Cindy Martinez battled the ailment this year and lost parts of both legs and her right hand.
The city of Duluth will be making some big changes to the way it looks, with plans for a beautification project, a new sign for the Red Clay Theatre and a new Dreamland Barbecue location under construction downtown.
The project includes a small park near the veterans memorial and an upgraded town green in front of City Hall.
In the only action item on the agenda Monday night for the second straight month, the Lilburn City Council approved by a 3-1 vote an expenditure of over $1 million for an almost 10-acre site on Lawrenceville Highway.
Gwinnett County police announced the arrest of a suspect in a fatal hit and run in unincorporated Tucker.
Traffic problems in Johns Creek are so pervasive that even some of the city’s own traffic-related technology is adding to the problem.
More than 1,000 supporters of Dr. Ben Carson lined up at the Sugarloaf Mills Books-A-Million on Saturday night to meet the Republican presidential candidate.
The City of Sugar Hill is bringing back the Sugar Rush Festival on Saturday, Oct. 17, featuring a 5K, an art contest and a free concert featuring Grammy-winning country star Travis Tritt.
The Daily Post gives readers a quick look at what’s happening in their cities.
Over the last 175 years, the once single culture congregation has expanded into First Baptist Church of Lilburn with 18 language congregations from around the world.
Lawrenceville’s Rock’n Ribville went off as planned Saturday despite a rainy afternoon.
Rain ended Lilburn Daze a little early on Saturday, but it didn’t stop attendees from having a good time.
People who knew Sylvester Crawford talk about who he was after news broke that he was on the missing El Faro cargo ship.
The Environmental and Heritage Center is presenting its annual Creatures of the Night which is an experience that offers its guests the learn about the amazing adaptions and lives of various nocturnal animals.
Education in the Johns Creek area received another gold star recently when an elementary school was given a national honor.
- Businesses give Dacula mom custom van after flesh-eating bacteria
- Duluth City Council approves several new projects
- Construction starts on park, town green improvements in Snellville
- Lilburn City Council approves $1M purchase of 10-acre site
- Golf tourney raises thousands for GCPS mentoring program
- Gwinnett ‘still concerned’ about federal water rule despite court hold
- Gwinnett County to send emergency officials to help with South Carolina flooding
- Police arrest suspect in fatal Gwinnett hit and run
- Johns Creek subdivision feels brunt of Old Alabama road work
- School lunch menus for the week of Oct. 12
- BUCK'S BYTES: Venus, the Sun, great volunteers and a lot of fun
- NOW WE'RE COOKING: Chicken tikki masala
- PEACHTREE CORNERS CITY FACTS: City Services - Planning & Zoning and Trash Pickup
- PEACHTREE CORNERS CITY FACTS: City Next Steps
- Gwinnett Rotary thanks school bus drivers
- Testimonials of HomeSafe Georgia
- Missing Peachtree Corners girl