-ranging delays" because of staffing cuts at air-traffic control facilities, and the agency is using traffic management plans at airports around the country to address the problem.
A U.S. soldier on Monday pleaded guilty to murder for shooting dead five fellow servicemen at a military counseling center in Iraq in a plea deal with military prosecutors to avoid the death penalty.
- Students bitten by fox on Ga. playground 1 comment
- Falcons get $200 million loan for new stadium 1 comment
- Group wants atheist books alongside Bibles In Ga. state parks 7 comments
- As thunder rumbles, Obama gives keynote address in Atlanta 5 comments
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Court battle looms over Bibles in Georgia state park cabins 7 comments
- Little Richard's boyhood home in Ga. spared from demolition 1 comment
- Missouri man killed crossing I-75 in Clayton
- Ga. number two for identity theft 2 comments
- Newnan man found guilty of killing infant son
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Restaurant coming to Covington sharing name with 'Vampire Diaries' eatery 1 comment
- Post office reports record loss of $15.9B for year 11 comments
- BP to pay US billions for Gulf spill 4 comments
- Home Depot sees signs of improving housing market 2 comments
- Coca-Cola halts ties to conservative law drafters 3 comments
- Haverty Furniture 1Q sales rise 5.7 percent 1 comment
- Carmike says 1Q ticket sales, admissions jumped 1 comment
- Average gas price increases 12 cents in Georgia 10 comments
- Georgia’s jobless rate decreases to 9.7 percent in December 2 comments
- BUCK'S BYTES: Android ecosystem put on notice
- BUCK'S BYTES: Ride a pioneer in more ways than we knew
- BUCK'S BYTES: Health care law should be seen as the good policy it is
- BUCK'S BYTES: Newt's big idea has big problems