Wilbanks made his annual remarks in a pre-General Assembly meeting with the lawmakers at the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse. In a presentation, he said he was in favor of Common Core standards in Georgia.
The group has entered into contracts with Gwinnett County and the City of Peachtree Corners for a total of $16 million for the sale of the 227-acre property.
An architect and historian believes that Little Mulberry Park is home to ruins of Melilot, a long-forgotten colony where European settlers coexisted peacefully with Native Americans.
The program provides discounts on prescription medications and other health services.
The department was honored by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada.
The purchase and sale agreement was approved by commissioners Tuesday night.
Two county employees who recently returned from active duty were recognized during the Nov. 18 Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners meeting.
The facility will be located in the Gwinnett County Government Annex Building.
Among contracts approved Tuesday was the $10.8 million Level Creek Park project.
Workforce retention has been an issue for several departments, particularly police and fire.
While an effort to bring a form of medical marijuana to Georgia garnered bipartisan support during the most recent legislative session, hurdles remain as lawmakers prepare to make another attempt at passing the legislation next year.
The Residential F.A.C.T. Home Safety Survey and Smoke Alarm Program aims to enhance the department’s fire risk reduction efforts in the community.
The developer has agreed to take apartments out of its plans near Eastside Medical Center, leading to a quick and seemingly non-controversial decision from the council.
County honored during Georgia Recreation and Park Association annual conference.
Rosanna Szabo has been Gwinnett’s solicitor-general since 2006, and Tuesday’s election made sure she’ll be back in office Jan. 1.
- Rep. Woodall snags committee seats
- U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson takes aim at grand jury process in police shootings
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Gwinnett Republicans to elect precinct officers
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Congressmen vote to prohibit funding for President’s immigration plan
- Hice: I’m not here to fight our party, I’m here to fight Obama
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Norcross man announces plans to challenge Woodall
- BOC adopts $1.42 billion budget for 2015
- WEB STORIES OF THE YEAR: Most-viewed stories on the Daily Post website in 2014
- STORIES OF THE YEAR: A look at Gwinnett's top headlines in 2014
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Budget vote, numerous political meetings scheduled for January
- Man tied to GGC public indecency also charged with series of ‘peeping Tom’ incidents
- Gwinnett Technical College names Instructor of the Year
- North Gwinnett’s Bramblett wins Media Clerk of the Year award
- Peachtree Elementary to use $4,000 donation for outdoor classroom
- Couple accused of running unaccredited Norcross school granted bond
- Two members of SEC to visit Gwinnett Tech
- Gwinnett County Schools, Georgia Gwinnett to partner on special ed teaching program
- School lunch menus for the week of Jan. 26
- GOOD NEWS FROM SCHOOLS: Peachtree Ridge alum leading Emory team in $1 million competition
- GGC police seeking man who exposed himself to two female students