Maj. Jim Fullington, who was named in the initial investigation into fitness testing cheating at the Winder Police Department, is the current interim chief.
Lawrenceville bakery provides job skills training to special needs adults
Gwinnett police are investigating a homicide that occurred Saturday near Snellville. There are no known suspects.
The artwork of Jennifer Slavik and Sally Evans will be on display at Snellville City Hall.
A Mellow Mushroom employee in Suwanee has won a company-wide contest for a new menu item, the “Thaidal Wave Hoagie.”
Jeff Campana, whose work has been exhibited nationally and internationally, will present a workshop from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 15, at the Hudgens Center for the Arts.
Four crew members received letters of commendation for their roles in a Feb. 3 call involving an injured child.
The Duluth Fall Festival won the Gold Award for Best Use of Digital Media from the Southeast Festival and Events Association, a nonprofit dedicated to strengthen festivals and events in the southeast.
The Wesleyan School was among 24 teams of middle and high school students that won their regional competitions for the 2014 National Science Bowl late last month and advance to the National Finals in Washington in April.
Lilburn’s Camp Creek Greenway recognized by Wildlife Federation
The National Wildlife Federation has certified Lilburn’s Camp Creek Greenway as a wildlife habitat, providing food, water, shelter and a place to raise young.
The owner of a Peachtree Corners restaurant will select an honorary owner from 100-word essay submissions, and the new owner will take over for the day on April 1.
Gwinnett firefighters fought a woods fire on 12 to 20 acres in Dacula on Friday evening. Georgia Forestry was called out to assist with cutting fire breaks in the dirt to slow the travel of the fire.
Judge Warren Davis heard arguments Friday in a motion to exclude City Attorney Tony Powell in defending the city in a case where the mayor sued the city council.
A suspect whom police are searching for reportedly attacked and robbed an elderly man of his wallet in the bathroom at a Norcross fast-food restaurant.
Fire officials found an exterior equipment unit behind a fenced in area that was releasing pressure at a Norcross business and the unknown gas was on fire.
- Shots fired, SWAT responds to domestic incident in Buford
- North Gwinnett Middle's Law named Principal of the Year
- Dacula city councilman arrested, charged with theft
- Time change perfect occassion for changing smoke alarm batteries
- GGC awarded grant to recruit, retain women in technology
- 2014 ballots set for Georgia, Gwinnett
- Former pro football players to open 20 Denny's restaurants in Atlanta area, including Gwinnett
- Drivers services head gets new role
- Local Girl Scouts earn Gold Award
- Dacula seeks to annex properties
- BUCK'S BYTES: Venus, the Sun, great volunteers and a lot of fun
- NOW WE'RE COOKING: Chicken tikki masala
- PEACHTREE CORNERS CITY FACTS: City Services - Planning & Zoning and Trash Pickup
- PEACHTREE CORNERS CITY FACTS: City Next Steps
- 'Behind the Scenes' ... at Medieval Times
- Local bakery helps special needs adults
- Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour