CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Venus and Jupiter, the two brightest planets in the sky this month, will be joined by tiny Mercury for a rare celestial show this weekend.. Typically, Venus, the second-closest planet to the sun, and Jupiter, which orbits beyond Mars, are tens of millions of miles
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Part of a four-lane freeway bridge over a river in a rural area north of Seattle collapsed on Thursday, sending vehicles and people into the frigid water below, authorities said.
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama outlined plans on Thursday to limit the use of U.S. drone strikes against extremists abroad and took steps aimed at breaking a deadlock on closing the Guantanamo Bay military prison.. In a major foreign policy speech after two weeks of fending off domestic scandals, Obama
CLEVELAND -- The man made famous for putting down his Big Mac to help free three women held captive for about a decade in a Cleveland house will never have to buy a hamburger in his hometown again.. More than two weeks after Charles Ramsey became an instant folk hero
ORLANDO, Fla. -- An 18-foot, 8-inch Burmese python set a record for the longest snake ever captured in South Florida, where the exotic species has taken up residence.. College student Jason Leon snared the female python in a rural area southeast of Miami earlier this month, when he
Emergency workers pulled more than 100 survivors from the rubble of homes, schools and a hospital in an Oklahoma town hit by a powerful tornado, and officials lowered the death toll from the storm to 24, including nine children.
REDMOND, Wash. -- Microsoft Corp. gave the world a first look at its new Xbox One on Tuesday, announcing that its first gaming console in eight years will come with exclusive video and software content, including a "Halo" series produced by Steven Spielberg.. The Xbox One, which will be available
A massive tornado tore through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore on Monday, killing at least 51 people with winds of up to 200 miles per hour that flattened entire tracts of homes, two schools and a hospital, leaving a wake of tangled wreckage.
WASHINGTON --The outgoing head of the Internal Revenue Service provided little help on Friday to lawmakers investigating who at the tax-collection agency was responsible for targeting conservative groups for extra scrutiny.. As Congress kicked off the first of several investigations into a scandal that has put President Barack Obama
WICHITA, Kan. -- Sometime this morning, a Pennsylvania high school student will be presented with the keys to a black Honda Civic just for going to a party after the school's annual prom dance.. In Roanoke, Va., one student will drive away next month with a new car and two
WASHINGTON -- Near-term U.S. deficits under President Barack Obama's 2014 budget plan would be higher than those forecast by the Congressional Budget Office this week but $1.1 trillion lower than what it estimates over the coming decade, CBO said on Friday.. After four straight years of $1 trillion-plus
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla., -- Back on Earth, Canadian astronaut and cyberspace tweeter Chris Hadfield is getting a rough re-introduction to gravity after a five-month stint aboard the International Space Station, the former commander told reporters during a video webcast from Houston.. Hadfield became a social media rock star
Six people were killed and seven are missing after tornadoes slammed into north-central Texas after dark, Hood County spokesman Tye Bell said on Thursday.
WASHINGTON -- Washington's top tax official was fired on Wednesday as President Barack Obama sought to stem a rising tide of criticism over the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative groups for special scrutiny.. Seeking to regain the initiative amid a series of controversies that have threatened his second-term
Trailblazing broadcast journalist Barbara Walters, known for her interviews with world leaders and celebrities and the first woman to co-anchor a U.S. evening news program, said on Monday she will retire in the summer of 2014.
- Students bitten by fox on Ga. playground 1 comment
- Falcons get $200 million loan for new stadium 1 comment
- Group wants atheist books alongside Bibles In Ga. state parks 7 comments
- As thunder rumbles, Obama gives keynote address in Atlanta 5 comments
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Court battle looms over Bibles in Georgia state park cabins 8 comments
- Little Richard's boyhood home in Ga. spared from demolition 1 comment
- Missouri man killed crossing I-75 in Clayton
- Ga. number two for identity theft 2 comments
- Newnan man found guilty of killing infant son
- Covington DDA approves loan for restaurant based on 'Vampire Diaries'
- Restaurant coming to Covington sharing name with 'Vampire Diaries' eatery 1 comment
- Post office reports record loss of $15.9B for year 11 comments
- BP to pay US billions for Gulf spill 4 comments
- Home Depot sees signs of improving housing market 2 comments
- Coca-Cola halts ties to conservative law drafters 3 comments
- Haverty Furniture 1Q sales rise 5.7 percent 1 comment
- Carmike says 1Q ticket sales, admissions jumped 1 comment
- Average gas price increases 12 cents in Georgia 10 comments
- Georgia’s jobless rate decreases to 9.7 percent in December 2 comments
- BUCK'S BYTES: Android ecosystem put on notice
- BUCK'S BYTES: Ride a pioneer in more ways than we knew
- BUCK'S BYTES: Health care law should be seen as the good policy it is
- BUCK'S BYTES: Newt's big idea has big problems