Several fighting incidents and rumors of additional altercations in recent days caused administrators at Collins Hill High to bring additional School Resource Officers to Collins Hill High on Monday.
Gwinnett Technical College has chosen 33 students as the Mµ Class of Student Ambassadors who will serve Gwinnett Tech until the fall of 2015.
Gwinnett Tech was one of seven technical colleges in the state honored for overall achievement of educational gain benchmarks.
Eljesa Haxhiu, a Culinary Arts student at Gwinnett Technical College, has won first place in a national recipe contest for Maple Leaf Farms, an Indiana-based producer of duck products
Berkmar High was evacuated Monday morning because of a small bathroom fire.
This week’s lunch menus for Gwinnett County Public Schools.
For three years, Alcova Elementary and Nellie, a 9-year-old and 90-pound Great Pyrenees, have participated in the READing Paws program to help children improve their reading skills.
Brookwood High’s Philharmonic Chamber Ensemble recently performed red carpet music at the launch of the Southern Music Foundation’s Hall of Fame event. The Southern Music Foundation is a new nonprofit institution that celebrates the traditions and future of the many musical genres that originated in the American South.
The group of students it would serve, which is expected to start at 50 freshmen and eventually grow to 200, would build and operate a business in the first two years of high school, and expand the business in the final two years.
The potential costs of Obamacare on the system could be $7,100 per substitute teacher or other “part-time” employee, which kicks in after 30 hours.
The BOE approved an intergovernmental agreement between the County and the school district to proceed with installation of stop-arm cameras on school buses to catch motorists passing illegally.
Among the 111 school system teams participating, 27 school teams and three central office teams raised $10,000 or more. The total amount raised by Gwinnett County Public Schools for the American Cancer Society through Relay for Life was $1,019,514.86.
New principals were named at Meadowcreek Elementary and Woodward Mill on Thursday at the monthly Gwinnett County Board of Education meeting.
A native of Carrollton, Cannon, 53, became the third president of Gwinnett Technical College in August and he started the job last month.
North Gwinnett High to put on family entertainment night Friday to raise money for scholarship in honor of Cooper O’Brien, an eighth grader who died over the summer after a bout with cancer
- Ga. DOE seeks one-year delay for teacher evaluation consequences
- Gwinnett Tech, Ga. Tech to partner on manufacturing education series
- Ga. DOE offers free digital textbooks
- Ga. DOE accepting applications for family-friendly partnership school awards
- Gwinnett Tech Foundation names new board chair
- Common Core supporters, critics spell out their stance at BOE hearing
- Gwinnett Schools ACT results surpass state, national averages
- GCPS matches, exceeds state averages in EOCT results
- Georgia students improve in EOCTs, continue struggles in math
- State's final CRCT results show eighth-grade improvement
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Outgoing state senator thanks constituents
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: More than 700 Gwinnett voters cast ballots
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Public invited to submit questions for debate
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Congressman calls for repeal of franking privilege
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Congressional candidate proposes two criteria for immigration
- Woodall: ‘No good options for dealing with ISIS’
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Tax cap amendment wins support
- Absentee ballots now available, voter registration deadline approaching
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Congressman honored as 'Guardian of Small Business'
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Senate candidates tout support from former Presidents
- County names acting DOT director
- No more paper recycling at fire stations
- County department receives ‘Achievement of Excellence’ award
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: State Senate candidate calls for Georgia ‘FairTax’
- Newest section of Ivy Creek Greenway opens
- Commissioners approve real estate deal with Lawrenceville
- BOC approves $923K stream restoration project
- Fire department using data to improve service
- BOC approves $9.4M contract for credit card payment service
- Environmental group touts successes, thanks county for support
- J. Alvin Wilbanks speaks to Chamber
- J. Alvin Wilbanks speaks to Chamber
- MAGIC Camp introduces girls to construction