When it comes to remembering things, it's funny how the mind works.
If you don't want credit card debt to ruin your marriage, however, you'll need to take steps to curb your spending. One recommendation is that you avoid using credit cards to pay for routine expenses, such as groceries, gasoline, and full body waxes.
The local library system continues to provide great opportunities to meet best-selling writers.
At a garage sale, that bowl would bring no more than a nickel or a dime, bought by someone who would use it for dog food or fertilizer or such. But from me, you couldn't buy it for a million dollars.
There are distinct differences between the way successful happy people approach life versus those who continually struggle.
In May, Barbara Huffman's non-profit organization Huffman House will celebrate its second anniversary of providing grass-roots social services to people of all faiths or no faith at all in Gwinnett County.
Next time you're watching a college basketball game, and supposedly "big-time" players are clanking the ball off the rim over and over again, remember that we mainly have the AAU culture to thank.
Though I come from hardscrabble folks where education was a luxury, they had enough learning to know that others should be treated with decency and respect.
Your metaphors create the narrative of your life. Choose imagery that will help you show up with passion for the people who matter to you.
Although I'm fortunate to live in a county that appears to have relatively functional schools, I can't help but look at DeKalb and think, "There but for the grace of God go we."
Let's start with the word Easter, itself. The word comes from the Greek "Eos" and Latin "Aurora," both meaning dawn, and according to some authorities are also root words for "estrogen." From that, Anglo-Saxon pagans derived the name Eostre for their goddess of spring, honored with fertility symbols of rabbits and eggs. Not sure what any of that had to do with Jesus.
Acknowledging and appreciating uncertainty doesn't make you less powerful. It makes you more powerful.
In churches like ours, the men gather on one side and the women on the other so they can sing parts and blend deliciously together. To me, it is simply beautiful to hear songs like "I'll Fly Away" or "When We All Get To Heaven" sung with such gusto, almost always ending with a soprano refrain.
The idea that online classes are no different from traditional classrooms, or that we can herd all our students into online and the majority of them will be just fine is, to be blunt, a little bit nuts.
The Prayer of St. Francis is proof the new pope picked a great name.
Health and Wellness
- One year later, Copeland looks ahead to busy summer 1 comment
- Prevalence of food, skin allergies rises with income
- Gwinnett Relay raises $1.5 million so far
- G-Braves to honor two Barrow County boys
- Journey begins with hard work, rewards for new moms 1 comment
- Thousands show up for Relay for Life
- Thousands expected for annual Relay event
- GMC announces new office of research
- Marrow drive Friday at Peachtree Ridge
- Eastside launches public display effort of ER wait times
Home and Garden
- DALY: Zoysia makes an attractive and durable lawn
- DALY: Heirloom vegetables valued for superior flavor
- DALY: Keeping carpenter bees away from your home
- DALY: If you lack space for a vegetable garden, consider using containers
- DALY: The native dogwood colors the spring landscape
- Annual spring plant sale at Gwinnett Tech
- DALY: Georgia Gold Medal plants are proven winners for the home landscape
- The Gwinnett County Master Gardener Association hosts tour of gardens
- DALY: Lawn care during early spring affects quality through the year
- DALY: Moss in lawns a sign of poor growing conditions