HERSHEY, Pa. -- Demolition crews are clearing the last remnants from the Hershey Co. site where the famous chocolate maker gave candy lovers their first Kiss more than 100 years ago.. A new occupant will be moving into the 24-acre property on East Chocolate Avenue in Hershey, Pa., where
WASHINGTON -- The United States believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria, CNN reported on Friday, citing two unnamed U.S. officials.. CNN quoted the officials as saying Israel most likely conducted the strike "in the Thursday-Friday time frame" and that Israel's warplanes did not enter Syrian airspace.. It
OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A school in perpetually wet Washington state is taking a novel twist on the classical snow day, welcoming in the warm air and blue skies of spring on Friday with a rare break from classes it is dubbing a "sun day.". The idea, said Bob Sampson
WASHINGTON -- As the Senate gets ready to debate the details of a broad U.S. immigration bill, a group of House of Representatives lawmakers is still struggling to write its own legislation, hung up in part over guest worker programs sought by businesses.. Programs allowing employers in high-tech, agriculture
HOUSTON -- President Barack Obama and national media are demonizing law-abiding gun owners in the wake of recent violent acts, National Rifle Association leaders and political allies said Friday at its first convention since the Connecticut school massacre.. "Our freedom is under attack like never before," said Chris
The Coast Guard reopened a stretch of the Mississippi River near Hartford, Ill., early Friday as the waterway was deemed safe for navigation following a vessel accident and oil spill near the confluence with the Missouri River.
WASHINGTON — Employment rose faster than expected in April and hiring was much stronger than previously thought in the prior two months, a sign of resilience that should help the economy bear the blow from belt-tightening in Washington.
AUSTIN, Texas -- Tens of thousands of National Rifle Association members gather in Houston this weekend for the first time since the U.S. Senate rejected a plan to expand background checks for gun buyers, but NRA officials said attendees would not sit back to celebrate victory.. "We view it as
Warren Buffett is an avowed avoider of high technology, but even the world's most famous investor cannot dodge Twitter.
The NCAA has banned the use of Twitter hashtags on college football fields in an attempt to stop a phenomenon before it spins out of control.
The number of Americans filing new jobless benefits claims fell sharply last week to its lowest level since the early days of the 2007-09 recession, a sign the job market is still healing even though the economy remains weak.
A 2-year-old girl was accidentally shot and killed by her 5-year-old brother with a rifle he received as a birthday gift, Kentucky authorities said on Wednesday.
U.S. authorities on Wednesday charged three men with interfering with the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombing, saying they hid fireworks and a backpack belonging to one of the suspected bombers as a manhunt was under way.
Country music singer Jason Aldean has filed for divorce from his wife and high-school sweetheart Jessica Ussery, seven months after photographers caught the singer kissing a former "American Idol" contestant at a Los Angeles bar.
Enrollment in U.S. preschools stalled over the past year as states recovering from the recent recession struggle to fund early education for the nation's youngest students.
- Students bitten by fox on Ga. playground 1 comment
- Falcons get $200 million loan for new stadium 1 comment
- Group wants atheist books alongside Bibles In Ga. state parks 6 comments
- As thunder rumbles, Obama gives keynote address in Atlanta 5 comments
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Court battle looms over Bibles in Georgia state park cabins 7 comments
- Little Richard's boyhood home in Ga. spared from demolition 1 comment
- Missouri man killed crossing I-75 in Clayton
- Ga. number two for identity theft 2 comments
- Newnan man found guilty of killing infant son
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Restaurant coming to Covington sharing name with 'Vampire Diaries' eatery 1 comment
- Post office reports record loss of $15.9B for year 11 comments
- BP to pay US billions for Gulf spill 4 comments
- Home Depot sees signs of improving housing market 2 comments
- Coca-Cola halts ties to conservative law drafters 3 comments
- Haverty Furniture 1Q sales rise 5.7 percent 1 comment
- Carmike says 1Q ticket sales, admissions jumped 1 comment
- Average gas price increases 12 cents in Georgia 10 comments
- Georgia’s jobless rate decreases to 9.7 percent in December 2 comments
- BUCK'S BYTES: Android ecosystem put on notice
- BUCK'S BYTES: Ride a pioneer in more ways than we knew
- BUCK'S BYTES: Health care law should be seen as the good policy it is
- BUCK'S BYTES: Newt's big idea has big problems