Auburn freshman football player Jakell Lenard Mitchell was shot and killed Sunday morning at an apartment complex near the Auburn University campus.
A burst of U.S. hiring in November — the most in nearly three years — added 321,000 jobs and provided the latest evidence that the United States is outperforming other economies throughout the developed world.
The flu vaccine may not be very effective this winter, according to U.S. health officials who worry this may lead to more serious illnesses and deaths.
Rolling Stones' saxophone player Bobby Keys, who also performed on recordings with John Lennon and Eric Clapton, has died at his home in Franklin, Tennessee. He was 70 years old.
After a busy holiday weekend in shopping malls, millions of Americans are expected to log on and keep shopping on the day dubbed Cyber Monday.
Police say an Ohio State football player who disappeared shortly after sending a text message about his concussions was found dead Sunday in a dumpster, apparently of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Flames engulfed at least a dozen businesses in Ferguson early Tuesday and gunfire kept firefighters at bay after protests over the decision not to indict a police officer in Michael Brown’s death turned violent.
Officer Darren Wilson will not be indicted in the August death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.
On Thursday, President Barack Obama announced plans to use executive action to address immigration.
Mike Nichols, the director of matchless versatility who brought fierce wit, caustic social commentary and wicked absurdity to such film, TV and stage hits as "The Graduate," ''Angels in America" and "Monty Python's Spamalot," has died. He was 83.
Florida State University police fatally shot a gunman at the campus library early Thursday in a shooting that left three students wounded as hundreds studying inside the library fled or took cover in panic.
op Republicans say two things are clear: Last year's government shutdown hurt the party. And Republicans must not let the president's pending immigration action bait them into a repeat.
Tim Cook said that while he never denied his sexuality, he never publicly acknowledged it. The executive said that for years he's been open with many people about his sexual orientation and that plenty of his Apple colleagues know he is gay.
The U.S. government is now urging owners of nearly 8 million cars and trucks to have the air bags repaired because of potential danger to drivers and passengers.
Stepping up their vigilance against Ebola, federal authorities said Wednesday that everyone traveling into the U.S. from Ebola-stricken nations will be monitored for symptoms for 21 days.
- Ebola, celebrity deaths tops for 2014 web searches in Georgia
- Unterman prefiles ‘Safe Harbor’ legislation
- Music producer Jermaine Dupri's Atlanta mansion in foreclosure
- Stomach virus prompts temporary closure of Newton Co. school
- Political activists call on Woodall to fight ‘executive amnesty’
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Senators react to release of CIA interrogation report
- State approves heavier planes at Gainesville airport
- Hall Co. Sheriff aims to equip deputies with body cameras
- 3 Georgia corrections officers sentenced in inmate beating
- Gwinnett lawmakers seeking minimum wage hike, HOPE equality
- Metro unemployment rate hits 8 percent
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Deal extends tax-free holiday weekends
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Georgia unemployment claims in January at lowest point since ‘06
- Georgia reaches record numbers in international trade
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Gov. Nathan Deal announces record job creation in Georgia
- Ga. 400 toll to end Friday
- Unemployment rate on the rise in June 4 comments