Maj. Jim Fullington, who was named in the initial investigation into fitness testing cheating at the Winder Police Department, is the current interim chief.
Gwinnett police are investigating a homicide that occurred Saturday near Snellville. There are no known suspects.
Four crew members received letters of commendation for their roles in a Feb. 3 call involving an injured child.
A Superior Court judge on Friday dismissed a motion for contempt against the probation officer for Ed Kramer, who claimed the man responsible for monitoring him on house arrest isn’t following court-approved guidelines.
A suspect whom police are searching for reportedly attacked and robbed an elderly man of his wallet in the bathroom at a Norcross fast-food restaurant.
Snellville Neighborhood Alert Program was started by resident Tricia Rawlins.
Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter said Thursday that his office’s investigation into former Lilburn police Investigator Kim Banks was complete, but that a decision on whether to file criminal charges may take a few more weeks.
Fire believed to have originated in living room of home on 2300 block of Morning Glory Lane before spreading to three neighboring houses.
Police believe a drive-by shooting over $20 was the impetus for Jan. 27 incident that left Kevin Dawoyea dead.
Benjamin Fuller charged with theft by taking after allegedly stealing two full pallets of supplement from Norcross-based Private Label Nutraceuticals.
The incident involved a white male driving an older, full-sized red pickup truck with some rust reportedly attempting to coax a 13-year-old into his vehicle.
A 10-year-old special needs child ran away from Lilburn’s Minor Elementary School last week after being bullied at recess.
The 10 most popular stories on the Gwinnett Daily Post website during the week of Feb. 17-23, 2014.
Sheriff’s office budget approved this year near $73.4 million.
Gwinnett sheriff’s department has 43 openings; Gwinnett police department losing officers to other departments.
- Gwinnett County road closures: March 16-21
- Gwinnett legislators prepare for final days of session
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Local leaders Casas, Marin decry Venezuelan government
- Suwanee Beer Fest offers a taste for all palates
- Buford American Legion officials prepare for relocation
- Aurora Theatre to present children’s shows
- Latest Suwanee indie film to feature kidney donor, recipient
- Snellville tourism group honors volunteers
- Sugar Hill councilman honored by Kiwanis club
- Pedestrian killed in Norcross
- Shooting near Gwinnett school
- Georgia State Patrol in Gwinnett
- SURVEILLANCE VIDEO: Norcross jewlery theives