From the Lower Ninth Ward to the Super Dome, New Orleans launched a day of events on Saturday to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, paying tribute to its victims and homage to the city’s resilience in the face of disaster.
Reporter and cameraman killed while conducting an interview for a fetaure segment for a morning news show.
Gwinnett Daily Post’s Political Notebook for Aug. 23, 2015.
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said on Thursday he will start radiation treatment for cancer on his brain later in the day.
Bond died from undisclosed causes Saturday in Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.
U.S. civil rights leader and former head of the NAACP Julian Bond, who also held elected office in Georgia for two decades, died on Saturday aged 75.
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said on Wednesday that recent liver surgery revealed he had cancer that had spread to other parts of his body.
Police say it was not clear where the shots came from and whether anyone was injured.
Frank Gifford, a star on the football field for the New York Giants and later a star in the broadcasting booth with the “Monday Night Football” team that helped popularize the NFL, died on Sunday at age 84, his family said.
Police in Nashville, Tennessee, responded on Wednesday to a report of a person with a gun at a movie theater.
Gwinnett Daily Post’s Political Notebook for July 30, 2015.
Gwinnett Daily Post’s Political Notebook for Sunday, July 19, 2015.
Gwinnett Daily Post’s Political Notebook for July 16, 2016.
Gwinnett Daily Post’s political notebook for July 12, 2015.
Gwinnett Daily Post’s Political Notebook for July 9, 2015.
Gwinnett Daily Post’s Political Notebook for Sunday, July 5, 2015.
- First Georgia Milestones results due out this week
- Fan who died after falling from upper deck at Turner Field during Braves game ID'd
- Law enforcement getting head start on Labor Day DUI crackdown
- Georgia Tech investigating fraternity's alleged racist taunts
- No suspect identified in shooting death of Georgia university student
- Tropical Storm Erika lashes Caribbean islands and heads for Florida | PHOTOS
- GDOT expects weekend delays on I-85 during surveying work
- Former President Jimmy Carter says cancer has spread to brain
- GaDOE seeks input on science, social studies standards
- UGA new faculty tour coming to Gwinnett
- USA Television, Maxair Media acquire California TV stations
- Georgia gas prices up a nickel in last week
- Metro unemployment rate hits 8 percent
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia