The announcement is planned for 4:30 p.m. at the White House
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will remain on the job until a successor is chosen.
A toddler found submerged in a tank of baptismal water in an Alabama church died of accidental drowning, the local coroner said on Monday.
The United States and partner nations are carrying out the first air strikes against Islamic State targets in Syria, the Pentagon said on Monday, in ongoing operations that mark the opening of a new, far more complicated front in a battle against the militants.
Apple said it sold more than 10 million iPhones in the first weekend after its new models went on sale on Friday, underscoring strong demand for phones with larger displays.
U.S. Senators Chambliss and Isakson issued statements following President Obama’s Sept. 10 speech.
President Barack Obama told Americans on Wednesday he had authorized U.S. air strikes for the first time in Syria and more attacks in Iraq in a broad escalation of a campaign against the Islamic State militant group.
Apple is giving away U2's new album, "Songs of Innocence," for free on its iTunes store through Oct. 13.
Apple unveiled the "Apple Watch" alongside two new iPhones with sharper and larger displays on Tuesday, calling the wearable device the next chapter in its history.
Joan Rivers has died at the age of 81, her daughter said in a statement. She had been in a New York hospital recovering from complications during a recent surgery.
A newly discovered asteroid will pass "very close" to Earth on Sunday, NASA says.
Season 19 will premiere September 15 on ABC
The new season of "Dancing With the Stars" will feature a "Duck Dynasty" star, a race car driver and one half of the comedy duo Cheech and Chong.
George Birnbaum, former chief of staff to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, was the guest speaker at the Sept. 4 Gwinnett Tea Party meeting.
Justin Bieber was arrested on assault and dangerous driving charges stemming from an alleged fight after his ATV collided with a mini-van in Canada Friday, a police spokesman told CNN Tuesday.
Kraft Foods said on Friday it is voluntarily recalling 7,691 cases of some varieties of its Kraft American Singles as a precautionary measure after a supplier failed to store an ingredient correctly.
A 4-year-old boy was expelled from preschool because of his mom's Facebook post. The school says she was "sowing discord."
- Woman shoots dead mother of newborn in Georgia to steal her baby
- Prosecutors will not seek death penalty in hot-car death of Georgia toddler
- Ga. DOE seeks one-year delay for teacher evaluation consequences
- Georgia looks to bounce back at home against Troy
- Home Depot says 56 million card details likely stolen in breach
- State unemployment rate ticks upward
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Senate candidates tout support from former Presidents
- Kroger hiring 2,000 new employees in Georgia, South Carolina and eastern Alabama
- UPS to hire up to 95,000 temp workers for holiday season
- Gov. Deal announces all Georgia counties are 'Camera Ready'
- Metro unemployment rate hits 8 percent
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments