Former Commissioner Curtis McGill tells current board members the southern Gwinnett area needs attention.
Town hall session scheduled for Tuesday; group continues to protest congressman.
Rep. Brooks Coleman, the Duluth man who chairs the House Education Committee, says this is a "great budget year for schools systems."
Brief filed this week in the state Court of Appeals, calling for the second indictment against former Commissioner Kevin Kenerly to be thrown out.
Loganville Rep. Tom Kirby introduces state fair taxation act on final day of 2013 session.
Congressman Phil Gingrey enters the GOP race to replace U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss.
Vice Mayor Dan Curry announces he will run in a special election for mayor, called after the health-related resignation of Ray Nunley.
A Gwinnett lawmaker is working on a reciprocity law for driver's licenses.
Attorney: "I guess the moral of the story is if you're going to do something unlawful, make sure you do it as big and grand as possible so it's too painful to unwind"
Sen. Renee Unterman shepherds four bills through the Senate last week, including measures on regulating pain clinics, helping victims of human trafficking, leveling the HOPE playing field and helping park rangers. Yarbrough appointed to juvenile justice board.
Suwanee couple hopes to help a horseracing bill be presented to legislature next spring
The district attorney's office is investigating a former commissioner's expense reports.
Thompson encourages constituents to attend Thursday's express lanes expansion hearing; Clark welcomes his fifth child.
Georgia House passes bill to decrease the level of boating under the influence and increase boater education, after the death of local boys on Lake Lanier last year.
LAWRENCEVILLE -- Tony Powell is Snellville's city attorney again. Again.. During a Tuesday afternoon hearing, Gwinnett County Judge Timothy Hamil reversed Snellville Mayor Kelly Kautz's December decision to fire Powell as the city's counsel, saying its code of ordinances denied her the power to do so. Hamil also dismissed Powell
- Bob Barr seeks Congress seat 10 comments
- Gingrey announces run for Senate 7 comments
- Graves won't run for Chambliss' Senate seat 1 comment
- Broun says he wants automatic budget cuts to occur 19 comments
- Sen. Chambliss won't seek re-election 13 comments
- Meet the 2013 legislators 3 comments
- House re-elects Boehner speaker 4 comments
- 2 dead in bus crash into overpass at Miami airport 1 comment
- GOP in Ga. Senate nominates Shafer as new leader
- Balfour's ethics fine too weak, colleague says 4 comments
- Safety encouraged as pool season begins
- Volunteers receive pins, letter from president
- Gwinnett unemployment lowest since 2008 5 comments
- Greenway extension approved 1 comment
- Gwinnett names new fire chief 2 comments
- Officials expect delays due to work on I-985 1 comment
- High court rules in favor of bank in Suwanee foreclosure case
- Out to Lunch ... with Colin Rhoden
- Officials promote new alcohol consumption law in effect 2 comments
- Peachtree Corners buys land to avoid apartments
- Mountain View celebrates 'first class' graduation
- One of nation's youngest doctors graduates in Suwanee 2 comments
- Former Mill Creek principal offers farewell to graduates
- Wesleyan student competes next week in national bee
- District's largest senior class graduates
- Students, teachers say goodbye for the summer
- GCPS students graduate from 21 different schools
- Phoenix High graduation packs arts center 1 comment
- Several Gwinnett students get military appointments 4 comments
- School lunch menus for week of May 20