In recognition of National Hunger Awareness Day, U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson participated in a challenge to live for a week on $31.50 worth of food, which is the average weekly benefit for a food stamp recipient.
Commissioners Tommy Hunter and Lynette Howard spent Thursday afternoon trying to catch chickens in a Norcross neighborhood over-run by fowl.
Unterman, other lawmakers, write a letter to Georgia's U.S. senators; new party chair takes over.
People turn out for first Georgia Manufacturing Expo held Saturday at Gwinnett Center. Fifty companies were in attendance to show their locally manufactured goods.
Loganville lawyer steps down from Democratic Party; tea party group changes name.
Mayor of Lilburn forging informal sister city relationship with Kosovo town.
Johnson arranges for constituent sessions at Snellville City Hall; Heard recovering from heart surgery.
Leaders discuss potential November ballot initiative to continue a 1 percent sales tax for government capital projects.
Mike Berlon: "My goal is, and always has been, to unify Georgia Democrats"
Isakson demands answers from former IRS commissioners during hearing; Shafer, Unterman score high on business initiatives.
Members of the Asian-American Legal Advocacy Center speak out about governor's comments at the GOP convention about refugees.
Loganville attorney Mike Berlon was reprimanded by the Georgia Supreme Court in a disciplinary matter.
The roles of U.S. Rep. Rob Woodall and U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson in the aftermath of the IRS scandal; Karen Handel becomes fourth Senate candidate.
Karen Handel announced her candidacy for the U.S. Senate on Friday.
Peachtree Corners man BJ Van Gundy will seek the state GOP chairmanship at a convention this weekend; candidate expected to enter ongressional race
- Bob Barr seeks Congress seat 10 comments
- Gingrey announces run for Senate 7 comments
- Graves won't run for Chambliss' Senate seat 1 comment
- Broun says he wants automatic budget cuts to occur 19 comments
- Sen. Chambliss won't seek re-election 13 comments
- Meet the 2013 legislators 3 comments
- House re-elects Boehner speaker 4 comments
- 2 dead in bus crash into overpass at Miami airport 1 comment
- GOP in Ga. Senate nominates Shafer as new leader
- Balfour's ethics fine too weak, colleague says 4 comments
- Library board names interim director
- Grayson City Council sets public hearing dates for millage rate
- Dedication ceremony to remember fallen officer
- Library director fired without cause 7 comments
- Suwanee man sentenced for million dollar tax fraud 1 comment
- Suwanee to hold public hearing about budget 2 comments
- Library director's future uncertain 7 comments
- Drivers adjust to new interchange
- Gwinnett Police to hold job fair 2 comments
- First diverging-diamond interchange to change traffic in Gwinnett 4 comments
- GOOD NEWS: Top teacher named to nationwide Dream Team
- Student competes in National History Day contest
- GCPS could use local-made film in curriculum
- GCPS honored with Emmy Award
- Free class for kids teaches organic gardening
- School wins $100K grant for PE intiatives
- College receives threatening phone call
- GOOD NEWS: College-sponsored Merit Scholarship winners named
- Sweepstakes, program encourage reading 1 comment
- Parkview grad gets teaching award